Potential Ideas

Talking with @kaz I decided to go public

So we all know the board has been hot and the players have been mad. @Shteevie has taken some comments personally and has fueled fire IMO, but with a private conversation I believe some of this is misunderstanding. @Kaz has put out a huge fire with todays game breaking reveal.

That being said hot of the new update 2.10 we have been met with mixed events such as Carol week. This is a great event in theory but many feel badly executed. The kingdom spear is fun to play with but not all that impactful for max players.

My suggestion would be changed the perks on Kingdom spear. Why not make it something like Swift Strike and Threat Reduction? Majority of your community would love this. Additionally the lower players will love it as well and when they level up and see that golden scout weapon in bundle more like to buy.

The relationship between player and developer has long been tarnished. Again kudos to @Kaz for repairing this. Great addition to NG staff at least from player perspective. He is hot in LINE conversations. Kudos

But in order to help repair NG should strongly considered a MASSIVE weekend event, currently the last two weeks we haven't really had an event. They roll out badge weekend and it was grand we all loved it but the we follow with nothing and no class bonus. This stings us and honestly for me I haven't really wanted to play...

My suggestion would be to do a massive weekend following the council upgrade. Maybe something like Double Supply with jackpot? Oh how cool would a jackpot weekend be on a double supply I can dream of those Supply Crates now. This would be beneficial as I would nerd rage and buy bundles to get gold to instant finish buildings.

You could follow up with a 5 sec upgrade weekend along with free badge swap. This would once again generate revenue as players would spend to get those new toons leveled up and gear up. Additionally during this time you could also offer a killer bundle.

KILLER BUNDLE ideal- you know what weapons we buy and what we want. Governors assault and Explosive Prison Rifle have to be near top. They come in a bundle with Carl every blue moon, Carls weapon isn't great at all. The price point is 27.99 and I have bought this 3x. But if you add something like Morgans staff. That golden Scout weapon with gold SS and TR along with decent gold, decent radios I think a lot of end game spenders would buy this. If it was 10k gold and 250 radios or so I would spend 99.99 on this bundle. In terms of this you could do a lower end bundle with the best that doesn't include gold or radios and lower the price point to appease the not as big spenders

Also in regards of fixed relationship a radio event should be coming up. We all love the radio events. But this time ensure the dates and time are correct. This is probably the most popular event in the game. Radios are def the best resource to the players.

When the board goes on fire it is because we are passionate about the game. You all might take it as heat or bitching, but reality is it is us caring. If Walmart treats me like shit I don't go back, but if NG does then I still stay. You are in a unique business in that sense. You can make or fix things, but eventually you can push away the most loyal of customers.

@Kaz @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet dying to hear your thoughts on the suggestions given above

KazDLHBelgarathSPC_TORRESzivaoliviaJadenromeo

Comments

• KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited March 2018
    Those are all cool ideas and all of them seem doable. Maybe not together, maybe not as you have planned, but I do think we can use all of them in the long run. And don't worry, we do have some weekend events planned for after the Council Upgrade. We'll announce them as they come!

Regarding the spear with different traits. Well, there's a reason why it has lower damage, we don't wanna make it super powerful! We have to test it how it goes first. Great idea nonetheless!

KILLER BUNDLE: I'll send to the bundle dude, he loves bundle suggestions (he really does).

Radio bundles are awesome indeed, but maybe too awesome. Maybe awesome enough to break our whole economy, haha.

ANYWAY, I've added some notes to myself and as usual, I can't promise and confirm that we will see those suggestions in the game right away, but they are good enough to be considered!

Thanks for sharing, Drunken!
    AndreaxbamfxJaden
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,435
    Please please please! Consider Weapons and Armor tool kits that can be crafted similarly to badge crafting. This would allow players to keep those cherished trait combinations. I don’t care if it’s only in the shop! I’d buy it every week no question. This special item allows players to upgrade their prized weapons and armor while also providing NG with a chance to gain a ton of love from the fans and also ensure they make some financial returns.

This would open doors for so many people who want to get the bundles but just refrain because of the simple fact post council update those sets while still usable, aren’t as powerful as new acquired gear. I wouldn’t mind even putting a cap on it after 3 tool kit uses or such. I’m curious to see what @Kaz thinks about this idea.
    tabernacKazKyrus
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 180
    @Kaz to be redundant, a radio event is due. And make it a full weekend, not just one shortened day. Guaranteed 3 gas boosters from at least me (though personally, I need you to wait until after Easter for this one!
    KazCaptainslayerKyrus
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @zivaolivia

Last one was two days but event ended at the normal time, but was different than advertised. This event isn't cost friendly for NG, but given the amount of stuff that's been going on it would be a great good will to the players.

I agree a weekend event for this would be great, last time was like a Tuesday Wednesday which is still great. As long as they don't change the rates or # of radios I could careless I will find time to play haha
    Kaz
  • suzequeuesuzequeue Member Posts: 153
    @JayZ - You stole the words out of my mouth. I imagine @Shteevie to be like Captain Holt and @Kaz to be like Jake Peralta from Brooklyn 99. Those are the voices I have in my head when I read their posts.
    KazJayZJenng
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    suzequeue said:

@JayZ - You stole the words out of my mouth. I imagine @Shteevie to be like Captain Holt and @Kaz to be like Jake Peralta from Brooklyn 99. Those are the voices I have in my head when I read their posts.

Haha thanks. I also JUST started watching Brooklyn 99 last night, so I actually get this reference now!
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Kaz
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Props to "Stone Cold" @Shteevie Austin!!

Austin 3:16

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    JayZJenngDBones
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 180
    @Drunken my memory fails me! It was two days. I think I only got to take advantage of it for one day as I work during the week. I know everyone has different schedules, so I am sure there were a lot who loved having this not on the weekend. Having midweek events from time to time is only fair
  • TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    Can you add real time PvP please vs actual players online, thanks
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    We have various special hero calls now. How about a survivor call? Something similar to the regular 15 radio call, but- no chance of heroes and increased chance of epic/legendary. Basically, like the much missed ICELs event (even if the odds aren't quite as good as those were).

@Kaz @Shteevie
    CaptainslayerKazJadenxbamfx
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Reposting here because here is now and there was then. Also my grammar teacher, whom I disappointed greatly to this day, used to tell use the more you write it and read it, the more you learn it and live it...

@Kaz feel the force of the mind...

Read the strength of justice! Be more than you can be! Join the Mobile Phone Horde bandwagon! We have a seat right up front in the convertible so you can wave to all the adoring fans as you ride past!!
    We are talking Ticker Tape Parade unseen since the end of WWII...

You will be the talk of every nation and the chase of many women! All this for the low, low price of simple bribery!

I’d love for @Kaz to wake up Friday and decide a horde assault on our walls would be awesome. Even better if the percentage of them had cell phones on them was increased. Just think ... it could be the Wireless Provider Horde.

All the employees of DMobile got bitten and have been walking as a group since the business closed. Before shutting down, DMobile allowed all its service reps and sales reps to take as many phones as they wanted...

”Your Survivor Camps have been assaulted by a horde of DMobile employees!
    Man your walls!
    Defend your children!
    Good luck Survivors!”

*In September 2007, DMobile stopped signing up new wireless customers and discontinued the wireless service altogether on December 31, 2007.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Kazzivaolivia
    @Shteevie I think that was the nicest thing you have ever said I teared up a little bit.

While all events in one weekend isn’t possible and I get that but some kick ass events that are fan favorites and maybe some double weekend events would go a long way :)

To me it feels like players vs devs are in a healing phase given the last two weeks of unpleasant. First the Dlich then the no weekend event then the council upgrade then the no class/weekend event.

Would it be possible to do something again like you all did during Xmas Holliday? We had two kick ass weeks of events and it was awesome that was a major factor in me getting to max level.
    Kyrus
  • dulinquartersdulinquarters Member Posts: 481
    Here is another idea for the spear & pitchfork; Since it is long range make it where your scout Does Not get burnt killing a burning walker. They are 2 steps away from the walker, a shooter can be 1 step from a burner, kill it, & not get burnt even though closer? Strange a survivor farther away from a burner gets burnt?

Another idea about the bundle offerec at first of challenge with gas & XP booster together, Awsome!! I think it would be best offered closer to the last quarter of the challenge rather than the first. I was excited to see that offered!! It has been a
    Long time sine I got a gas & XP together in bundle & it did not have the extras with it back then. Great idea!! Hope to see that bundle again.

Some really good ideas above!!
    tabernac
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Drunken said:

To me it feels like players vs devs are in a healing phase given the last two weeks of unpleasant. First the Dlich then the no weekend event then the council upgrade then the no class/weekend event.

I want to reiterate. I was banned because I was wrong. I am thankful to have been reinstated. I don't want anyone to think the admins reinstating me was to bring about good will towards the forum. If I hadn't acted like a jerk to begin with I wouldn't have gotten banned to begin with. That's my logic anyway. It was my fault I got banned. I'm happy to be a part of this community still and whatever people put their minds together to decide to reinstate me I am greatly appreciative of it.

With that being said, the moral of the story is "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes". And i'm referring to myself, not TWD NML with that quote lol.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    DrunkensuzequeueJaden
    @DLich

Right wrong or indifferent it def created a shit show on the forums. That was pinned Player vs Mod vs Dev....

I wasn't picking sides but rather indicating the board has been extremely hot since then.... Don't read into what I put there other than that was an event right or wrong.

IN NG I TRUST
    DLich
    Thank you @Shteevie I know from past experience it’s never easy to come forward and try to make amends. It’s so much easier with our world to hold a grudge and be vindictive to those who, perceived or real, wronged you.

Great strides are being made in the communications area, I truly hope it continues and we don’t have backsliding from any branch. Devs, Mods, and Players, are like three branches of military. They all have to work together no matter how much they think their unit is more important or skilled.

One big round of hugs, then let’s quit this touchy feely crap... it makes my skin crawl. Hahah
    Concordia

Thank you @Shteevie I know from past experience it’s never easy to come forward and try to make amends. It’s so much easier with our world to hold a grudge and be vindictive to those who, perceived or real, wronged you.

Great strides are being made in the communications area, I truly hope it continues and we don’t have backsliding from any branch. Devs, Mods, and Players, are like three branches of military. They all have to work together no matter how much they think their unit is more important or skilled.

One big round of hugs, then let’s quit this touchy feely crap... it makes my skin crawl. Hahah

So what does the 4th branch of the military do? Does the 4th not work with the other 3?
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,435
    @Drunken the 4th is the Air Force or aka the “chair force” we don’t count them lolololololol jk jk
    ShadowaceAz
    Um, what he said...
    The Air Force is the smartest though, they send the officers off to die and play cards till the planes return. Hahah
    (I jest, I worked with many an airman and most of them have a clue). Lol
    Concordia

xbamfx
    Also people tend to forget Coast Guard, they are a military asset.
    The United States Coast Guard (USCG) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces[6] and one of the country's seven uniformed services. The Coast Guard is a maritime, military, multi-mission service unique among the U.S. military branches for having a maritime law enforcement mission (with jurisdiction in both domestic and international waters) and a federal regulatory agency mission as part of its mission set. It operates under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security during peacetime, and can be transferred to the U.S. Department of the Navy by the U.S. President at any time, or by the U.S. Congress during times of war. This has happened twice, in 1917, during World War I, and in 1941, during World War II.
    Also

What is the military? In simple terms, the U.S. Armed Forces are made up of the five armed service branches: Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy. There are three general categories of military people: active duty (full-time soldiers and sailors), reserve & guard forces (usually work a civilian job, but can be called to full-time military duty), and veterans and retirees (past members of the military).
    Concordia

> @xbamfx said:
    > @Drunken the 4th is the Air Force or aka the “chair force” we don’t count them lolololololol jk

Cheer*
    xbamfx