What should happen with the disagree button

Comments

• GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    Remove it, it causes too much trouble
    @Pig what about a capibara pelt...
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
  • TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    edited February 2018
    Keep is, it's useful
    @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > Why should dislike reports be ignored?

How is someone dislike your post a threat, vulgar or abusive? It's an opinion

Can I start reporting lol or funny on posts that clearly aren't funny or lol worthy?
    anthony172SlowMo
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Guapo said:

@Pig what about a capibara pelt...

There is no reaction button quite right for that comment!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    JadenzivaoliviabigbeanoGovernator
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,252
    Keep is, it's useful
    > @DLich said:
    > The disagree button should remain. There’s no need for it to be removed. Members like myself just need thicker skin :)

"COUGH" Iron skin....
    PigCaptainslayerJadenGovernator
    Keep is, it's useful
    > @Guapo said:
    > The disagree button means nothing to those who don't care, for those who use stature to make their posts reliable it does mean something. I have disagrees on a powerstrike post where I was right, but the dummies don't get it. So the op sees the correct answer (mine) and only disagrees and believes the wrong answer. If I took pride in helping people that would piss me off. I personally find disagree trolling today and in the other thread funny. Just grow balls and hit up Kaz there too if you're gonna do it.

I disagreed with some of his opinions too. Also your post is also flawed you can't ban people for disagreeing with something they don't know or think is correct that's not abusing the button
    JadenbigbeanoBoukephalos
    @Techfall your memory is flawed. I actually looked through, you did 1 of Kaz, then everyone all the way through being funny (I thought) But then pussed out and skipped a Kaz post.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    Governator
    edited February 2018
    Keep is, it's useful
    > @Guapo said:
    > @Techfall your memory is flawed. I actually looked through, you did 1 of Kaz, then everyone all the way through being funny (I thought) But then pussed out and skipped a Kaz post.

Because I didn't disagree with it, still challenged?

Also I can disagree with off topic posts that take away from the discussion can I not?
    You can disagree with whatever you want, just don't puss out.
    JeemPedGovernator
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,252
    Keep is, it's useful
    I'm starting to get that feeling..
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 455
    Change it to something else
    Change it to “eergasid” a backwards disagree !
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield UK (SUK)” Group Our World.
    PigGovernator
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Keep is, it's useful
    Techfall said:

@I_Am_Psycho said:

> Why should dislike reports be ignored?

How is someone dislike your post a threat, vulgar or abusive? It's an opinion

Can I start reporting lol or funny on posts that clearly aren't funny or lol worthy?

When something is done to intentionally troll, it is abusive. You disagreed with ALL of those posts? Well some had opposing opinions, so that would mean you disagreed with your disagrees.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    JadenGovernator
    Keep is, it's useful
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    >
    > > Why should dislike reports be ignored?
    >
    >
    >
    > How is someone dislike your post a threat, vulgar or abusive? It's an opinion
    >
    >
    >
    > Can I start reporting lol or funny on posts that clearly aren't funny or lol worthy?
    >
    > When something is done to intentionally troll, it is abusive. You disagreed with ALL of those posts? Well some had opposing opinions, so that would mean you disagreed with your disagrees.

There's only 2 opinions possible?
  • lyts1985lyts1985 Member Posts: 56
    Keep is, it's useful
    I really can't believe some people can get so uptight about someone disagreeing with them... surely that's human nature? What a sad state of affairs. I vote to keep.
    GuapoGovernator
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Keep is, it's useful
    Techfall said:

> @I_Am_Psycho said:

> @I_Am_Psycho said:

>

> > Why should dislike reports be ignored?

>

>

>

> How is someone dislike your post a threat, vulgar or abusive? It's an opinion

>

>

>

> Can I start reporting lol or funny on posts that clearly aren't funny or lol worthy?

>

> When something is done to intentionally troll, it is abusive. You disagreed with ALL of those posts? Well some had opposing opinions, so that would mean you disagreed with your disagrees.

There's only 2 opinions possible?

You was just disagree trolling. Everyone saw it.

I have no more to add.

Up to staff whether to allow it now ;)
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    @DLich glad you're back, but you are just one. This has been an ongoing issue for a long time.
    JadenvalereeeGovernator
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,173
    Cronus said:

Nooo i almost reach the 200 disagree!!!!! :D

In 6 more I'm going to disagree with you :wink:
    @anthony172 you've got to be freaking kidding me!!!! Now I have to wait for 31 more disagrees on you before I can disagree? What is there an anti-disagree campaign taking place? Please open a thread titled "10 reasons why I love Andrea" and make your first post simply "Feel free to disagree with me". Yesterday I was so close.
    anthony172JadenCaptainslayerGovernator
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    Keep is, it's useful
    .> @Cronus said:
    > Nooo i almost reach the 200 disagree!!!!! :D
    >
    > In 6 more I'm going to disagree with you :wink:
    >
    > @anthony172 you've got to be freaking kidding me!!!! Now I have to wait for 31 more disagrees on you before I can disagree? What is there an anti-disagree campaign taking place? Please open a thread titled "10 reasons why I love Andrea" and make your first post simply "Feel free to disagree with me". Yesterday I was so close
    I can say 20 reason why i love Andrea. That's a great idead!!!
    DLichCronusJadenbigbeano
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,485
    Keep is, it's useful
    Even though I will probably be in the top 3 forum people with the most disagrees (soon to be more than agrees) I would say we don't need to remove it. Disagrees and LOL's aren't something that bothers me to be honest. And even if it did I would probably have my signature to blame.

Something something NG does something for the better. Now give me disagrees and LOLs.

Have a nice day and welcome back @DLich
    PW
    anthony172DLichJadenBoukephalos
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,376
    Stfu a @xbamfx sighting too! :o
    xbamfxGovernator
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Great discussion and thanks for the pool @Guapo

But really hard to make a decision based on that when the 3 options have the exact number of votes, hahahah! :D

I can see that it can be used for trolling and can upset some users when they don't understand why someone disagrees with their post. And if you disagree with something, you can show that by posting and explaining why.

How many of you that vote "Keep is, it's useful" would be upset if we disable that button in order to avoid the possible toxicity that comes from that?
This discussion has been closed.