2.10 Balance changes discussion thread

Comments

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    @Kaz My starting difficulty lvl was 23 and I am still getting below EPIC and legendary gear. I thought it was supposedly only EPIC and legendary gear on this new challenge....
  • MrsSugarbearMrsSugarbear Member Posts: 1
    You have officially ruined this game for me. I've been playing since the beginning, and I'm fighting to get 2 stars on the first damn map of the challenge now using 5 star level 23 survivors. Thanks a f***ing lot.
    CBgaming1969fathazluv
  • 8900rpm8900rpm Member Posts: 104
    @Kaz Is there a plan to upgrade to the farms and supplies storage? When the next council upgrade rolls around, we won't even have enough tomatoes to do an upgrade!
    TransmuteJunfathazluv
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,354
    @MrsSugarbear What RSL did you start at? You've been playing since the beginning but have no pink survivors?

I think for some players this week's new challenge format might make things harder just for this week. You'll have a bunch of round passes from last week and it might start you too high, therefore giving you a significantly less amount of rounds to play than normal. But you'll earn less round passes this week, start lower next week, and things should even out.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    KazDBonesantmack22
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    8900rpm said:

@Kaz Is there a plan to upgrade to the farms and supplies storage? When the next council upgrade rolls around, we won't even have enough tomatoes to do an upgrade!

Yes, there's! We'll always make sure that players can stock enough tomatoes in order to upgrade their council without using gold. (:
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 359
    edited March 2018
    > Difficulty is based on the level of
    > your three highest Survivors, but
    > a little higher than previously.
    > - Players with three survivors at
    > Level 10 will start at Difficulty 8
    > - Players with three survivors at
    > Level 15 will start at Difficulty 11

I know I have complained of grind. But I meant my primary account (maxed out before this latest update came out) where you had to play to round 45 or so to enjoy the game.

In my secondary account, i have one lvl 15 survivor, rest being lvl 14 and 13. Yet I seem to have started way above difficulty 8. Now in round 6 (3 free round passes, 2 played rounds) Im already at difficulty 14.2. Considering I cannot craft and apply badges to my survivors yet, my challenge will be soon over.

I opened support ticket, lets see if they can fix it or if any compensation is possible.
  • BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 70
    > @CBgaming1969 said:
    > @Kaz My starting difficulty lvl was 23 and I am still getting below EPIC and legendary gear. I thought it was supposedly only EPIC and legendary gear on this new challenge....

Same here...Opened a gold crate after a dc 20 challenge mission and got a green L20 warrior weapon (with very nice traits, would have made a great legendary or even epic)...

Even paid 25 gold to open the crate... :(

What gives?
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    edited March 2018
    @Belgarath
    This is concerning, as it was not found to happen in testing. If it happens again, please take a screenshot and contact support so that we can use your game data to track down the root cause and fix it.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 305
    DLich said:

Starting with the Challenge on the 7th of March, the format of the challenge will follow these rules:

- Starting Difficulty is based on the level of your three highest Survivors, but a little higher than previously.
    - Players with three survivors at Level 10 will start at Difficulty 8
    - Players with three survivors at Level 15 will start at Difficulty 11
    - Players with three survivors at Level 20 will start at Difficulty 16
    - Players with three survivors of Level 23 or higher will start at Difficulty 17

@Kaz I see I am not the only one with questions...1 L20 toon and the rest at 19. Should have started at 11 the way I read it but instead started at 14 and with 5 RP jumped to 18.1. Not too big of an issue since I will still get in 11 rounds before I start to struggle but still looking for clarification on the rules.

Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    @Shteevie
    Will do! (Should have done it the first time, but i auto scrapped and moved on before i realized someting was wrong)
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 359
    > @tallinie said:
    > In my secondary account, i have
    > one lvl 15 survivor, rest being lvl
    > 14 and 13. Yet I seem to have
    > started way above difficulty 8.
    > Now in round 6 (3 free round
    > passes, 2 played rounds) Im
    > already at difficulty 14.2.

Got reply from support. Release notes were only indicative. With lvl 14 survivors, challenge 3.0 starts from difficulty 11 i.e. 11, 12, 13.1, 13.2, 14.1, 14.2, 15.1...
  • FarsideacresFarsideacres Member Posts: 4
    What is with the kill pen called the outpost? I am dying most the time now. What changed? The loss is 25 out of 41, the loss can be huge 27 and the win is 10....getting nowhere and taking 0 with just crates as a way to get a few crates. Does not seem worth it at this point to waste effort to just fall back.it would be a slower fall if I do nothing at the outpost.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    The higher your ranking the more your loss when defeated.

I learned that the hard way and if you mean your losing on defense more, it’s likely because more and more opponents are getting better badges and doing more damage. Badges working on offense but not defense is throwing the whole thing even more out of wack. I say this from the experience of attacker.

I used to win maybe 50/50 at best and often had to cash & dash, but now I’m way further up the rankings than I have been in the past.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Belgarath said:

@Shteevie
    Will do! (Should have done it the first time, but i auto scrapped and moved on before i realized someting was wrong)

We found the issue and made a change. You shouldn't be seeing this any more, but still please do send us a message if it happens again. Thanks for the report!
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    Kaz
    Cool! Glad i could be of help! :)
    Kaz
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    I know there’s a rule about keeping PM’s private.
    However as this is about the topic in question, I am hoping it’s
    not violating any rules.
    @Belgarath this is what I received from support
    on my ticket the other day.

So I assume we are good to go!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

@ShadowaceAz
    Yeah, that matches what Shteevie said above... Seems to be resolved now! :)
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,059
    With this new update and format will we see a permanent increase to all heros. Carol was great last week and I see she still has her high level power also this week in KaBoom. Is this a glitch or will it remain the same. Rick’s boost is amazing. By far the most powerful shooter I have now. The update gives survivors additional power at level 24, but they don’t touch the hero boost. Can we get some clarification.

@Kaz @Shteevie I was maxed by Friday lost around at least 500 plus stars and countless personal and guild rewards so if NG wants players to play less...

Winner, winner chicken diner!!!

If I wasn't trying like crazy to make up for the bad info you gave me about having to be a player level 67 to upgrade new council...I wouldn't have had much incentive to play much after Friday...besides distance anyway.....
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    @sbf Well said sbf! Btw, let me know if you see Annie anywhere, please.
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140

@Kaz @Shteevie I was maxed by Friday lost around at least 500 plus stars and countless personal and guild rewards so if NG wants players to play less...

Winner, winner chicken diner!!!

If I wasn't trying like crazy to make up for the bad info you gave me about having to be a player level 67 to upgrade new council...I wouldn't have had much incentive to play much after Friday...besides distance anyway.....

I agree with guild rewards dissapointment. I hoped that they will make up for that with some increase rewards in earlier phases. As for the stars...
    My score has dipped by just 250 stars compared to average on previous challenges (but i don't care about the numbers, only rewards). I have 1660 at this point. Avelardez hit some crazy numbers this time (over 2100 stars). Are you sure you have pushed hard enough? At round 35 I thought it was absolute max for me. Now I completed two rounds at 37. It's been really tough and enjoyable challenge from some point, however it was too long of a grind for me to get there. It was fun starting from Saturday, I would prefer this to start happening on Thursday so that healing time will not affect me that much.
    Jaden
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,059
    edited March 2018
    @Shteevie @Kaz
    These are some rewards I recieved past level 30 in the kaboom challenge. Some ok many disappointing. Got better rewards at the lover levels. The Rewards RNG needs to be scaled to give high level efforts greater rewards. Getting some of these small XP and small tokens are ridiculous. I make more XP playing a scavenge mission. Drop gold pot rewards like 500-1000 gold and not some small 20 gold. Token crates like 64, 128, and 512 tokens not 8-16. These small token crates do nothing for players that require 500-2,000+ to upgrade one trait. There really needs to be a player factor in this. Just as you do with our weapon pulls with the player level. I have one 24 in each class and got a nice reward of a Legendary scout weapon but level 23. Really. Would have been perfect at 24 for me. Pass this on to the people that make this decision.
    MacV
    Yes, @kkatsu I even hit my new person best difficulty lvl by 2 lvl's...

I may have left a max of 5 stars on the table(thumb slippage, etc.), but I know what a wall feels like when you slam face first into it,)~
    @CBgaming1969 - this sounds great. You reached highest lvl so far and that's great achievement for you. So why do you bother about stars losts? Rewards I understand and agree, but stars?
    1RisJaden
    @kkatsu It's personal, but if the total rewards were equal or better to the total rewards that both myself and my guild were getting, then their wouldn't be any real issue. But that's not the case.

Plus WOW I just broke 1500 stars for the first time sounds better than I just broke 950 for the first time in UC format.

To be clear, if all total rewards were equal or better, I would happily (after a month long grieving period) be fine with star loss!!!
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I just opened up an image editor and drew myself a star and typed "1500" in a text box next to it.

As for the reward loss and all that, I hope that gets fixed, but to be honest I would have cut off a hoof to reduce the grind. Now I get to keep all my hooves and lose a few tg instead, so I can live with that.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    DBonesJadenjimmorrison369
    edited March 2018
    @CBgaming1969 So you just confirmed it is about the rewards in fact. Whats wrong with 950 stars scores if you beat your personal best level wise? Again, stars will not let you progress in any way. Just rewards.

Let me as you this - what is more impressive:

1. Finisihing challenge after failing to beat walkers at level 32 in the first round there.

2. Finishing challenge after failing to beat walkers at level 34 in the third round there?

?
    @kkatsu how about finishing challenge on Friday when you still enjoy playing challenges and you can't play them again til Wednesday...