Does a % damage badge cancel out another % damage badge

CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
I have let's say, a 9% damage set a. badge and a 7% damage set a. badge assigned to my Abe and all other of his badges are all set a. badges.

Does 1 cancel the other out?

I was told by help desk that point badges, and % badges and the 20% multiplier do not stack

Comments

• ChiefkeoChiefkeo Member Posts: 164
    They have to stack or what is the use of having the 6 slots.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • ChiefkeoChiefkeo Member Posts: 164
    @Kaz can you clear this up before everyone assigns any badges made during this event?
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    That is what I thought, but was told badges don't stack on badges, just base lvl
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    If you have a numerical damage increase badge and a percentage damage increase badge, the numerical is applied to the base number and then the percentage badge is applied to the new base. If you have multiple numerical increases, they are all added together to the base. Any percentage increase badges are summed together and then applied to the new numerical value.
    Black Labs Matter.
    jimmorrison369xbamfx
    > @PigBenis said:
    > If you have a numerical damage increase badge and a percentage damage increase badge, the numerical is applied to the base number and then the percentage badge is applied to the new base. If you have multiple numerical increases, they are all added together to the base. Any percentage increase badges are summed together and then applied to the new numerical value.

That is what I initially thought, but help desk told me they do not stack. That the % is off of the base damage and the point damage is also on top of only the base damage.

That is why I have questions.
    jimmorrison369
    They also told me the 20% multiplier didn't stack either...
    Several weekends ago when they had the free badge removal event I did a trial on it with some data.

I can confirm what I said. A survivor has a base damage. Adding a weapon will alter this base damage based on level, rarity, etc. Numerical damage badges apply to this base damage. % damage badges add and then increase the total base (survivor base + weapon + numeric damage badges).

It works the same for health. Numerical values first applied to base, then % multiplied to total base.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Boukephalosjimmorrison369ShadowaceAz
    The 20% multiplier is in effect if you have 4-6 badges of the same set.If you have 4-6 badges of the same set, the bonus will be applied and will be visible directly on the badges with adjusted numerical values and percentages for those badges in a set.

Only a 20% bonus applies. In other words, you don't get more of a bonus for a 5th, 6th badge in the same set other than having the already applied 20% bonus apply to the 5th and 6th in the same set as well. So if you are adding a 5th badge of the same set to your survivor and it is for +500 damage normally, it will become 120% x 500 = 600 damage and will show as such on your survivor when you apply it. Secondary traits should be multiplied by this 20% as well when in effect.
    Black Labs Matter.
    jimmorrison369ShadowaceAz
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,929
    I've tested this way back at the beginning of badges.
    I've also mentioned here. https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/282260/#Comment_282260

@pmalsenis is correct

Don't listen to support. They are wrong all the time. Sorry to say...
    CBgaming1969paintbeast
    PigBenis said:

Secondary traits should be multiplied by this 20% as well when in effect.

If by that you mean: "if x condition, then y bonus".
    That bonus does not get boosted 20%.
    Although I'm not 100% sure about that (it is of course a real small difference).
    My testing showed it was excluded from the 20% bonus.
    CBgaming1969
    I'm just going by what the help desk told me.

I believe you as that was what I was going by on the last badge swap. I personally match all 6 badges per hero/survivor to get the 20% on all 6 badges.

I moved around all my badges last free swap, but because I wanted to know which badge type was best for and how for hero/survivor traits and to make s use that they stacked as we think they do.

I had a 800 health, 9% health and a 6% health all set a. badges as an example also had 500 damage, 354 damage and 12% damage set a. badges as examples and also some critical damage and chance and T.R. set a. badges so i asked to make sure I understood and asked about them stacking as well as the 20% multiplier and what trait escalates the C.C, C.D and T.R badges and if there was a chart.

They told me the the badges don't stack and the damage and healthy were on the base levels and as far as C.C, C.D and T.R. that was "secret sauce " and they wouldn't tell me.

That's while after two days later I had more questions than answers, I had previously wrongly thought I understood the badges and was wrong, but fixed it the last free swap.

I wanted to find out as much as I could to completely optimize my badge strategy, dispersion and assignments going into this event.
    It was my mistake not to write down and track the badge differences when I was testing and playing around with different combos. It's hard to tell when you can all really test in outpost and scavenger and not really fully test because you don't want to waste precious gas.

I was hoping @Kaz, the help desk or another moderator could answer before the event was over.
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > Secondary traits should be multiplied by this 20% as well when in effect.
    >
    > If by that you mean: "if x condition, then y bonus".
    > That bonus does not get boosted 20%.
    > Although I'm not 100% sure about that (it is of course a real small difference).
    > My testing showed it was excluded from the 20% bonus.

The only way you might could test that is to actual assign them together and go into a mission. But, see that's my problem, that 20% multipler as well as all the other badges should all stack when all the badge factors are met
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > I've tested this way back at the beginning of badges.
    > I've also mentioned here. https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/282260/#Comment_282260
    >
    > @pmalsenis is correct
    >
    > Don't listen to support. They are wrong all the time. Sorry to say...

If that is true, then thank you ever so much, their answer didn't make since to me and as each day passed made me question even my very existence
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > I've tested this way back at the beginning of badges.
    > I've also mentioned here. https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/282260/#Comment_282260
    >
    > @pmalsenis is correct
    >
    > Don't listen to support. They are wrong all the time. Sorry to say...

Thanks and I wasn't even ever considering the effects when with the hero trait engaged. You can easily see the increase when those are activated by just moving them around at the start of a mission without having to go and waste precious resources.

Thanks again it is most helpful!!!
    jimmorrison369
    In the previous comments, I meant D.R. for damage reduction and not T.R.
    > @David_H79 said:
    > From my experience with game mechanics, @jimmorrison369 is most of the time right, maybe every time. :)

Thank you as well as @jimmorrison369

We need and ask @jimmorrison369 button of forum
    David_H79MizTy
    I was really feeling stupid.

So @jimmorrison369 do you know the best calculation, trait escalators, etc. for critical chance, critical damage and treat reduction. I'm fairly sure to optimize critical damage is accurate, marksmen, sureshot and would weapons traits be 4,5 and pink stars all be escalators?

I had a 800 health, 9% health and a 6% health all set a. badges as an example

A just so you know. Health works a little different.
    If you have a 100 damage badge and + 10% damage badge. Then the 100 becomes 110.
    If you have a 100 health badge and a + 10% health badge. Then the 100 stays 100!

CBgaming1969
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > I had a 800 health, 9% health and a 6% health all set a. badges as an example
    >
    > A just so you know. Health works a little different.
    > If you have a 100 damage badge and + 10% damage badge. Then the 100 becomes 110.
    > If you have a 100 health badge and a + 10% health badge. Then the 100 stays 100!

Thanks, good to know.

Does that mean that basically damage point badges are applied to base damage prior to stacking then the % badge and the opposite happens with health so % badges are applied to base health then health points are stacked on that?
    edited February 2018

I was really feeling stupid.

So @jimmorrison369 do you know the best calculation, trait escalators, etc. for critical chance, critical damage and treat reduction. I'm fairly sure to optimize critical damage is accurate, marksmen, sureshot and would weapons traits be 4,5 and pink stars all be escalators?

First things first. Accurate and sure-shot do NOT increase your critical damage.
    They increase your critical chance, which is only the chance to get a critical.
    If you have sure shot and luck on survivor and weapon, then you are already close to the maximum of 90% critical chance.

Marksman buffs your survivor base regular damage, and therefore also increases your critical damage yes.
    A pink star just also buffs your survivor base damage. This is only a small margin of your total damage.
    The extra damage from pink stars is really not that interesting. Pink stars do also help against body-shots and help receive less critical hits.

Thanks, good to know.

Does that mean that basically damage point badges are applied to base damage prior to stacking then the % badge and the opposite happens with health so % badges are applied to base health then health points are stacked on that?

Yes something like that, for all intents and purposes yes, but not exactly.
    when calculating critical hits for example. you get something like this:
    Survivor damage (includes marksman/strong and hero buff) + weapon damage (includes lethal) = "base damage"
    Base damage * critical factor = critical damage
    Critical damage + badge damage = total critical damage
    Total critical damage * damagebadge% factor = Total damage.

In above example you can replace critical for ruthless, powerstrike, charging etc.

In fact, your +damage badge comes after base, critical damage (which includes power-strike), charging, destructive, ruthless.
    But BEFORE the %damage badge, and together with the critical + damage badges.

If you have further questions, you can always tag me in the question.
    But to keep the forum clean, it may be better to take this to the "strategy" section of the forum.
    CBgaming1969
    Also take a good read on:
    This
    and
    This

It explains a lot about regular damage and health.
    If you want to include Critical damage and try for maximum damage.
    Look here.

Critical chance, I'm currently writing about that and I'll post about it in strategy "soon".
    But I must admit. I've just bought a house, and work is very busy. So "soon" can be anything between a week to a month.
    CBgaming1969Japes87jimmydawisemsapaev
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > Also take a good read on:
    > This
    > and
    > This
    >
    > It explains a lot about regular damage and health.
    > If you want to include Critical damage and try for maximum damage.
    > Look here.
    >
    > Critical chance, I'm currently writing about that and I'll post about it in strategy "soon".
    > But I must admit. I've just bought a house, and work is very busy. So "soon" can be anything between a week to a month.

AWESOME @jimmorrison369 you are the Doors!!!!
    jimmorrison369
    O, a disclaimer.
    I am not testing this on a daily basis, lol, so NG can change stuff and I wouldn't know.
    So please, if somebody finds out certain aspects of my calculations are no longer true.
    Please let me know :)

CBgaming1969
    PigBenis said:

It works the same for health. Numerical values first applied to base, then % multiplied to total base.

@PigBenis
    This is NOT true.
    Health works differently.

%health comes first
    than + health comes after!!

CBgaming1969
    @jimmorrison369 the help desk got back me this morning right before 7am est.

You would not believe that they actually gave me the correct answer this time!

Thanks again and looking forward to more post from you
    jimmorrison369