Hunter vs Shooter

2»

Comments

• DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 618
    Looking at what I'd do for badges on my shooter it's pretty straight forward except for one spot... its either a 520 flat crit damage badge or a 10% crit damage that would also get the set bonus. How do you determine critical damage?
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,354
    Definitely go with the % option, especially if it matches the set. I don't know the exact math, but if you go with a % badge, that buff will increase as you level up and/or promote to a higher rarity, as the % is based on your damage value. A flat rate badge will give you the same increase no matter what.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,214
    Oh @MadPuppy !!!! I too dig bubbles, bitey crocodile and Nintendo controller....... high five to you!
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 618

Definitely go with the % option, especially if it matches the set. I don't know the exact math, but if you go with a % badge, that buff will increase as you level up and/or promote to a higher rarity, as the % is based on your damage value. A flat rate badge will give you the same increase no matter what.

ok, it just feels strange using an uncommon badge instead of an epic :wink: still, once I respec, I've 25% damage and 35% crit damage before set bonuses which I'd get on all 6
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    > @TJS said:
    > Piecing is definitely a great trait.
    > Don't get me wrong.
    > I just prefer lethal. Critical hits can be achieved with badges too.

But not after 5 lvl's above....pink stars and piercing are the only thing that reduces bodyshots from automatically 100% badges don't help just gear.

I do agree with you for all enemies under 5 lvl's above you.

I like to have different traits for different missions...
    TJS
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    If using Sasha in lead body shots aren't so much of problem. I agree, different maps, different playing styles, no one weapon is suitable in every situation.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    > @turbo_234 said:
    > so would you say crit damage or crit chance badges are better for shooters?

Both are good for shooters with the only thing is once a enemy is 5 lvl's above you the critical chance badge is useless except for pick stars and or piercing gear.

You can always balance it by 1 each.