If no change to Challenge...

That’s it. If there is no change to Challenge structure, I’m done. I don’t mean new maps. NG, you guys have been teasing us with the UC structure for months now. Either make it real or lose even more players.

I’m done. I won’t do another 5 rounds per RP. I won’t do another week of repeating 19-25 RSL levels 3 times each. I can’t do it, I won’t do it.

You have the fix (for me, at least) in the UC3.
“Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
mikeg149PigPutchucoMurdoqueJackBauerKaLibababooeyTheCrabI_Am_PsychoGovernatoriamedgeZetteJadenabvebigbeanopradiPigBenisJenngjimmydawisexbamfxDBonesmik81BwA_Blitz

Comments

• nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
    @Kaz it's likely you know your plans for this week's challenge now, or you will determine those plans rather shortly.

Please let us know what the challenge plans are for this week as soon as you can.
  • JeemPedJeemPed Member Posts: 155
    This week I used teams I would never use in a challenge. I had Jesus,Gabe and a bruiser. It didn’t fix the grind, but it made those earlier rounds more bearable. Just an idea.
    That being said I didn’t hit a wall either. 3 round passes would be nice.
    Kaz
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    How about some compromise @Kaz

While we don't have the UC how about reducing RPs to 3 or 4 rounds?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    gmoneyhotsauceJenngDBones
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    The round passes are great and detrimental with the implementation of no supplies dropping in mission crates after RSL 23. My level 20 survivors have hit a brick wall for camp advancement as I get no supplies quite quickly, even faster with more round passes.

I'm not saying I love the grind, but, I'll never catch up to level 23 if I can't get supplies because I round pass through most of the levels offering them.

There's a growing gap being implemented from end level players and those getting close.

Just more to think about I suppose. I hate grinding scavenge missions because even on hard they are too easy with very little reward.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,078
    @thisdoesfine

While you hate scavenge it is the best and only real way to level up. Either that or run easy distance with 20 toons you should be able to complete the normal. Decent supplies there.

Personally right around Xmas when they did double supplies I grinded my last ever supply scavenges. I dedicated 30 plus hours that weekend and I went from 20-23 that weekend spending a ton of gold to instant finish buildings.
    For me best thing I could do because now all I think about is pushing for new stars weekly :) only reason to keep playing
    zivaoliviaCronus
    edited February 2018
    @abailey362 said "this is a prime example of why they can't just wave a wand and fix it. there are maxed players and then there are players trying to get there. any change to the system you make adversely affects one of the two groups while benefiting the other."

Sure, you can fix this easily. Let players pick what level of the challenge where they want to start. The player that wants to grind can grind, the player who wants a few challenging rounds and that's it can do it too.

In terms of rewards and the leaderboards, only the individual players' top 30 or 35 rounds count. Pick a number of rounds that push people. Even if you reach the limit of 30 total rounds, there is an incentive to push further because higher rounds will replace lower rounds in your total star count.

It's really not that hard to please everyone.

• abveabve Member Posts: 8
    "soon" .... i guess
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 308
    Can we not ban the use of the word "Soon" from forum? Ultimate challenge is about as good as it gets, implement it. How many tests will it take?
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    > @Drunken said:
    > @thisdoesfine
    >
    > While you hate scavenge it is the best and only real way to level up. Either that or run easy distance with 20 toons you should be able to complete the normal. Decent supplies there.
    >
    > Personally right around Xmas when they did double supplies I grinded my last ever supply scavenges. I dedicated 30 plus hours that weekend and I went from 20-23 that weekend spending a ton of gold to instant finish buildings.
    > For me best thing I could do because now all I think about is pushing for new stars weekly :) only reason to keep playing

I have a couple thousand gold saved, but I doubt that would be enough. I don't want to just buy my way to max level.
  • Kick_assKick_ass Member Posts: 513
    I know we are losing people to this problem. I haven't read up, but is the UC style of the challenges going to change? Can you give us more details on changing and solving this? @Kaz

Thank you
    Maverick’s Core Leader and / OG Co-Leader
    Other Leaders | Pic |
    Tux77 |
    KeepGen |

Stolen from Dlich
    Kaz said:

@TJS this week's challenge will be the same settings as usual, so no extra round passes. Sorry! :cold_sweat:

The challenge data for the last few months has been "analzyed". No new challenge format tests are scheduled for now. NG is no longer giving out any more time estimates on moving away from the current challenge system.

It is increasingly apparent what's going on here: it is likely NG makes more money on a weekly basis with the current challenge grind as is. And they make more money with round passes at 5 passes versus 3 rounds. And they make more with the cool down timer than without it.

It seems that NG is reliant on monetizing the challenge grind as is.

It will be interesting to what happens to the challenge system in the future. Maybe they will try other ideas, but the revenue high water benchmark to beat is the current system. The ultimate challenge just doesn't bring in the same amount of dollars

As long as the overall players' purchasing patterns continue as is, and the player retention remains high enough, it seems that NG is unwilling to permanently change the current challenge system unfortunately.
    MadPuppyCaptainslayerPutchucoant
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 871
    I would encourage everyone to be patient just a little while longer. I’m sure a work is almost completed and will be rolled out soon.
    anthony172bigbeanoGovernatorzeeblack
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,037
    Lets give Next Games a chance by waiting a bit longer. Ultimate challenge appears to be a solution for the time being, but we would be again complaining in a few months.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 871
    @zeeblack there is always room for improvement!
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,037
    xbamfx said:

@zeeblack there is always room for improvement!

Yep you are right. That's why I want everyone to wait a bit longer for a much durable solution.

I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    xbamfx
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    I think with 2.10 coming soon , we all may be pleasantly surprised at the changes with the challenge . As someone who has been one of the most inpatient community members in the past , I would preach a little more patience in this case
    xbamfx