Kingdom Spear

Can someone explain to me how come the free Kingdom Spear, legendary lvl 24 has damage of 1721 and a knife, legendary lvl 23 has damage of 1719. Nether one has any upgrades or whatever, that is base damage for both.
Sorry if this has been mentioned or talked about somewhere else
KaLi

Comments

• R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    The word "compensate" was the official word being used but "Nerf" is more accurate
    rustynail
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    it has been this way since special variants of weapons have been introduced. the BBQ assault weapon has less damage than comparable assault weapons (should be changed since it's not the only weapon in game anymore that can set enemies on fire)
    all long range scout weapons have also been lower damage since they were introduced
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

• HamphilHamphil Member Posts: 36
    Thanks. I was just being lazy and didn't search before posting. I remembered after reading both your responses that because it was multiple targets, damage was lower
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,078
    The fact the spear was "given" makes it easier. Imagine my surprise when I spent money and found out it was decreased. Then it happened a second time on Morgans staff.... HMMM @Kaz no one ever addresses this issue you want to touch it haha.

I mean now if I buy either weapon I am aware and I learned before I was on forums. But the gamer who isn't on forums and buys doesn't know. There should be a disclaimer on those bundles to let the buyer know.
    mason1970
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 226
    Epic Dixieland BBQ does more damage than same level epic assault rifle. I don't know the damage of legendary version but the green one was really pathetic.
  • vixen243vixen243 Member Posts: 91
    Thx for the info. I was about to ask,too. I didn’t know,either. :(
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,634
    The gold lethal trait balances out the damage drop. I found with a level 26 spear I would only have maybe 50 less damage as I would with a non-lethal level 26 scout knife.

I do agree it should say before you buy tho cause it leaves a bit of a salty taste in the mouth when you find out :lol:
  • RbredtRbredt Member Posts: 70
    So weapons that hit more enemies with a trait (large caliber, wide spread, wide arc) have the same base damage. But, those with an inherent ability above the 3 traits have lower base damage. Makes you wonder why you want to spend money.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,999
    Rbredt said:

So weapons that hit more enemies with a trait (large caliber, wide spread, wide arc) have the same base damage. But, those with an inherent ability above the 3 traits have lower base damage. Makes you wonder why you want to spend money.

Well, with gold skull you are about up to par again - but you give your scout an ability he didn't have before and that is hitting multiple targets.

For assaults or hunters, it only increases an already existing ability.

In both cases you have one trait getting you there if you will.

Only thing I think is that people should be informed about the lower base damage before buying...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    tabernac