What traits does the unicorn assault have?

I'm on the lookout for a new assault and want to make sure I invest in the right survivor. The one I'm thinking is the best would be:

Lucky / Dodge / Iron Skin / Ruthless / Marksman

Sound about right or am I missing something?
atty_ayris2mIvoDanielBez

Comments

• aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    I would probably take sure shot over ruthless, and defensive stance over lucky.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,252
    Lucky
    Iron Skin
    Defensive Stance
    Revenge
    Marksman
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    anthony172abvemik81
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,831
    It depends on your play style and what you want from your assault. If you want an all guns blazing type then you'll want marksman, ruthless, sure shot, revenge and iron skin. If defensive then traits like defensive stance, vigilant, dodge, iron skin and marksman.
    Bladerunner
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Abraham
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    ALF4realsabve
  • ALF4realsALF4reals Content Creator Posts: 288
    UNICORN ASSAULT

MARKSMAN
    RUTHLESS
    DODGE
    IRON SKIN
    REVENGE/LUCKY
    Trust in NG *rubs ears* woo-sahhh

If you like my videos why not check them out on the YouTubes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNZhPyxCp36-ctXh7CHUvg?view_as=subscriber
    anthony172bigbeano
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 674
    > @Troublemaker said:
    > Lucky
    > Iron Skin
    > Defensive Stance
    > Revenge
    > Marksman

I want a assault like that. I just only have one non-hero assault. I've never had so lucky with the assault. But i love my Police officer Marion
    Drunkenbigbeano
  • jbleroijbleroi Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2018
    What is the advantage of having defensive stance on an assault, i dont really get it. Do u use assault to take the hits? I find defensive stance on all my survivors pretty useless to be honest. I would go with ALF4reals on this one
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,831
    Exactly, at high levels you will take a hit so it's handy to have one trait which can reduce damage by more than half by the push of a button. One trait can give you more defense than 2 legendary damage reduction badges.

Assaults only do 1.25x with critical hits so sure shot/ruthless aren't as die hard traits as they are on other classes. Marksman, lucky and iron skin are the holy trinity IMO, the remaining 2 traits I'll take as they get. My main assault has those three plus revenge/vigilance. They have their uses too.
    jbleroi
  • jbleroijbleroi Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for the explanation @sbf and @WellyLuga , i will keep this in mind when I pick up a new assault. I also use Abe a lot although he is still not legendary but i love playing with him
    WellyLuga
  • JeemPedJeemPed Member Posts: 156
    I think this guy has some nice traits. I dumped a 2 pink assault with bullet dodge to upgrade Mr. Norris
    tabernacTHCrosspsychwolf
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 444
    edited March 2018
    I read this thread and got to thinking that I have only 1 assault survivor that I made pink. She has bullet dodge and that’s the only reason to trash her......but the other traits are fire. I love having marksman and sureshot together. Along with lucky and ruthless, I got a great assault.

But I decided to look for another assault after reading this thread a bit, and made a 15 call and got this-

Looking forward to seeing her 5th trait. If it’s BD I’m gonna be real disappointed to say the least. Ide like to get sureshot or ironskin.
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,202
    Does my double pink ABE count?
    Cronus
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 627
    Drunken said:

Does my double pink ABE count?

Don't brag, lol :smiley:
    Governator
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

Don’t know about perfect Unicorn, but these two serve me well, I do better with them than my Legendary Abe!
    Maybe I’m just weird.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

abve
    edited March 2018
    So......I got my unicorn assault just now!
    I posted her with 4 traits open (see above post) but needed to know the 5th trait before lvl’ing her up 6 lvls to 20.
    So...........
    I trashed my pink assault (see above) to get the coin needed to unlock 5th trait and took a huge risk! It paid off in spades!

David_H79CronusjbleroiGovernator
    Yep, that's exactly what I'm looking for!
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    My 2 non-hero assaults;

Barret is badged up with dmg reduction and extra health, while red XIII has dmg bonus, crit chance, and crit dmg bonus badges.

Two very different builds, and both work awesome
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,081
    This is what one looks like and her in action.

OvergrowdaworldKirnas

As anyone knows, a perfect Assault also is crass and a bit on the tough side.
    Concordia

DeadheadskamilowatyGovernator
    lol, but can it kill zombies?
    That’s what the horns for, not just another horny pony!!

Concordia

bigbeanoGovernator
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    This is my personal unicorn assault

CronuskamilowatySPC_TORRESbigbeano
    edited March 2018
    @ekimhclew
    Do you like iron skin over ruthless? Or would you take either or?
    The reason I ask is I heard that Ruthless isn’t a big deal for assaults. It does less damage than say a hunters Ruthless trait.
    So I guess I’m gettin’ at that is Ironskin better to have on an assault than ruthless, if you had to pick between the 2.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,656

@ekimhclew
    Do you like iron skin over ruthless? Or would you take either or?
    The reason I ask is I heard that Ruthless isn’t a big deal for assaults. It does less damage than say a hunters Ruthless trait.
    So I guess I’m gettin’ at that is Ironskin better to have on an assault than ruthless, if you had to pick between the 2.

Why not take both Iron Skin and Ruthless? :sunglasses:

Ruthless can be good when also paired up with Gold Ruthless armor and lots of Critical Damage badges.

bigbeanosbfkamilowaty
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    edited March 2018
    @Governator I've got some swear words going on in my noggin regarding that assault you've got... You get him as epic or legendary? That'd be a hell of a lucky roll on last trait
    Governatoraquila
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,656
    sbf said:

@Governator I've got some swear words going on in my noggin regarding that assault you've got... You get him as epic or legendary? That'd be a hell of a lucky roll on last last trait

LOL. I picked him up as Legendary. I had a good run of Assaults during the last Gold Hero call. I'm hoarding every Legendary Assault I find so I can throw them into The Distance meat grinder.

My first three I picked up early when Bullet Dodge was decent and I invested tokens into them. Brute terrorizes outposts when I go raiding.

And these next three I picked up later. Trog is who I'll invest in once I get Brute to 3 Pink Elite.

• sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    @Governator I've been doing the same with assaults. Got a couple extra bruisers and even more extra scouts (all the extra scouts have strong and ruthless and depending on the weapon and badges they'll do 20k-45k damage). I want that assault--got close to it, but didn't roll snake-eyes like you when I tried.
  • FahqbendoverFahqbendover Member Posts: 408
    This is my love we have a happy relationship