How badges affect survivors

msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
I have an idea to organize in a single place all the formulas of how badges affect survivors (I have found some formulas in several topics on the forum).

@jimmorrison369 explained how the damage and health are calculated:
Damage = (Base Damage * ( 1 + Marksman/Strong + Hero Boost) + Weapon * (1 + lethal) + Badges Flat) * (1 + Badges %)
Health = (Base Health + Armor * (1 + Armor Boost)) * (1 + Hero Boost + Badges %) + Badges Flat

@Shteevie explained how the crit chance, which cannot be greater than 90%, is calculated:
Crit Chance = Base Chance + Luck + Accurate + Sure Shot/Powerstrike + Daryl/Carol Boost + Badges

Thank you guys for that awesome info!

The damage resistance, which cannot be greater than 80%, is calculated as follows (it's my assumption but it seems it's quite obvious):
Damage Resistance = Iron Skin Boost + Iron Skin Armor + Badges + Defensive Stance (if triggered) + Jerry's Boost (if triggered)

Actually, I have only no idea of how Crit Damage is calculated. Could anyone be glad to help me and other players to understand that? @DLich, @OneLessTitan, @jimmorrison369, anyone else?

P.S. I edited the formula (@kepler, thanks for your comment) and saved the initial topic and the topic disappeared. "Your discussion will appear after it is approved" but the previous discussion, which I posted a couple of weeks ago, has not appeared yet. It looks like an issue.
PutchucoKaz

Comments

• JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    I think @Monsuta figured it out but he was deleted. But If you look through his old posts you may find it.

Looking forward that @DLich puts that into a excel sheet one day so we can calculate if a +damage badge maybe is better then a +x%
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    If anyone has a good spreadsheet for badge implementation to go along with this , that would be absolutely awesome :)
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,396
    msapaev said:

P.S. I edited the formula (@kepler, thanks for your comment) and saved the initial topic and the topic disappeared. "Your discussion will appear after it is approved" but the previous discussion, which I posted a couple of weeks ago, has not appeared yet. It looks like an issue.

Hiya @msapaev
    I finally found out what that is. The forum has a built in anti spam system. If you edit a post too quickly and resend, or too often in a period of time, it automatically labels the post as spam. Is they do not seem to be released on any particular timeframe, I have started to copy my post if it’s an edit. That way when and if that appears again, I simply repost as a new message.

Hope that helps for future postings.

~ShadowAce
    Happy Hunting

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

msapaev
    JackBauer said:

Looking forward that @DLich puts that into a excel sheet one day so we can calculate if a +damage badge maybe is better then a +x%

My rule of thumb, and I could be way off base, is I add % damage to those who are heavy hitters. Ie shooter and hunters and scouts

I add +damage to those who are meatshields but do less damage. Ie bruisers and assaults.

Just as I add +crit damage to shooters hunters and scouts because they are a guaranteed crit on charged attack. All others are simply possible crit, so I tend to add +crit chance to them.

However, I am a new guy, so the lords amoung us may disagree.

Happy Hunting
    Concordia

• paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @ShadowaceAz said:
    > P.S. I edited the formula (@kepler, thanks for your comment) and saved the initial topic and the topic disappeared. "Your discussion will appear after it is approved" but the previous discussion, which I posted a couple of weeks ago, has not appeared yet. It looks like an issue.
    >
    > Hiya @msapaev
    > I finally found out what that is. The forum has a built in anti spam system. If you edit a post too quickly and resend, or too often in a period of time, it automatically labels the post as spam. Is they do not seem to be released on any particular timeframe, I have started to copy my post if it’s an edit. That way when and if that appears again, I simply repost as a new message.
    >
    > Hope that helps for future postings.
    >
    > ~ShadowAce
    > Happy Hunting

If this happens, you can always pm a mod and ask them to check the spam filter.
    Yep, that’s how I found out. However to avoid bothering them with such minor things, I go with the copy now. Haha
    Concordia

• msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    The main question about crit damage badges is which of them — % or flat — is applied first.

(Base Crit Damage * Boosts * Badge %) + Badge flat
    or
    (Base Crit Damage + Badge flat) * Boosts * Badge %

It seems that the second formula is more logical but sometimes twd nml doesn't fit the logic :)

Also this @jimmorrison369's comment makes me think that the second formula is closer to be truth.
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    @msapaev go in this thread, as said @Monsuta figured it out probably.

-----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    msapaev
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Awesome collection @msapaev , greatly appreciated.

I might well be wrong, but I don’t think ‘badge %’ works on top of ‘badge flat’, same for damage, health and crit damage.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    @Putchuco, I realize that these formulas are the result of players' experiments. I'm 100% sure only in @Shteevie's formula (because he is an insider) :D
    edited February 2018

The base damage of a 5* level 22 hunter = 1127 (got here)
    Weapon damage = 1534
    Marksman = 1.15
    Flat damage badge = 403
    % damage badges = 1.35

According to the formula, Damage = (Base Damage * Marksman + Weapon + Badges Flat) * Badges %
    Damage = (1127*1.15 + 1534 + 403) * 1.35 = 4365
    Oops :) The real damage is greater than calculated and equal to 4585
    @Putchuco, if I put the Badge % before the Badge Flat in the formula, the damage will be less than the previously calculated value (which is wrong too).

The base health of a 5* level 22 hunter = 1447
    Armor = 1063
    Flat health badge = 244
    % health badge = 1.16

Health = (Base Health + Armor) * Badges % + Badges Flat
    Health = (1447 + 1063) * 1.16 + 244 = 3156
    Oops again :) The real health is greater than calculated and equal to 3366
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 244
    @msapaev , a heroes base damage and health should be higher than a survivor afaik.
    Boukephalosmsapaevjimmorrison369
    @aquila, it seems you are right.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,849
    edited March 2018
    A, I wondered where this thread left.
    msapaev said:

Damage = (Base Damage * ( 1 + Marksman/Strong + Hero Boost) + Weapon * (1 + lethal) + Badges Flat) * (1 + Badges %)
    Health = (Base Health + Armor * (1 + Armor Boost)) * (1 + Hero Boost + Badges %) + Badges Flat

Actually, I have only no idea of how Crit Damage is calculated. Could anyone be glad to help me and other players to understand that?

Yes, I know how the critical damage is calculated.
    I don't know for sure the multipliers though. @Monsuta tested that.

I Believe a assault and bruiser have a 125% critical damage.
    Hunter, shooter, scout and warrior have 150% I believe. But a scout charge attack does about 225%.
    (again all above numbers are not tested by my. I only tested on assault for a bit to find how to fit critical damage in the damage formula.

Damage = ((Base Damage * ( 1 + Marksman/Strong + Hero Boost) + Weapon * (1 + lethal) ) * (1 + classboost + destructive + criticaldamage% + powerstrike) + Badges Flat) * (1 + Badges %)

msapaev
    edited February 2018
    Putchuco said:

Awesome collection @msapaev , greatly appreciated.

I might well be wrong, but I don’t think ‘badge %’ works on top of ‘badge flat’, same for damage, health and crit damage.

It is, and anyone can simply test this if they are willing to spend 30 gold for removal.
    For damage, the flat value get's increased by the damage% in the end.
    For Health, Not.
    edited March 2018
    @jimmorrison369, it seems the ruthless is added to the other critical damage multipliers, isn't it?
    At first, I could not understand why you added Power Strike to the crit damage multipliers but then I realized that the trait does not affect the full damage shown on the survivor screen. For simplicity, I replaced the damage formula with the damage shown on the survivor screen (Full Damage). Does the formula still valid?

Crit Damage = (Full Damage * (1 + Power Strike (if triggered) + Weekly Class Boost + Destructive + Ruthless + Critical Damage%) + Badges Flat) * (1 + Badges %)
    jimmorrison369
    (Full Damage * (1 + Powerstrike + destructive + critical damage%) * (1 + ruthless) * (1 + Charging) + flat badge + critical flat badge) * (1 + badges%)

Now, I'm not sure about the weekly class boost, it can be either as an extra multiplier or together with the %badges. I suspect it to be seperate, but before flat badges.

Power strike may be separate too, not sure about that one.
    If you want a challenge, try and solve for this damage.
    msapaev
    edited March 2018
    Critical Damage = ((Base Damage*(1+Strong/marksman+HeroBoost)+Weapon*(1+Lethal))*(1+ClassCritBoost +CritB%+Destructive)*(1+RuthlesS+RuthlessA)*(1+PowerStrike)*(1+Charging) + FlatDamBadge+FlatCritBadge)*(1+DamBadge%)

I didn't test this one on every level.
    I'm pretty sure about most of it.

This is my best guess without testing extensively.
    msapaevcapibaraShadowaceAzBurmeliinis
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    edited March 2018

My rule of thumb, and I could be way off base, is I add % damage to those who are heavy hitters. Ie shooter and hunters and scouts

And warriors - if you use them as damage dealers and not just Distance sacrifices. Their damage output is on a par with shooters. Of course they lose out on crits :-(

• Gomose_WGomose_W Member Posts: 33
    > @JackBauer said:
    > I think @Monsuta figured it out but he was deleted. But If you look through his old posts you may find it.
    >
    > Looking forward that @DLich puts that into a excel sheet one day so we can calculate if a +damage badge maybe is better then a +x%

The best damage badge without is about 19% or 700.
    set the damage as X ↓
    x+2100=1.57x
    x=3684
    which means %badges are better when your damege(without badges) is higher than 3600.
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    msapaev said:

The damage resistance, which cannot be greater than 80%, is calculated as follows (it's my assumption but it seems it's quite obvious):
    Damage Resistance = Iron Skin Boost + Iron Skin Armor + Badges + Defensive Stance (if triggered) + Jerry's Boost (if triggered)

The obvious seems not to be the reality, @msapaev . The consensus in this thread seems to be that Iron Skin and Defensive Stance multiply, and do not stack.

jimmorrison369tabernacmsapaev