2.10 Balance changes discussion thread

Comments

• The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    edited March 2018
    @sbf Soo well said mate. Read my reply to Shteevie, I'm on the same page as you.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,861
    edited March 2018

Pro Tip : don't scrap epic or legendary equipment without the 2x booster!!

yes, thanks, I know that
    I do that quite often if I am ready to scrap gear

BttlOpener
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 174
    edited March 2018
    @Shteevie NG really has to do something more for us max players who bought weapons based on NG’s communication that there wouldn’t be a council upgrade. I don’t blame @Kaz. But this company has to know this is bordering on fraud. And telling us we will really like what is coming is not good enough. I am seriously thinking about contacting an attorney that does class action lawsuits. Think this could definitely be a starter.

Edit: Can someone send me a screenshot of the message where we were told there would be no council upgrade?
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 833
    Shteevie said:

In my post above, I attempted to take responsibility for the events that happened, and to state clearly that it was our responsibility to give clear communication. As a team, we failed at that, and I am far more to blame than Kaz. If that wasn't clear above, I say it again here.

The roadmap as it pertains to Council Level Upgrades and Equipment is to follow the pattern we have before, improve the experience down the road, and continue to give players a reason to want new weapons and other rewards. This is the same path we started down 2 years ago, and that we have held to for as long as I have been with the company. This is why we now have TG Tuesdays, why we dropped green gear from high-level crates, why we added Badges to survivors and not to weapons and armor, offer weapons and armor in the Distance, and other decisions related to the ways players collect and use weapons.

In the short term, including the last month and a half or so, the effort has gone into improving communications with the forums and players, and in some cases, we have been successful at that. Good communication is never 'finished', though, so we'll keep at it, and keep collecting and responding to your comments for us.

I would encourage you to continue on your path of improved communications with the forum, as well as, players in game. I believe the real rub is the whole miscommunication, ie: council upgrade. Humans, by nature, are inclined to conspiracy theories. And like I stated above, the way the information was delivered to the forum members does hint to collusion (not in the illegal sense).
    Shteevie
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @The_Overcomer

You mentioned in one of your recent posts that you bought the winter weapons at full price.

But they were offered at a lower price than they were when first released.

Yes?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    And furthermore, here is what should have happened. When NG realized that @Kaz had communicated that there would not be a council upgrade with the next update (as again, I think @Kaz was not instructed to intentionally lie-hopefully NG is not that stupid), NG should have immediately corrected the miscommunication and offered and worked with our providers/Apple to get us refunds. In fact, I think @Shteevie and NG is smart, they will be meeting with accountants and attorneys right now to do this. The difference is if you did it weeks ago instead of now, you would have less financial impact to the bottom line and a less angry mob after you.

I use to be an attorney. I did not practice in the area of torts. It has been 30 years since I was in law school. But my legal brain really thinks we have a case here. I may no longer practice law, but NG you are on notice to maintain all internal communications for the past two years, including all emails and voicemails.
    TJS said:

@The_Overcomer

You mentioned in one of your recent posts that you bought the winter weapons at full price.

But they were offered at a lower price than they were when first released.

Yes?

I bought 3 of them first round at the normal price1 x Assualt, 1 x Hunter Rifle, 1 x Ice Pick, then I then bought 2 x flare guns when they re appeard for over $18 AUD after we were told no CL upgrade and I don't see much of a difference from the prices I saw at Christmas. The price is not the point, the point was that I would not have bought them if I had been informed correctly that there was a council upgrade coming. As I would have bought TG Shop weapons instead.
    zivaoliviaTheCrabJaden
    @The_Overcomer

I get your point 100%

I was merely puzzled when you said at normal price 'cause I noticed they were definitely cheaper the second time round.

So it's really the two flare guns you wouldn't have bought if you'd known there was a council upgrade.

But you bought three weapons at full price when you didn't know.

I get it now.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    >
    > I bought 3 of them first round at the normal price1 x Assualt, 1 x Hunter Rifle, 1 x Ice Pick, then I then bought 2 x flare guns when they re appeard for over $18 AUD after we were told no CL upgrade and I don't see much of a difference from the prices I saw at Christmas. The price is not the point, the point was that I would not have bought them if I had been informed correctly that there was a council upgrade coming. As I would have bought TG Shop weapons instead.

EXACTLY. I did not buy the winter weapons the first time they were released. I only bought them after the announcement was made that there would not be a council upgrade. NG can say all they want that they made them cheaper or didn’t advertise, but that had nothing to do with my decision to buy them. I only purchased them because NG said there would not be a council upgrade with the next update. I relied on their misinformation
    The_OvercomerStardomx
    > @Shteevie said:
    > In my post above, I attempted to take responsibility for the events that happened, and to state clearly that it was our responsibility to give clear communication. As a team, we failed at that, and I am far more to blame than Kaz. If that wasn't clear above, I say it again here.
    >
    > The roadmap as it pertains to Council Level Upgrades and Equipment is to follow the pattern we have before, improve the experience down the road, and continue to give players a reason to want new weapons and other rewards. This is the same path we started down 2 years ago, and that we have held to for as long as I have been with the company. This is why we now have TG Tuesdays, why we dropped green gear from high-level crates, why we added Badges to survivors and not to weapons and armor, offer weapons and armor in the Distance, and other decisions related to the ways players collect and use weapons.
    >
    > In the short term, including the last month and a half or so, the effort has gone into improving communications with the forums and players, and in some cases, we have been successful at that. Good communication is never 'finished', though, so we'll keep at it, and keep collecting and responding to your comments for us.

@Shteevie, yes you have done a much better job of communicating in the game and on the forum. It has been a breath of fresh air to have @Kaz here. But all goodwill NG has been regaining is now gone. You can just say here we should have done an even better job and we will do better in the future. We relied on your information. You must do something more than “we are sorry” and “more cool stuff is coming”. And making improvements to the game in response to feedback (gold crate gear) a method of compensating those who relied on your communication and spent money. That is a change that should have been made months ago. You keep saying “look, here is how we are making this right” but it is smoke and mirrors.
    > @TJS said:
    > @The_Overcomer
    >
    > I get your point 100%
    >
    > I was merely puzzled when you said at normal price 'cause I noticed they were definitely cheaper the second time round.
    >
    > So it's really the two flare guns you wouldn't have bought if you'd known there was a council upgrade.
    >
    > But you bought three weapons at full price when you didn't know.
    >
    > I get it now.

Hi TJS, what was meant there is I would not have bought any of the winter weapons. So not the 5 I did. Hope that helps.
  • SamstownSamstown Member Posts: 53
    Can you at least have the upgrade at a huge discount? That would be fair to your community I believe. What would it hurt? You guys not communicating with each other is a problem for you to deal with in house. Click a button and offer the upgrade for free. It’s reall a matter of how much you value your customer (fan base)!!
    Stardomx
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,078
    @Shteevie you attempt to blast me yet you spit on your customers once again. This is another case of what I said to you being true
    edited March 2018
    @zivaolivia Remember alot of players bought 24 hour gas (I did) because if the phone event back last year. Then it ended earlier than NG informed us. Simply they said sorry for that even though it was their fault for in game news mis informing us. No compensation to those who lost gas because of it and lost getting the phones, not even oh here sorry here's 10 or 20 phones to compensate. Same Storey, Different Day.
    zivaoliviaStardomxDBonesxbamfx
    edited March 2018
    @Shteevie OK, please, if there is something great and amazing coming. Probably now would be a good time to share considering what's happened. I don't know why you and NG are so secretive about the road map unless there isn't one.

Share with us. OK, plans change, we're understanding enough and smart enough to handle things change with development work. Just communicate with us. I'd love to know the big surprise or some hints on what may be coming that spawned this move. Get people excited about what's in the works. Give them motivation to want to upgrade their survivors etc, something to work for, cause atm all we have is Challange and Distance, rinse and repeat as our future.

P. S The new Challange night map is amazing by the way.
  • BerndErwinBerndErwin Member Posts: 68
    > @zivaolivia said:
    >
    > >
    > > I bought 3 of them first round at the normal price1 x Assualt, 1 x Hunter Rifle, 1 x Ice Pick, then I then bought 2 x flare guns when they re appeard for over $18 AUD after we were told no CL upgrade and I don't see much of a difference from the prices I saw at Christmas. The price is not the point, the point was that I would not have bought them if I had been informed correctly that there was a council upgrade coming. As I would have bought TG Shop weapons instead.
    >
    >
    > EXACTLY. I did not buy the winter weapons the first time they were released. I only bought them after the announcement was made that there would not be a council upgrade. NG can say all they want that they made them cheaper or didn’t advertise, but that had nothing to do with my decision to buy them. I only purchased them because NG said there would not be a council upgrade with the next update. I relied on their misinformation
    >

In my opinion this would a purchase contract invalid according to most countries civil law
    The_Overcomer
    edited March 2018
    Don't misunderstand me. I can fully appreciate that if any player bought weapons only because they said there was no CL upgrade in 2.10, I can understand the frustration.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    I_Am_Psycho
    > @The_Overcomer said:
    > @zivaolivia Remember alot of players bought 24 hour gas (I did) because if the phone event back last year. Then it ended earlier than NG informed us. Simply they said sorry for that even though it was their fault for in game news mis informing us. No compensation to those who lost gas because of it and lost getting the phones, not even oh here sorry here's 10 or 20 phones to compensate. Same Storey, Different Day.

@The_Overcomer For sure this is not the first time that their miscommunication has caused us to make decisions that we would have made differently - decisions involving real money. This latest may be the most egregious.
    The_Overcomer
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    I've been playing the game for about a year... This Council upgrade is pushing away the high end another 3 or 4 months... I'm guessing that NG does NOT want to have new customers... I could have bought already a few weapons bundle, gas boosters but I won't until I'm maxed.... I don't feel spending money is really helping me in anyway.

So most likely after a lot of time playing this game I'll quite without spending much here because it is so hard to get to the end.

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited March 2018
    Kaz said:

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the feedback as always, and thank you for the ones defending "the messenger", haha, that was beautiful to see! However, I was the one that made the wrong statement and caused the whole problem. And thank you Shteevie for explaining the situation.

Again, I'm sorry for causing this situation. We've reviewed this case and made a decision. Players who bought level 23 weapons and/or armor as part of a bundle purchase after the incorrect statement was made will receive a level 24 version of the equipment so that they can use it after their Councils have been upgraded. This action is being taken because of the unfortunate miscommunication, and will not be a regular part of the Council Upgrade process.

We have already identified the players to whom this will apply, so there's no need to contact support.

The new equipment will be delivered a couple of days after the Council Upgrade, and receiving players will see a pop-up notification in the game when it is delivered.

There are more Council upgrades coming in the future; the last two were each about five months apart. However, the next time there is an upgrade, we will be working hard to avoid a miscommunication like this one.

Sorry one more time, and thank you for your feedback and attention!

Keep in mind that although the announcement was made on 2/15 by NG it was announced by @Pain_Walker on 2/11 in this youtube video at 2:18 there would be no update to council level

Reason I mention this is I bought the flare gun pistol on 2/11 based on this video announcing no council update in 2.10. The "official" thread was created by NG on 2/15

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/32900/update-notes-2-10#latest

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    TJSDBones
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    Pig said:

And this, it seems to me, is your responsibility. You've got to make one of two choices:
    1. Honour the announcement and don't do the council upgrade yet; or
    2. Go ahead with the council upgrade and refund the purchases that people made based on the announcement.

Can I add a third option that may or may not assist?

3. Upgrade the level of all purchased weapons between the timeframe of the ‘No Outpost Upgrade’ and the ‘A Council upgrade will be coming in ……’

This would be an equal equal for all sides. NG wouldn’t lose any revenue and the Players would notice no loss of weapon potential. Without NG having to worry about any weapons purchased before said announcements or after said announcements.

Yes it would require someone to check purchase logs and dates, however a simple script should provide results in a matter of minutes. So no lost development time either.

Fair to all?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia