Statement on Forums Conduct

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @Pain_Walker

That post you touch on the two things I point out. But I don't feel bad for Zbot. He made the decision to be a mod. He continues to make the decision to be a mod. Therefore he should act as such. IMO and could be only mine I have seen actions besides yesterday that would be suspect to the position. The point I made was one person gets a ban while other as far as we know gets nothing.(mod vs player)

But the other issue of player that has already been mentioned 3x having mult accounts on forums and admitting it goes unaddressed where is the actions by the mods on him? Instead they closed threads and left the obvious trolling untouched. Seems to me there is disconnect and there are two sides. Either you are on this side and such things don't apply to you or you are on this side and well we will shut down threads and ban you.

Not saying that is the case in all mods but appears to be the case in some. Perception is all that matters. I know how some perceive me within this community and I realize how I portray myself, but that is the beautiful thing I will never meet any of you all and honestly most of you will never know me or about me other than this board. Those that do know me tend to think differently of me in private than on forum
    DLHJaden
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Pig said:

WeekOne said:

@Pig ... disagreeing with a person saying they like Andrea as a character of TWD is silly FFS

Do we really have to be that childish? Seriously?

A herd was following that poster and disagreeing on these post... all the the same users. That’s clear to me what’s happening.

Whether disagreeing about having Andrea as a hero was silly or childish is NOT the question. Whether it is abuse of the disagree button is the question.

If there was a herd disagreeing with anthony, DLich is not responsible for any disagrees other than his own. But I don't think the evidence shows this in any case. Some who disagreed with him were in the herd, and others weren't.
    @Pig

New and old forum members should feel comfortable voicing their opinions [in a constructive way of course] and not fear having a herd following their every move to try to make them look or feel bad. I’m sorry but when a forum user, especially a new one, has a herd following them giving disagrees just for the heck of it because they don’t like the character in the show... that can’t be fun for the new member, can it?

DLich didn’t like getting one disagree... How about we put ourselves in the other person’s shoes for a minute?

I do think some actions are silly, childish, and really unnecessary. This is not a daycare and if we want to be treated as adults, we need to act like adults.... bottom line for me.

At this point, NG and the forum moderation team have taken action, and we need to live with the consequences.

I sincerely hope DLich and any other member(s) who were involved in this reaches out to NG and the forum moderation team to resolve this issue behind closed doors.

GuapoJadenLootHoarderlyts1985
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    @Kaz are you planning on addressing the questions that you were tagged in? Or are we just spinning our wheels toward another cliff?
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    Drunken
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    To me the timeline was this:

a) dlich disappeared
    b) tons of threads popped up about what happened to dlich
    c) a mod announced what happened to dlich and asked to stop starting new threads about what happened to him.
    d) all out war on the mod
    e) Kas asked us all to relax and get back to the business of playing the game and if any has issues they should PM him.

There isn't a forum rule about C even if you don't like it. Rule 3 applies to the person that had the action taken against them.
    There are rules about D. Rules 2 and 4 (yes the mods are fellow forum members)
    If anyone still has beef...see E. Also rule 2.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/16495/forum-rules-guidelines#latest

#justplaythegame

Your pushing all of the threads I care about out of the first page.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    TJSWeekOneGuapobigbeanoI_Am_PsychoTimboskisuzequeue
    valereee said:

But @WeekOne the fact you don't see any abuse of power is irrelevant. There is a widespread perception that there might have been abuse of power. What I am saying is that PERCEPTION needs to be dealt with publicly.

WeekOne said:

@valereee I believe NG will make that call and I don’t see any abuse of power.

The way I see it, some members want to destroy the image of one person and I’m not falling for that one and sure as heck don’t agree with forcing an apology.

The perception is not widespread, it is with one specific group trying very hard to convince the other forums members and NG that it is widespread when it’s not.

Sorry @valereee ... I respectfully disagree with you.

TJSbigbeanoGuapoDLHBill_ZRTNarniaJadenI_Am_PsychoLootHoarderKyrusTimboski
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,461
    @kaz for vice-president!

@weekone is already my president - sorry Kaz that's what's left.

Feel happy though, please.
    KazWeekOneMadPuppyabve
    edited February 2018
    @JerryDixon go back and read the op. Quite specifically This was left open to discuss the issue, not the people that brought it up. Your e is wrong
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    TJSI_Am_Psycho
    edited February 2018
    Edit* response was made as I typed original
    GuapoBill_ZRTMadPuppy
    BTW, if you notice I disagree with people here, it should be obvious why. If not ask me, I'll be happy to tell you. I used to not use it much, but since it's there I guess I should use it more. ☺️
    KazPigCaptainslayer
    edited February 2018
    Guapo said:

Disagree button being gone would help

Consistency would help

Communication would help

100% agree.... we are learning how to communicate effectively amongst each other. Nobody is perfect.

I prefer using the ‘quote’ feature and having a constructive conversation with someone, like what we are having now, vs not knowing how you feel and just seeing a bunch of disagrees and lol’s.

GuapobigbeanoGovernatorPig
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    For some reason I've been listening to this song while reading all this the past 2 days :p

P.S. R Kelly likes peeing on people

You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    JenngArtisansDLHJapes87
    @MadPuppy

Was your response to my response to the response that I seek that I edited forcing you to edit your post?
    DonCoquiMadPuppybigbeano
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,440

I literally laughed out loud @SlickRick

This seals the deal. I, for one will continue to be my childish, silly, ridoodoodickulous , self.
    SlickRick said:

P.S. R Kelly likes peeing on people

DLHSlickRickWeekOneArtisans
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    Guapo said:

@JerryDixon go back and read the op. Quite specifically This was left open to discuss the issue, not the people that brought it up. Your e is wrong

Perfect example of how to use the disagree button. I stated something incorrectly (which I believe is letter E that should have been "Kas asked us all to relax and get back to the business of playing the game and if any has issues they should post them here") and you called me on it and explained why you disagreed. If all you did was click disagree I would have no idea why.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    WeekOne
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,616
    @Drunken Patience.

Mods are doing lots of behind the scene’s work so they won’t disclose in public what they find.

I don’t want to speak as a mod as I am not one. But patience has sorted out many problems before.

I still don’t understand why people think I have some special privilleges over others. I have been jailed by Zbot before.

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    My crystal ball sees better days ahead... See what happens @Kaz when we have a cool down time and no gas booster. Lol
    (Sorry, had to say it) >:)
    MattOfEarthcrambert_necKaz