They changed the map

My favorite scavenge map, They changed it. I can only assume in the last update. They didn't completely ruin it, but did take away some options. That area were Guv is previously went back further to reach the crate and allowed you to shoot up into the above space. They closed it off now.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. What gives? Why not included in update notes? @Kaz

Pigjimmorrison369docfinzenburgTHCrosstabernacrustynailBiBanU

Comments

• capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,690
    Oh well...they change often maps...not the first time. I like changes...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    MattOfEarth
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited March 2018
    @capibara
    I'm not saying it's bad, just surprised it wasn't mentioned at all. I only noticed because I am now trying to stock up on supplies. It is also one of the 3 or 4 great XP farming maps. I don't think they ruined that ability with the change, thankfully.
    jimmorrison369
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,690
    I never needed to farm...it's a very strange point for me to understand players farming...i'm always maxed at supplies from 1 year or so...and same with xp...always maxed to xp no survivors to upgrade no weapons needed to upgrade...i use to just upgrade random stuff to not be bothered by the constant xp bar blinking.. :#
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    jimmorrison369THCross
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,135
    It's for the better
    THCross
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    I haven't try it yet, what a surprise
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    SURPRISE CHANGE! (Kidding)

I'll check what happened. Nice finding though. :p
    bladgieranthony172
  • axl144axl144 Member Posts: 61
    Any change is better than no change... I guess :)
    The game is getting boring, many experienced survivors are leaving...
    The episode missions are the only thing keeping us going...
    Except that we are like mice in a wheel.
    edited March 2018
    I can see the cheese. It's right there. I'm really close to it. I don't have to run that much before I can grab it. Wait, why isn't it getting closer?
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,203
    Is it such a major change that it needs to be mentioned in the update notes?

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

suzequeue
    zeeblack said:

Is it such a major change that it needs to be mentioned in the update notes?

As I said above, it's not that it's a big deal, just that it wasn't mentioned. People like me know this map. It isn't that hard to mention that it was slightly altered. The lack of mention indicates no one cared if it was noticed.

Not about major or minor change - maybe just a "Some changes to scavenge maps." The lack of mention highlights the lack of communication or care between developers and those who communicate changes on the forum. The update notes say: "Here are all the changes," and when they make changes they don't mention, or get info wrong, it does the opposite of building trust. All they need is one good update where they disclose all changes and are correct on all the changes, and they will build a lot of trust. Failure to mention it means that either they didn't think it mattered, or they just don't care. And the things they got wrong, well, that reflects even worse.
    MadPuppypaintbeast
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Ok, so I got an answer!

So this mission is one of the Story Missions and we've seen that new players were having a hard time there. At least more than they should be having. So we've changed the map and made it a bit more intuitive. Since the Scavenge Missions also use this mission layout, it got changed as well.
    JadenSPC_TORRESbladgier
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I actually found this map to be slightly annoying as it was, for the sole reason of that last crate being so far. Couldn't always take out all the walkers down that alley, and had to run far to get the crate. It just seemed to take more turns than necessary. It may be a very minor change, but I like it. :)
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    Kaz
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    ah just use scouts simple cant finish map in 3 turns
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 2,017
    Kaz said:

Ok, so I got an answer!

So this mission is one of the Story Missions and we've seen that new players were having a hard time there. At least more than they should be having. So we've changed the map and made it a bit more intuitive. Since the Scavenge Missions also use this mission layout, it got changed as well.

Quick, let us know who they are...... we can let them strike while the iron is hot, and we can let them address some other issues.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

Quick, let us know who they are...... we can let them strike while the iron is hot, and we can let them address some other issues.

Someone said “Not Funny”. No names mentioned.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

SPC_TORRES
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,168
    Drunken said:

ah just use scouts simple cant finish map in 3 turns

I've tried that, but it doesn't work. There are too many walkers in that area for the scout to get through, so it still takes them at least 3 rounds to get to the crate. And then because you have the other survivors helping out the scout by clearing the walkers, it takes longer to get the other crates.

There is no 'efficient' pattern for the old version of this map.
    Meh. I never had any problem on the old version. I also haven't tried farming on the new version yet, but I can't see how the change they made would hurt farming either way. Unless I do see that, I can be counted as positively indifferent, which may as well be a vote in favor of the change.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I use Assault/Warrior/Scout for scavenge missions. On this particular map, I would run my assault and scout on the south path, assault in the lead, and clear the field for the scout to run in for the deep box. When the field was clear the assault would open the middle box/car trunk. The warrior would go the north path, opening the box and clearing out whatever walkers were there, then move on to the finish area. Warrior and assault mop up the stragglers at the end as the scout double times it to the finish.

Assuming no hiccups, I finished this map without ever seeing any walkers from the first spawn wave.And for me, that's fast enough.

The change to this map is like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic for me.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @Kaz @Shteevie
    Awesome job on the new graphics trick, but I’m not sure if it was supposed to be released yet?

Or was this planned as next weekends surprise event?

Invisible barriers! I love it, but maybe if the area lighting was a little darker?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

JackBauer