Anyone else having shutdown issues on Android?

Mine is closing alone and reconnecting more often in the outpost.
device: Galaxy S8 plus and galaxy note 8
@Kaz

Comments

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    No problems on my Galaxy Note tablet
    So far, challenge is playing smooth
    KillersZ
  • KillersZKillersZ Member Posts: 109
    The problem continues despite having already reinstalled the APP and so far no support response.
    @Shteevie @Kaz

Teanut
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Hey KillersZ!

After reinstalling, it's exactly the same or is it reconnecting and closing in the outpost?

If the game is trying to reconnect, could be maybe related to connection and not performance. Are you playing in a stable Wi-Fi connection? Does it help if you change to 3g/4g?

Let me know!
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @KillersZ

I already posted my experience in one of the other forums...
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/300941/#Comment_300941

So many duplicate forums confuse what tiny brain cells I have left. Haha
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• JohnnyHJohnnyH Member Posts: 1
    Ty, have the same problem but solved it easily.
    I spin slots but my favorite games are The Witcher 3 & Skyrim.
    Teanut
    JohnnyH said:

Share?
    Concordia

Teanut
    Kaz said:

Hey KillersZ!

After reinstalling, it's exactly the same or is it reconnecting and closing in the outpost?

If the game is trying to reconnect, could be maybe related to connection and not performance. Are you playing in a stable Wi-Fi connection? Does it help if you change to 3g/4g?

Let me know!

It continues the same thing, both on wifi and on 3g / 4g. This happens in any part of the game :/

@KillersZ

I already posted my experience in one of the other forums...
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/300941/#Comment_300941

So many duplicate forums confuse what tiny brain cells I have left. Haha

It's just like in your video. However, I can play for a few moments until closing again. This never happened to me before 2.10 :s:'(:|:/

JohnnyH said:

Please share how you managed to solve it.

Teanut
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I am having shutdown issues and black screen issues on my old-ish Samsung Galaxy tablet. No more than I noticed after the 2.9 update, but none of it seems to have improved with 2.10. I was really hoping for some fixes based on the messages I got from support and on this forum a while back. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.Force-quitting, clearing cache and restarting will be my only options for the foreseeable future it seems.
    KillersZ
    I’m going to try a complete unit reset. I’ll let ya know my results...
    (kneels down quietly and tries to think of a patron saint of electronic devices)

Nope! I got nothing...

Wait, I hear something.. a whisper? The wind? What do the eyes of this blind man see?

Not to make it a religious discussion, so this is behind a spoiler tag!
    Seriously, if you go further, it’s not my fault!
    St. Isidore of Seville, the patron saint of the internet and technology! Although there weren’t too many computers in the time of St. Isidore (the 600s), his vast encyclopedia of knowledge, known as the Etymologiae, has a “structure similar to that of a database.” Accordingly, in 1997, Pope John Paul II gave St. Isidore the distinction to help guide Catholics in their internet and computer use.

Ok, you were warned, so no yelling about “He started a religion topic!” but now I know a place to start!

Results to follow soon!
    Concordia

KillersZ
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    For me it is reconmecting after viewing ads. Not everytime, just once in a while. It is one of 2 minor noticeable bugs that I come across regularly.

The other is occasional delayed movement of survivor.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    KillersZ
    Final report...
    Verizon Ellipsis 8. Factory reset, connected my account on google.
    Downloaded NG TDW only
    Installs
    Opens
    Gets through loading and when it would normally either switch to camp or show Terminus trailer it resets back to Android.

Absolute NoGo. I repeat Ghost Rider, you do NOT have the ball!

Sorry tower, didn’t hear you coming around for another pass.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Basically the game is playing Gandalf! None shall pass! for me on the device. I guess that’s why we can’t expect old devices to always be an answer.
    Concordia

Teanut
  • TeanutTeanut Member Posts: 53
    I updated, I uninstalled, I reinstalled, I cleared the cache, I restarted, I tried the 3 finger trick. I have done all of these tricks multiple times. My Android device is updated, game played up until the update but now will not load at all or will freeze at the camp. Completely unplayable since the update.
    KillersZ
  • TeanutTeanut Member Posts: 53
    > @Teanut said:
    > I updated, I uninstalled, I reinstalled, I cleared the cache, I restarted, I tried the 3 finger trick. I have done all of these tricks multiple times. My Android device is updated, game played up until the update but now will not load at all or will freeze at the camp. Completely unplayable since the update.
    >
    >

I should add that I have always played on a very reliable Wi-Fi connection and all of my other app and phone functions work perfectly.