Is NG losing steam

For those expecting a full episode of drunks poo you came to the wrong thread.

Tonight we will discuss how NG stock has dropped 9% in last 30. Their financial report and what it details

It appears I am unable to upload pics but a simple google search of Next Games stock and you can click on their 30 day outlook. You will see since the last council upgrade their stock has been decreasing. This explains why we are really getting a new council upgrade. Numbers do not lie they show the truth.

Now we have their financial reports https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2018-01-30/next-games-oyj-next-games-corp-financial-statements-bulletin-and-annual-report-2017-focus-on-building-future-portfolio-4-new

You can read the comments from the CEO but I would like to highlight this portion

The Walking Dead: No Man's Land has been our only product generating
significant revenue in 2017, and it has sustained itself and the team
developing it during the year. The Walking Dead: No Man's Land will continue
to generate revenue, but currently Next Games prioritizes new games over this
product when allocating the company resources in between projects. At the end
of 2017 approximately 24% of our staff was working on The Walking Dead: No
Man's Land (approx. 64% in 2016), the rest of the company was working on the
four new projects, except for approximately 7% of staff in general
administration

They have lost 40% of their supporting staff for NML this explains why we haven’t gotten the bug fixes we have requested. They are shifting away from this game it’s obvious. But as their stock continues to fall they are shifting for the bump to ensure they can continue to attempt to grow. Another interesting part is AMC and NG are in together for Our World.

We have been assured that this game is still full steam and still has the support needed but if I cut each one of your income or support systems by 40% could you sustain your current life? Answer is no you would need changes. In this case the changes aren’t for the best.

Additionally I believe part of the last month drop in stock also comes on the heel of the new bundles and their inability to cut the grind. They are losing their end gamers and their end gamers are the ones that are spending the money. Now in a ditch effort they are shifting focus to newer players in hopes they will buy these newer bundles and sustain the company. This is why we are getting things like carol with free kingdom spear. It’s for new players so they will eventually become the new end gamer who is used to the new bundle price and start buying replacing those that have been lost.

Time will tell where NG goes as a company but after massive increase to revenue we shouldn’t be stock dropping like this. History in gaming companies shows that when a company loses their flagship they begin a missive downfall as the flagship is what supports the new games.

@kaz @Shteevie where do you two see this game going? How do you read the public knowledge? How is the game suppose to succeed when stock is dropping and support has been cut 40%? Does NG have to submit quarter reports?

Also all this is public knowledge done on a quick google search this isn’t an angry session on drunks poo but rather an in-depth look at the company.
ZetteKaLiTroublemakerThe_OvercomerTatdJdmMischamik81R2runfastbigbeano

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Sorry for typos and grammar this was typed on phone while going back and forth between google and their report.
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,355
    @Governator you know it ain’t gonna happen.
    GovernatorJadenbigbeanoflyingcowking
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,459
    Well, this surprise Council update was nefarious. We have been lied to. All I can say.
    The_Overcomer
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,600
    Everyone complaining of the council update... well looking at past patterns it was obvious that one will be coming around this time.

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    xbamfxromeobigbeano
  • youngbesyzyoungbesyz Member Posts: 60
    Who's complaining about the Council upgrade? I already knew the council upgrade was coming with the last game update, it was about time for that, though NG stated it was not coming.
    Conclusion: they are liars, you are a buttlicker.
    Peace!
    xbamfxCaptainslayerbigbeano
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    I see where much of the speculation in the OP comes from, but it is, at the end of the day, just speculation. The market shifts based on earnings reports and changes to projected results, and how well we meet or exceed the previous expectations.

The market doesn't care what the price of a bundle is, when a council level update comes, or whether there is a weekend event. This would be akin to suggesting that the market might care about what color the new shoes are, or whether the McRib returns, and that they would make stock purchases or sales based on these announcements. I guarantee you that investment companies don't have the time for that.

Aside from these, there are any number of reasons why markets change. There have been shifts in other game company stocks on the same stock exchange, and it's quite likely that anyone who sees undesirable returns on one company would be hesitant on expectations for other companies in the same industry and in the same market. We had the IPO about a year ago, and many stock trading agreements use a set duration for holding and shifting stocks. Sales reports for phones have been released in the last 30 days that might suggest changes in opportunities for companies that make phone software. Apple's changes to app requirements are now being seen in games, who are certainly seeing players react to them in ways that were unknown a month ago.

The CL update has about as much bearing on any of this as the contents of your refrigerator.

As for shop offers in the game, I might remind you that players of all levels have a use for new weapons and armor, not just those at the max council level. Also, we sell a wide variety of items in the shop in different combinations. In the last 2 months, the majority of shop focus was on phones and gold, as they support the more frequent promotions we have had on radio call and components events. We also changed the way that bundles were advertised in the game to give more spotlight time to bundles that did not contain weapons and armor, so as to reduce the emphasis on those items.

We won't stop selling weapons and armor, but we will change the focus of shop selections from time to time. Equipment bundles are an important, but not the most important, part of our revenue stream. Healthy games need lots of ways to offer things to players, and that's our overall goal. Players are free to make the purchases that they feel benefit them the most at any given time. If players are happier to play lots of missions and find their weapons that way, this is fine for us as well, and always has been.

If anyone has a bug where the weapon they purchased stops dealing damage, please forward it to support That is something we haven't seen before, and we would drop just about everything to get the fix in ASAP.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    suzequeueflyingcowking
    @Shteevie market trends? So you mean that a 1 year look where NG stock has dropped for a year straight? While I know the company hasn’t been out that long it has done nothing but dropped, except when a council upgrade is done. Then i would assume sales sky rocket, and therefore stock goes back up.

You are right market doesn’t care about bundles but market does care about sales and players. Idk where current sales for this quarter are but your player #s have dropped. You can deny if you want but it’s in the report

I notice that you neglect to mention the key paragraph which is NML losing 40% of its support.

And thank you for the answer regarding the bundles bought your response answers the question many of already knew the answer to. We will see what happens at end of much with the first first quarter but right now it looks grim
    Jade333
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    @Shteevie, if NG does need to diversify, can I suggest "Words with Michonne?" I have this idea for a game like Bookworm Adventures, except you kill walkers and spell the words out with their limbs.
    ShteevieRealClareBJenngJaden
    > @Pain_Walker said:
    > Everyone complaining of the council update... well looking at past patterns it was obvious that one will be coming around this time.

Which this has nothing to do with my post, in fact my post points to the downward trend their stock is in. This happened last year as well in July then they released a council upgrade and stock jumped way up.
    We've already covered the conjecture that the game will stop seeing updates, or that there is some planned end to the game; those issues were asked and answered in other threads. Nothing that has happened in the last week has changed any of that.

I'm not suggesting or denying anything with my statements; you can choose to creatively rephrase my statements, but I stand by what I actually said.

To refresh your memory, Council 21 came in early June, and Council 22 in October. So whatever change you saw to stock prices in July might have had more to do with the Distance and Badges that were released in the summer, but more likely, it was the early rumors and later announcement about Our World that made the splash. Please don't distort facts to try and prove a point.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    suzequeueromeoPain Walker
    To refresh your memory your stock was at a 52 week low Jun 30th and had been on a downward trend. So you have attempted to distort my comments to make me look wrong, but you haven’t been able to do that. Everything I claim still holds true each council upgrade is on the heals of a stock dropping for extended period.

You have have laid claims game is still fully supported if you want I can search later for it but support has dropped 40% that’s not fully that’s actually quite a bit. And it’s relfected in bugs and issues players have complained about for a while.

You are quite good at dodging and then retossing your words back onto the consumer which would be I’ve noticed that in the past with you
    Honestly a lot of how you respond to YOUR consumer is what’s wrong with game. You are always very condescending and always appear to talk down to the players. Idk if you believe NG will be around forever because of Walking Dead or not, but the players are the sole reason your company has a business and you have a job.
    Boukephalossuzequeue
    As of Jun 30, the IPO was less than 3 months old. A "52-week low" did not exist for a 12-week old data set. You seem to be predetermined on a position that you are looking for arguments to support, rather than examining the overall situation.

We completely agree that the players are why any of us are here right now. Those players that enjoy the game every day, and occasionally bring friends in to play with them, support us with purchases, or make friends in guilds are all extremely valuable to us as people, and not just wallets to try and drain. We have studied and evaluated lots of possible features, only to eliminate them from the project because they didn't offer enough value to the player. If we were only in this to skin players for cash, we could have taken a lot of more predatory angles.

Instead, we still make the best rewards in the game, all of the heroes, and the top levels of gameplay available for free. We change our progression mechanics based on feedback from players, even when it costs us money to do so. It's more important to us to keep the players we have and invite new players to play than it is to hit them over the head with sales buttons at every possible turn.

It's our goal to give better than we are expected to. That comes through in the effort we put into the game, how we talk to and engage players, and how I personally react to spurious accusations. My players, and my colleagues, deserve better than that.
    KillersZPain Walkersuzequeue
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,192

Drunken said:

Honestly a lot of how you respond to YOUR consumer is what’s wrong with game. You are always very condescending and always appear to talk down to the players.

Whereas your posts are always aggressive and argumentative. If you hate the game/NG so much, just stop playing the game.

And many players are quitting without saying a word... I guess that is OK. :(
    Murdoque

Drunken said:

Honestly a lot of how you respond to YOUR consumer is what’s wrong with game. You are always very condescending and always appear to talk down to the players.

Whereas your posts are always aggressive and argumentative. If you hate the game/NG so much, just stop playing the game.

That is more than likely in the works. But nothing in this post is aggressive other than the comments to me.
    Shut_Up
    edited March 2018
    @Shteevie

I will give you your first paragraph. But isn't a little ironic that your stock increase at times of council upgrade and then slowly drops down till the next one? That would be great reason for concern.

"We completely agree that the players are why any of us are here right now. Those players that enjoy the game every day, and occasionally bring friends in to play with them, support us with purchases, or make friends in guilds are all extremely valuable to us as people, and not just wallets to try and drain. We have studied and evaluated lots of possible features, only to eliminate them from the project because they didn't offer enough value to the player. If we were only in this to skin players for cash, we could have taken a lot of more predatory angles. "

I login I play everyday. I have brought friends who spend in game. I support my fair share with what I would deem high purchases. I have made friends in guilds and on forums. In fact I will cover that shortly. Your responses to customers and players make the rest of this paragraph seem opposite of what you say. I get often times as a computer or IT person you don't see people but rather symbols. I am not sure what your actual job is but hopefully its not customer relations..

The next paragraph you hit us over the head several times with the winter weapons and then the promise of no council upgrade coming in 2.10 and now we have that council upgrade. So everything in your 3rd paragraph is far from the truth.

"how we talk to and engage players, and how I personally react to spurious accusations. My players, and my colleagues, deserve better than that."

well I sent that in PM because now we just get real.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited March 2018
    Interesting.

I agree with the part about we deserve better than that if that includes players as well.
    Drunken
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 180
    Funny thing ng said they had an issue with the the ultimate challenge said it alienates lower level players now wth this council upgrade and promises of no upgrade and people buying bundles based on that feels like alienation
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 270
    Interesting conversation here. I will point out that a conversation about the movement of an individual stock in a time period without comparing it to the general performance of stocks in the same sector, or the overall performance of the market is incomplete at best.

In terms of announcing council updates 30 days in advance, I doubt that NG would be willing to forfeit any decrease in sales associated with this type of announcement. Bundle sales including equipment are an important part of NG's revenue at the present time. Council updates can happen at any time, so the best advice for the consumer is "let the buyer beware" with any purchases.

NG is around to maximize shareholder wealth, just like any company. They could take even "more predatory angles" (LOL) to try to increase sales, but the primary reason they don't do that is run the risk of losing more players in doing so. In the long run, that decreases NG revenue even more than any short term gains. I am sure there are regular conversations at NG on the balance between maximizing revenue and keeping player retention at the highest levels possible.

You may not like what Shteevie says, but at least give him credit for showing up here and taking the heat. Without his participation here, players would be further in the dark about this game. My personal opinion is that NG would be a better company if more of their employees, including executives, would be more interactive with their customer base.
    suzequeue
    I didn't anticipate that kind of response, @nadecir. Thank you for the benefit of the doubt.

I do want to improve the weapon-buying experience. I have had items on the development wishlist for a long time about this. I hope that this set of events pushes them up the priority list. I think that if we made some kind of gameplay-based process that allowed people to put a lot of effort into improving their weapons, or use up drops that they didn't like, and the end result was a weapon or armor with 1 more level upgrade available than before, people would like it. But it might also negatively impact the way people use the weapons they have, and how much they play in order to get new ones. It's a huge risk, and one that no one can completely accurately see the outcome of.

I hope that Drunken and I can look back at this exchange and laugh someday. I don't think I have ever claimed that we or the game are perfect, and times like this show us exactly how and why we need to improve.
    suzequeue
    I will keep my comments regarding your most recent post to a PM.

I am well aware of how a business works and that the sole responsibility of a company is to their shareholders, but without their contract with AMC and the players NG wouldn't exist.

Shut_Upbigbeano
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 270
    @Shteevie Productive discussions which end up with better ideas that work for a company and their customers are better than just outright bitch sessions. I am as tough as anyone here on you guys at time, but hopefully you take something from my contributions here.

I can appreciate your comment about risk of extending the usefulness of weapons beyond the current system.

I am a believer that NG needs to get more creative with in-app offers. Maybe offering equipment bundles that maintain their maximum level for a set time period would work for both players and NG. For example, a player could buy a weapon or armor that is upgradeable one level beyond its current max, but in turn the equipment goes away from the player's inventory completely in three or six months.

This would give players more certainly in the perceived usefulness of an equipment purchase for a given period of time, and this also gives NG its desired ability to resell optimal weapons more than once to the same player.

I understand this requires development resources to implement, but in my opinion the ROI from the investment would be significant. It's worth discussing at the very least.
    Drunken
    @nadecir

The OP wasn't in regards to bundles as much as a more in-depth look...

We can go back and forth on the bundles and how they operate all day long. NG knows what they have changed compared to the past. You are spot on regarding gear being more useful by allowing a 1 time upgrade....

NG if plausible could even do a 1 time upgrade for gear purchased for X amount. So I have several bought pieces of gear. I would pay X amount to have them increased to new max level.... IDK if they could write a code easily to do that or if they would have to do it on a 1:1 basis.

The most recent complaints about the gear in shop was players bought them with the belief they would be max level for more than I month(notice I didn't say useful because I know how that will get twisted on me)

I have messaged @Shteevie directly to be more direct in terms of communication. It is up to him if we can actually work out our differences or not. I mention this because it seems you and a couple others feel all I do is bitch or complain, reality is I am trying to find a middle ground...

Some players I know fear the forums. They fear being banned or they don't speak up like I do. I know what most of my Poo Threads are I am well aware of it. I have received messages on how to make them more impactful vs make them more funny. I am aware of how I am perceived on this board by some. Most of my responses are back door seriousness with a twist of humor. Most of my responses on them are LOL, then followed in group messages with good point. I like to laugh I am a joker at heart. Laughing keeps us a live and young....

TJSbigbeano