Statement on Forums Conduct

Comments

• PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Kaz said:

Pig said:

If using the disagree button when you genuinely disagree with content is going to be deemed "trolling," why not just remove the damned button? @Kaz @Shteevie

I don't feel that taking something away from the whole community because of few users that don't use it properly is the way to go. But if everybody thinks that reaction will only cause troubles, I'm all up for it.
    Thanks for your response. I just want to point out that you don't seem to have understood my request, based on your summary. In your words, I've asked for the removal of the disagree button "because of a few users that don't use it properly." However, in my words, I have asked for its removal "If moderators can't tell when disagrees are genuine and when they're trolling."

I certainly hope this misrepresentation of my position wasn't intentional.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    JadenTechfall
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Metal said:

There’s Abuse, Divorce, homeless, racism, murder, poverty, hunger, just to name a few in the real world. Please just look at the nonsense here compared to those. When you do compare them it’s awfully silly....

Fallacy of relative privation. Next!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    JeemPedGovernatorTechfall
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Pig said:

@WeekOne There are many things I agree with you about, and have already agreed with you about in this thread. I can't help but wonder whether your repetition of them is a product of your not really reading what I've said and truly considering it.

As for the parts we still disagree about, I think any reasonable reader can see that I've handled them adequately already.

As for working together to make sure we all have a good forum experience and so on, that's exactly my goal, in case you were unaware. Everything I've said here has been an effort to make the forums a safer place for everyone.

I hope you have a wonderful day as well.

I have read everything you said @Pig ... I’m sorry you don’t like hearing what I have to say.

I believe you when you say you want the forums a safer place for everyone <3

Cheers!
    Techfall
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Pig said:

Kaz said:

Pig said:

If using the disagree button when you genuinely disagree with content is going to be deemed "trolling," why not just remove the damned button? @Kaz @Shteevie

I don't feel that taking something away from the whole community because of few users that don't use it properly is the way to go. But if everybody thinks that reaction will only cause troubles, I'm all up for it.
    Thanks for your response. I just want to point out that you don't seem to have understood my request, based on your summary. In your words, I've asked for the removal of the disagree button "because of a few users that don't use it properly." However, in my words, I have asked for its removal "If moderators can't tell when disagrees are genuine and when they're trolling."

I certainly hope this misrepresentation of my position wasn't intentional.
    In my defense, it was not a great idea to go through all the thread in one day, hahaha.

Well, for this case, it was clear that it was not used as it should and both sides admitted that. But I do agree that sometimes we can't know for sure. I think its removal has its ups and downs. If it'll clear cases like that in the future without making the community feeling that we are taking their "voice", let's go with that! So in other words, yep, let's discuss that! :)
    WeekOne
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    @Kaz how many points were given in the warning? I can't remember how many it takes before you get a ban.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    Techfall
    @Cronus you need to read my signature...
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    Techfall
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Kaz said:

capibara said:

I have no clue about what was going on between @DLich and @anthony172 but i seriously want to know what is going on with @stuffnthangs that is claming to have alt accounts and no mods did anything to prevent him from trolling against me and some of my friends... @Kaz

@Kaz
    Surely its time to go through the logs to establish who was REALLY fanning the flames here. There will be IP details, device details etc.
    I totally agree. That's what we did and only after that, the decision was made.
    Did you check logs of the user I was referring to and establish they were, as they confessed to, using an alt account. What decision was made regarding that?

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    Techfall
    @I_Am_Psycho ... I think that would fall under forum rule #3, not sure NG would discuss that with us?
    Techfall
    WeekOne said:

@I_Am_Psycho ... I think that would fall under forum rule #3, not sure NG would discuss that with us?

I don't think it comes under rule 3 as I am not discussing action against myself.

A member claimed to be using more than one forum account, and was provoking people whilst doing so.

I suggested checking the logs to root out this mischievous person, and @Kaz responded by saying they did and only after that the decision was made. So I asked which decision, because the response was unclear. It might be the suggestion was misunderstood.

Techfall
    MrRight said:

Btw, can someone tell me if @weekone is employeed by NG? He or she seems to know how moderation works internally here and that decisions made by them are always right. If she is an employee I will take his or her statements as fact.

I will confirm I am not am employee of NG... I simply indicated that I choose to trust the moderation system. :)
    anthony172TimboskiTechfall
  • MrRightMrRight Member Posts: 23
    Thank you @weekone. I have no life so I just looked at your posts from the past. You seem like you are respected and have inside knowledge of how this game works. Thought you worked for them (NG). I look forward to learning from you
    GuapoTimboskiTechfallbigbeano
    @MrRight for the sake of this discussion.
    TimboskiTechfall
    edited February 2018
    Removed because double post with flaky forum
    JenngTechfall
    I just saw that if you click on your name it shows your disagrees, agrees, likes, etc. Saw that guapo disagreed with me. How do I report that? Lol
    CaptainslayerTechfallbigbeano
    You just did.

TJSGovernatorCaptainslayerTechfall
    In all seriousness I am not reporting guapo. That was a joke. Please do not take action on that for anyone who enforces that.

Side note, I did a forum search for "den" and only found threads. I was curious to see what you guys were talking about. What is the Den?
    anthony172JackBauerJenngTechfallbigbeano
    edited February 2018
    Can I join the "Den" or is it a private club?
    capibara