[Suggestion] Long Ranged Survivors Too OP

Hey I'm pretty sure everyone just uses a combo of, hunter and shooters to clear most of the missions.

I suggest a nerf. Adding ammunition to the long ranged survivors. In order to get more ammunition, you'd either search, or else have a chance to trade supplies/scraps for it AFTER running through a mission (say you've found some other survivors to trade with and you're nice not to kill them).

Maybe I've just played too many ammunition consuming games =P
zoson

Comments

• ConnConn Member Posts: 138
    I do agree somewhat, but instead of a nerf i would recommend a buff of melee characters (Apart from the not spawning in additional zombies)
    Groupme Info:
    Name: Ralph (Conn)
    Email: [email protected]
    zosonDigitalbud
  • MizifuuMizifuu Member Posts: 62
    Hunters/shooters are fine to me and I dont like the idea of limited ammo but I agree with a posible melee buff.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    IMO Gold level swift strike should be 50% or better to make scouts more compelling against shooters. Right now the only time I'd ever take a scout over a shooter is on maps like S.W.A.T. where there are lots of armored zombies.

I'm not entirely sure how to fix bruisers.

Warriors don't really need to be fixed, they're damn strong as is, and basically I'll take a warrior over a scout in 99% of all instances.
    jureforjustice
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    edited November 2015
    zoson said:

IMO Gold level swift strike should be 50% or better to make scouts more compelling against shooters. Right now the only time I'd ever take a scout over a shooter is on maps like S.W.A.T. where there are lots of armored zombies.

Warriors don't really need to be fixed, they're damn strong as is, and basically I'll take a warrior over a scout in 99% of all instances.

Totally agree with you on all this. HOWEVER!!! I think scout swift strike should be 60/70/80% and can proc indefinitely =P
    Pnub

zoson said:

Totally agree with you on all this. HOWEVER!!! I think scout swift strike should be 60/70/80% and can proc indefinitely =P
    That would make scouts better than shooters in basically all instances due to getting an extra attack every turn. The only way to make it really fair is have a chance to not get an extra attack still.
    edited November 2015
    zoson said:

That would make scouts better than shooters in basically all instances due to getting an extra attack every turn. The only way to make it really fair is have a chance to not get an extra attack still.

The 20% chance of not getting another attack can hurt them. Imagine going in thinking "I can stab and get out of the face of this tank" but NOPE! You're stuck because lady luck was too busy looking elsewhere =O Lol! #GetRektMoments

Shooters have the advantage due to them having guaranteed safety against the opponent they are aiming.
  • PnubPnub Member Posts: 49
    @jureforjustice
    I agree they can be opt for getting thru missions without taking dmg.

A few tweaks can help balance game.

Range

-realistic gun mechanics like ammo.
    Instead of consumable bullets, make guns have round limits. Requiring use of 1 AP to reload gun. Allowing ability to still move before reloading, or reload and overwatch.

Hunters 2-4 shots
    Shooters 6 shots
    Assaults3-5 shots

Melee

-Buff melee abilities by removing body shots on melee, making melee more effective and easier to plan attacks if know they have a fix minimum dmg.

- Make melee attacks cost 1AP allowing then to stand in heat of battle, sacrificing move for 2 attacks. Be able to attack and still have option of overwatch or move.

-Also think retaliation needs fixed. Should be able to overwatch first and retaliate an attack in same round. As of now you only get one or other.

Melee could use sum buffing.
    My take on situation.

Vote Up if agree
    jureforjusticeConnMorgan
    Pnub said:

@jureforjustice
    I agree they can be opt for getting thru missions without taking dmg.

A few tweaks can help balance game.

Range

-realistic gun mechanics like ammo.
    Instead of consumable bullets, make guns have round limits. Requiring use of 1 AP to reload gun. Allowing ability to still move before reloading, or reload and overwatch.

Hunters 2-4 shots
    Shooters 6 shots
    Assaults3-5 shots

Melee

-Buff melee abilities by removing body shots on melee, making melee more effective and easier to plan attacks if know they have a fix minimum dmg.

- Make melee attacks cost 1AP allowing then to stand in heat of battle, sacrificing move for 2 attacks. Be able to attack and still have option of overwatch or move.

-Also think retaliation needs fixed. Should be able to overwatch first and retaliate an attack in same round. As of now you only get one or other.

Melee could use sum buffing.
    My take on situation.

Vote Up if agree
    You should make a poll on this, I really like this idea =D
    Pnub
    Yeah nice idea pnub.

@zoson
    I think bruisers are Great as They are. They stun for two turns (with the special weapon trait) and with the special ability they're Great for missions like S.W.A.T. Dont think They Need much fixing.
    Groupme Info:
    Pnub
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    Pnub said:

-Also think retaliation needs fixed. Should be able to overwatch first and retaliate an attack in same round. As of now you only get one or other.Vote Up if agree

I really like this option for the second attack because right now, the melee survivor is a weak companion to the ranged attack ones.

Also the retaliation mechanic needs an overhaul. If you attack via overwatch, you lose the retaliation ability. That needs to be fixed. It really makes the melee survivor less useful.

Also the overwatch attack needs fixing too. Why do both melee survivors end up attacking the same zombie? If you aren't able to retaliate if you perform an overwatch attack, this definitely needs to be fixed.
    Pnub
    Conn said:

Yeah nice idea pnub.

@zoson

I think bruisers are Great as They are. They stun for two turns (with the special weapon trait) and with the special ability they're Great for missions like S.W.A.T. Dont think They Need much fixing.

Then you realized that you can take one warrior to kill all of those zombies in a single turn instead of stunning them. There's literally no use to having bruisers around in any situation on any map.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    With the coming of burning walkers, melee survivors will become more unusable.. how about give the scout a shadow ability. An ability that will consume 1AP but will make the scout invisible to walkers. Of course he can only move half speed because only 1AP remain. And for bruisers, i like them to have knockback ability that will knockback even the tank walkers.

@zoson
    Goodluck with that on higher level missions.
    Apart from that though, having a bruiser on "guard" is also extremely useful.
    Groupme Info:
    jureforjusticezoson
  • CeszarCeszar Member Posts: 91
    Conn said:

@zoson
    Goodluck with that on higher level missions.
    Apart from that though, having a bruiser on "guard" is also extremely useful.

You are quite right, my friend. Who says that Bruiser is weak it is because it usually does not face great challenges, what a Bruiser does against a walker 3 lvls stronger, Warrior neither does. Bruisers are playmakers, used by strategists, not killers.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Sorry my poor english :|
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
    Connjureforjusticezoson
    @Ceszar
    Music in my ears.
    Groupme Info:
    zosonCeszarWastelandDan
    Good players don't need bruisers to beat high level content. I didn't get 210 stars as a level 27 with bruisers. I did it with interrupt kiting. Interrupt basically makes bruisers useless now. You get more damage output and you can 'stand guard' with ANY class.
    But... you could've gotten more @zoson ! For example, I'm a lvl 25 with 230 stars =D
    zoson
  • CeszarCeszar Member Posts: 91
    Anyone can come here and say that he made 1000 stars using any team combination, but just who really did come with a print.

Bruiser are useless for noobs and pro for strategists.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Sorry my poor english :|
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
    zoson
    edited November 2015
    I don't have a RECENT pic, but I do have a previously taken one of me finishing and gaining 35 stars in last week's "The Laundry" mission =D Say if I did 35 for each mission, It would've been 210 even with just lvl 11 survivors. (That's given that I didn't go do a last run for 38 star each mission minus the deadly, and not including my quests)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'll make sure to take a pic of this week's just to show off =D

But... you could've gotten more @zoson ! For example, I'm a lvl 25 with 230 stars =D

I could have gotten more, but it didn't make sense. I wasn't going to get the 264 reward on sheer waiting time for gas alone. So my gas was better spent on the E10 deadly mission.

Nice to have full confirmation that being level 30 using bruiser tactics is inferior though. I could have made 230+ and bruiser tactics is only good for 220. I was still perfect 3 starring missions, 5 36's and 30 on the deadly.

Also, most of my survivors were level 10. I had one level 11 rare hunter that went on later missions, but my rare shooter and epic hunter are both 10/10 maxed.

Bruisers are a crutch for those that don't know how to play.
    @zoson i Got 236 with a bruiser in my comp, Nothing inferior About that. I however see that argueing with you is hopeless. Since you refuse to respect someone else his opinion. So once again my point: "i think bruisers are great as they are".
    Groupme Info:
    Ceszar
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    May I suggest we do not turn this thread into a fight over Bruisers.
    Everybody has their own playing style, and that's in part what makes this game great.

A few notes from my side:
    - I like the ideas on buffing some of the melee characters
    - Hunters are too strong at the moment compared to Melee
    - I like the idea of introducing ammunition reload
    - I like using Bruisers, in part because I don't like to go into all missions with 3 hunters, too boring
    - I would love if each mission was more tailored to specific characters. At the moment we all go into new missions with our preferred team, no mission briefing that would tell us about certain conditions
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    ConnPnub
  • FuriosoFurioso Member Posts: 3
    Im very sure devs could create mission scenarios one day in which u are f..... without bruisers ;)
    Conn said:

@zoson i Got 236 with a bruiser in my comp, Nothing inferior About that. I however see that argueing with you is hopeless. Since you refuse to respect someone else his opinion. So once again my point: "i think bruisers are great as they are".

It's inferior since you needed to be 8 player levels higher with survivors that are 3 levels higher. I'd be breaking 264 easily with that advantage. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.
    jureforjusticeConn
    Point is, long range survivors are op, even more now since interrupt is a trait now, and the utilization of other survivors are obsolete. Variation is not a question.