What's the best strategy to win the difficult setting in the distance?

I'm current level 57 with most of my survivors at level 20 (3 one pink stars - warrior/shooter/bruiser) and can only get about half way through the difficult distance. As I slowly level up, any suggestions on what to focus on? A certain class? hero? Have multiple single pink stars or focus all of one class into a single survivor?

My plan has always been to get Abe as high as I can and group him with two hunters, but I'm not so sure that's the best strategy. Thanks in advance for any advice!
anthony172DeadWalkers_ok

Comments

• anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 674
    Well my strategy is try to keep Sasha alive. I dont use a so much Abe in the Distance. With Sasha as leader the body shots I can gain a charge point. I also use this heroes Dwight, Jesus ( if i go with melee team), Merle, Aaron and Rosita, sometimes i use Rick. Using this strategy i can reach level 19 in hard mode with 22 level survivors.
    romeo
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    Sasha with incendiary rifle + high damage shooter (ideally will have piercing and charging trait on weapon) gets me through most maps. I charge all my assaults and bruisers on the low levels so they can stun at the higher levels, and depending on which Distance set it is, I'll charge all/most of my hunters, shooters, and scouts so they can deal massive damage to high level enemies.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    anthony172aquilaromeo
  • TheRealSavageTheRealSavage Member Posts: 64
    All of the above and LLS hunters with incendiary rifles. No charging needed.
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 628
    LOL, Sasha is only at 2 stars for me now... of course :( I'll have to keep an eye out for incendiary rifles, currently have 0 of those
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,832
    I find this channel extremely helpful for the distance: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEwZkwqU-yxA78lW6cfOPQ

You will find hour long videos with strategies for every map, although I think there is only a video for map sets 1-3. It's #4 this week so it won't help you but you can check the video for #1 to use next Tuesday. Overall the main thing you need is Sasha with incendiary rifle, a high damage shooter with destructive/charging, assaults/bruisers for stuns, high damage scouts/shooters/hunters and multiple survivors to sacrifice. One strategy is to take Sasha, shooter and a pawn to sacrifice. Take down as many of the walkers which start on the map and then when things start to get hairy you can flee and sacrifice your pawn, repeat. It takes time to build up what you need for it but the more you build up your roster the further you get and the better rewards you will eventually get. I have only beat distance #3 last week but I consistently get to mission 18-20 for the epic components/fragments.

The channel above is also extremely helpful with videos showing spawn blocks on each challenge :smile:
    romeo
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    > @turbo_234 said:
    > Ask and yee shall receive apparently! The RNG gods were kind this day :smile:

That is the weapon I've been looking for. I had one a while back but eventually had to scrap to make room for one's I would be able to use. I got 1 in rare and was planning on keeping it anyway and scrapped it by accident.

Really need a dang it or O crapity, crap, crap botton for those moments!
    Perfect hunter weapon!!!