PSA: Restart your game before starting the Distance!!!

If you don’t restart your game, you’ll have the crappy normal rewards. Restart the game for Carol tokens and rewards similar to last Saturday’s Distance!
Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
David_H79bladgierrustynailGovernatorMystiqueTJSMattOfEarth

Comments

• rustynailrustynail Member Posts: 145
    Just a heads up for those expecting Carol tokens like I was.
    Smooth but strong and on the rocks.
    So when i clicked Distance in easy mode it was Maggie and Daryl tokens. After reading post in Distance rewards thread i went back to Distance mission and tokens had changed to Carol and Merle. What’s with that???
    Never had a game perform like this.
    It would be nice if game actually worked consistently. Wasted morning.
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    i started at 13 without restarting...
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    rustynail said:

So when i clicked Distance in easy mode it was Maggie and Daryl tokens. After reading post in Distance rewards thread i went back to Distance mission and tokens had changed to Carol and Merle. What’s with that???

Never had a game perform like this.

How come you have an easy distance mode!!! Why don't I have an easy distance mode???!!?!

I only have normal and hard!!

What camp level are you? Maybe easy distance is only available to lower camp levels? Do you have lvl 15 survivors?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    GovernatorJadenTatdJdm
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,832
    D'oh! Got to mission 8 before logging off and noticing this. Been screwed out of 2 epic fragments and 10 epic components :lol:
  • keplerkepler Member Posts: 14
    Dammit. I was at level 11 before seeing this PSA. Sounds like I got screwed out of some epic fragments and components and whatever hero tokens that were supposed to be there.
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Thanks, @JayZ!

And sorry, again, for the situation!

SO, if you got the wrong rewards, please, contact support so we can give you the correct ones.
    GovernatorTJSxbamfx
    Mabiki said:

It's too bad they didn't mention something about that in their announcement except for in the paragraph where it specifically says to do that.

Sometimes I find your posts hilarious... Today is one of those days!!

Sarcasm may be lost to some, but when Mabiki sarcasms it's to the point.

Mabikixbamfx
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,665
    Tell me about technology not working as intended when SkyNet becomes self-aware. :sunglasses:
    JadenMacVDukeIronyDBones
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I realize it's pretty much impossible to include this info in The Distance or Challenge in game news of the event as the news comes as event starts.

As a suggestion...

How about,
    12 - 24hrs before an event that will require a reboot for rewards to be correct, a in game news announced reminding players to reboot before the distance or challenge or event begins.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Governatoranderfm12CzarnyJo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,832
    Thanks to @Kaz for encouraging me to contact support and for their speedy response :smiley:
    KazTJS
    edited February 2018
    > @Mabiki said:
    > It's too bad they didn't mention something about that in their announcement except for in the paragraph where it specifically says to do that.

That was edited in after the complaints and there was nothing in the distance news regarding this.

To add, even if it is in the news announcement, you won't receive the announcement until you've rebooted.

They need to make a reminder announcement some hours before like I've mentioned above.

*edited to add pics.
    (1) Original Carol event announcement
    (2) Original & current The Distance announcement.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    1Risrustynail
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    This is a problem every single event. Why people don't know this by now is mind boggling.
    It would seem though, the easiest solution would be a forced restart on NG's end with a 5 minute warning in-game before each event. Five minutes would be plenty of time for people to finish whatever they were doing before they get auto booted.
    JadenMystiquegold2154
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    yes, everything in the game that starts at a specific time needs a reboot. i make it a habit to reboot the game every day at 13:00 UTC (7AM Central time) to make sure everything is updated. this is when bundles change, game modes start, announcements come out, etc.

abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

gold2154
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 178
    I put in an en game ticket this carol thing is annoying to me already spent 650 phones this week to be 128 tokens left to make her elite. How many Carol tokens should I have recieved on normal, hoping I get support to get me the proper rewards.
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    Should be 50 tokens from Normal Mode if you completed it! @RoadRash
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 178
    Thanks Mystique, so Im hoping they give me the make up tokens from my ticket. I need 122 total tokens from now till monday if I get that 50 and 50 saturday just need 22 more tokens which I can get on daily quests or shopt.

Mystique
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    TJS said:

> @Mabiki said:

> It's too bad they didn't mention something about that in their announcement except for in the paragraph where it specifically says to do that.

That was edited in after the complaints and there was nothing in the distance news regarding this.

It was in the announcements before the event started.
    David posted this at 2:31 am Central Standard Time (US)

David_H79TJSDLich
    edited February 2018
    Thank you @Mabiki

Nevertheless, the distance had no such announcement. I don't normally need to reboot to get the correct The Distance Rewards and I didn't need to reboot last Saturday so I didn't expect today to be different.

I agree many of us should know to reboot before most events but I would think the majority don't.

Edited for :smile: 's
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    rustynail
    @Mabiki you have 7 super bowl Vince Lombardi trophy’s on your phone. You the true mvp!!

TJS
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @TJS
    I'm sure it sucks for anyone who misses out on rewards because they didn't reboot; and I appreciate your PSA thread on the forums, as I'm sure many do.

I'm just not sure what more we should expect NG to do about it other than making an in-game announcement, which they did.

@DLich

Please, no trophies. I'm not worthy. I don''t even have a speech prepared.
    [Pulls speech from breast pocket]
    I'd like to thank my Mom and Dad, for making me into an irredeemable smart ass. I'd like to thank NG for providing these wonderful forums, and for all you rascally posters for keeping it so lively. But most of all, I'd like to thank the one person I couldn't have done it without - Myself.
    TJSDLich
    NG could actually fix this glitch. That would be a nice touch.
    rustynail said:

NG could actually fix this glitch. That would be a nice touch.

The only “glitch” was the event displayed the incorrect tokens. Not to say that’s not annoying but I’d rather something that requires a reboot to initiate.

Example. 1 minute gas or the herd. Ever notice at 8am est Monday morning when the event should be over but it’s still “going on” until you reboot?

Yeah. For that reason alone I’d rather keep it as it is and just remember to reset on Tuesday if I’m playing before distance goes live (that’s my understanding. This issue affected those who were playing or “logged in” prior to the official start of the distance)

Just remember. Weekend events last beyond when they should as long as your logged in and don’t log out. Once you log out then it’s officially “done”. Btw this isn’t a hack or anything. As long as you’re connected to the game it just stays. That goes for any and all weekend events btw.

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    How do people leave the game open that long anyways? Mine times out, so I always have a fresh start when I come to play...
    Scratching head sounds....
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Carl_s_Hat
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    Forcing the game to reload this live data would have tons of people feel they went through a disconnect experience.
    DLich
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > Forcing the game to reload this live data would have tons of people feel they went through a disconnect experience.

Which is why I suggested an in game warning!
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829