Kill walkers daily quest

I got a daily quest to kill walkers with Merle (25).

I just ran a map in kaboom and shot 3 exploding walkers, killing other walkers along with them. I realize the explosion killed the other walkers, but, Merle did kill them. I ended up with 0 walker kills after the map via Merle.

25 walkers is ridiculously easy, just an observation.
tallinie

Comments

• msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    Walkers that are killed with an explosive walker (including the explosive walker) are not counted as your kills (and do not give you XP points, respectively). Use Merle's knife instead of his gun :)
    KazthisdoesfineCBgaming1969
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    msapaev said:

Walkers that are killed with an explosive walker (including the explosive walker) are not counted as your kills (and do not give you XP points, respectively). Use Merle's knife instead of his gun :)

Although!! Killing the exploding walkers with a gun DOES give you XP and thus SHOULD give us a "kill"

Right @Kaz ;)
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    msapaev said:

Walkers that are killed with an explosive walker (including the explosive walker) are not counted as your kills (and do not give you XP points, respectively).

This ^

But also this: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/31646/season-missions-team-list/p1

That might help you! If you run the Highlight Season Mission 6 where you can kill a lot of weak walkers using Merle.
    SPC_TORRESDLichCBgaming1969
    Kaz said:

msapaev said:

Walkers that are killed with an explosive walker (including the explosive walker) are not counted as your kills (and do not give you XP points, respectively).

This ^

But also this: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/31646/season-missions-team-list/p1

That might help you! If you run the Highlight Season Mission 6 where you can kill a lot of weak walkers using Merle.
    Yes, yes, yes. I know ;)
    I was just saying, we DO get the XP for the one exploding walker we kill. I mean, they don't spontaneously combust. ;)

As for using the season missions, I'm all about that :) Thanks for the link though, I'm sure others will find it useful, too.

Have a good day @Kaz !!
    KazDLich
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543

I was just saying, we DO get the XP for the one exploding walker we kill. I mean, they don't spontaneously combust. ;)

you only get the XP for the kill of an exploder if your gun deals enough damage to clear the full HP of the exploder

in the case the exploder dies because of the explosion you cause with your gun, you won't earn XP
    DBonesTripod
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,538
    Kaz said:

msapaev said:

This ^

Also this..

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,955
    Apologies to @thisdoesfine. Back to the tread topic.

David_H79thisdoesfine
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Somebody, please somebody, tell me how to get Merle to use his knife........
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    To clarify, I believe it's only the grenader that none of the kills including the grenader count toward xp or kills but the other exploding walkers count as 1 kill and xp but no walkers killed by the explosion counts. Isn't that right @Kaz?

Same holds true for fire walkers, if you kill it while on fire it counts...

If you just light it on fire and it flames to death, them nothing,)~
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited March 2018
    It's tricky, dudes. The intended behavior is: explosions don't give XP and Charge points.
    However, if you kill a lot of other walkers at the same time they explode, you won't get XP but you'll get Charge points as you can see on the GIF below.

Check this out:

So last time it happened, players asked us to not change it, since they were getting Charge Points.

It's reported, but for now, there's no plan to change the current behavior.
    David_H79
  • DelgadoDelgado Member Posts: 19
    Is this a change since the update? I feel like we got the xp from the exploding walker and the ones that were damaged by the bullets in the attack before.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited March 2018
    @Delgado
    It's always been this way. It's not something that changed with the update.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    David_H79
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,255
    Wait...what.. Merle has a knife?
    Dodkong
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,161
    mack22 said:

Wait...what.. Merle has a knife?

Yeah..lol..that would have been the right Merle weapon... :#

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Dodkong
  • DelgadoDelgado Member Posts: 19
    Thanks @TJS

I got my false impression, that since XP was shown that XP was accumulated. This can be seen in the second half of the gif where fleeing via Vince yields no XP, though each of the walkers eliminated shows the post kill XP count.
    TJS
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,089
    msapaev said:

EXCEPT.... If you are playing The Distance and you have a 'kill XX number of walkers' mission, then the exploding walker plus the other walkers killed in the explosion are counted toward the total walkers killed in the mission.
    > @TransmuteJun said:
    > Walkers that are killed with an explosive walker (including the explosive walker) are not counted as your kills (and do not give you XP points, respectively).
    >
    > EXCEPT.... If you are playing The Distance and you have a 'kill XX number of walkers' mission, then the exploding walker plus the other walkers killed in the explosion are counted toward the total walkers killed in the mission.

True, very true :)
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,089

> @TransmuteJun said:

> Walkers that are killed with an explosive walker (including the explosive walker) are not counted as your kills (and do not give you XP points, respectively).

>

> EXCEPT.... If you are playing The Distance and you have a 'kill XX number of walkers' mission, then the exploding walker plus the other walkers killed in the explosion are counted toward the total walkers killed in the mission.

True, very true :)

Yep. Way to be inconsistent... ;)
    thisdoesfine
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 281
    getting charge point but never counted as kill
    wow, what a logic