Daily Quests

2»

Comments

• valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    Kaz said:

So far I've seen that you don't like the scavenge and kill walkers with (hero), right?

I love kill walkers with (hero). I use the season missions that allow me to farm. It's kind of fun to see how far you can play those out with each different hero.

Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
    TJS
    I use a similar chart that also notes which missions are quick and which allow farming
    EL34xyz said:

*Worst part for me was Rick’s my weakest shooter and I had to get 25 kills with him. I even sent this to my mates in our chat this morning.

You don't have to use Rick or any of the others in your stable for quest
    Go do the Season missions for one gas each to satisfy those types of quest

Here's a chart showing which missions have which hero's

• ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 319
    i just want missions to cost one less gas so could play a little longer.. so much gas for each mission ><
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @valereee
    Do you share with your playmates? B)
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited February 2018
    Kaz said:

I see your point, guys! But the purpose of the daily quests, other than give you a reason to play every day, is to give some variety to the way you play.

So far I've seen that you don't like the scavenge and kill walkers with (hero), right?

If the daily quests are exactly what you are used to playing on a daily basis, then it would be basically free resources you can collect without making any effort for that. :(

Of course, there's always room for improvement, so I'm here to open the discussion and listen to what you guys have to say.

ps: @dmar310 Language!

Perhaps removing scavenge quests during Challenge could be considered surely. People join guilds and end up having to choose between daily quests and guild contribution. Given the high gas costs of Scavenges that just isn't very fair.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    paintbeastKratosKazJaden

@valereee

lol, happy to but it's handwritten. Let me see what I can do!
    ShadowaceAz
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 180
    Just to pile on, it is the scavenge quests that are in my mind the issue. They just are too much of a gas suck. I don’t mind the other quests as I can use the season missions to complete. Though I am trying to challenge myself and use the hero I never use when raiding or dusting off a bruiser-I do think this is a great thing about the quests.

My other issue is with my alt. Probably because I have not unlocked many hero’s yet, I seem to be stuck in a rut where I get a lot of the same quests (the point of this thread, I believe). And always high numbers. I get the 8 or 12 challenge missions when I am at a level in the challenge where I have a lot of difficulties. I wonder if the algorithm is that if you are below “X”, you have to do 12, between X and Y, you do 8, between Y and Z, then just 4, and above Z, that quest doesn’t come up. Fixed levels work great for maxed players, but not do much for lower level players. @Kaz this is my other concern besides my general dislike of scavenge quests
    Kaz
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Assuming there will be some version of the UC put in, having a scavenge mission daily quest shouldn't be an issue at that point. It's been well documented that boat loads of gas is saved.

We just have to wait and hope.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • dmar310dmar310 Member Posts: 83
    DLH said:

I don’t disagree 100%. I skip Scavenge missions and distance missions during the challenge. But by completing 4 challenge maps you would complete that quest along with a third of the challenge map portion so I don’t mind that.

I didn't count the 4 missions for gas. Just the 12 challenge (12x4=48) and the scavenge (6x6=36). The 4 mission, being less than the scavenge quest or the challenge quest is pointless.

If the 6 were challenge (or scavenge), the 4 were scavenge (or challenge), and the 12 were any mission, that would leave players with some control over which missions are most desired to complete the any mission quest.

It really wouldn't be so bad if the scavenge missions didn't cost so much.

Personally, I don't like the 12 challenge mission per daily quest. I used to enjoy completing as much of the challenge as I could Wednesday through Friday, then spend a relaxing weekend raiding outposts or scavenging. But these multiple daily quests force you to play NG's way, not your way. It sucks. I really don't enjoy the game as much with the new quest setup.

Um, sir, with all due respect, any mission counts as a mission quest in my experience.

Click the Win missions challenge and you’ll see, so 4 of the other 2 auto qualify this one.

I didn't count the any mission quest in the gas. That quest, when it is less than either the challenge or scavenge quest is pointless.

@dmar310

My requirements today:

So if I do my Scavener and Challenge missions, that will account for 11 of the total 12 I need.
    I rarely get the 12 any mission quest. My any mission quest is almost always less than either the scavenge or the challenge quests.

edited February 2018
    JayZ said:

@ShadowaceAz is on point.

For a max player...

4 scavenge missions = 24 gas

6 challenge missions = 24 gas

2 any missions = 2-12 gas

60 gas = 10 hours of accruals. That’s less than half a day. I wake up in the morning with 29 gas, which would get me through half of these missions. Open the game one more time at night and your missions are done.

If you’re a lower level player, missions are even cheaper.

Really not that bad.

My quests (when I have these three at same time) is usually 6 scavenge (6x6=36), 12 challenge (12x4=48), and 4 any mission (no gas, since other missions cover this). I'm looking at 14 hours for gas refills.

That would be fine for someone playing morning and evening, but I can rarely playing the morning or afternoon. Most my play time is during evening hours, and certainly not over a period of 14 hours.

Just to pile on, it is the scavenge quests that are in my mind the issue. They just are too much of a gas suck. I don’t mind the other quests as I can use the season missions to complete. Though I am trying to challenge myself and use the hero I never use when raiding or dusting off a bruiser-I do think this is a great thing about the quests.

My other issue is with my alt. Probably because I have not unlocked many hero’s yet, I seem to be stuck in a rut where I get a lot of the same quests (the point of this thread, I believe). And always high numbers. I get the 8 or 12 challenge missions when I am at a level in the challenge where I have a lot of difficulties. I wonder if the algorithm is that if you are below “X”, you have to do 12, between X and Y, you do 8, between Y and Z, then just 4, and above Z, that quest doesn’t come up. Fixed levels work great for maxed players, but not do much for lower level players. @Kaz this is my other concern besides my general dislike of scavenge quests

I'm a high level and I almost always get the 12 challenge quest. I often get a 6 scavenger quest with it. That sucks up a whole lot of gas.

@valereee

Still a work in progress, but here's what I've got:

TJS
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I started working on something similar - because I had a day off (no Distance) and I was bored. :p

Since I try to minimize the gas spent on finishing the dailies, I try to kill two birds with one stone. It's often something like "kill X walkers with Y" and "win X missions with Z" - so I added a part that gives an overview over the classes in a mission so I can quickly see if that can be achieved (so I can be lazy in the future :# ).

This is what I have come up with so far... Maybe I will add some more when on the free booster - if I have time.

If someone wants to help working on it, let me know. Wouldn't mind that. (If anyone spots a mistake, let me know, too... ;) )

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    valereee
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    My only real issue is that on the first day of as challenge, distance or any other like type event the daily mission quest should involve them. After the first day I'm not mad if you cut challenge missions down and add scavenger missions or on Sunday just have scavenger missions and Sat split distance and challenge missions.
    edited February 2018
    Jaden said:

If someone wants to help working on it, let me know. Wouldn't mind that. (If anyone spots a mistake, let me know, too... ;) )

/>

@Jaden I'd be happy to add my info to yours! Or yours to mine, lol, whichever!
    Jaden
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    edited February 2018
    I worked on it and added info about the spawn(s). There's some stuff I am not 100% sure of (I think I have seen people kill more walkers on Tara beach but I could not get more than what I wrote down) but overall this includes all the things I found important (for myself / what I need).

@valereee

If you want to, you can use my info - or my spreadsheet. If you find mistakes, please let me know. :)

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.