3 lvl 22+ start at lvl 17 just like lvl 23’s & 24’s

Comments

• warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    Movado said:

With a full team of level 24 survivors, it was still a starting RSL of 17 this week.

you already have a full team of 24 survivors?
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,696
    Yes! You've played less rounds and got less stars! Well figured out. You might be forgetting that everyone is getting less stars. That is what is meant by less grind. Unless you were one of the people who loved the grind then this is what you wanted.
    DLichcrambert_necMattOfEarth
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,080
    @warlordf

Very possible, without using a crap ton of gold to boot.

Player has max supplies upgrades council- Instant Finishes for 250ish gold

Player lucks out has supply bundle in shop buys bundle upgrades training- 250 gold instant finish

Player then likely has enough XP to upgrade two survivors. One is instant another 250 gold

Then player buys XP booster and UG earns enough XP in 30 minutes or so to do another toon. Then you can wait 24 hours and boom toon is updated and you have 3 level 24 toons for roughly around 1k gold and depending bundle price anywhere from 8 bucks to 55 USD
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    @Drunken i dont remember the instant upgrade gold amount but i had the idea that 2 days and something hour upgrades was a bit more than 250 gold but great, i will need a few more weeks (problably months) to get there, but we have time heheh
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    warlordf said:

@Drunken i dont remember the instant upgrade gold amount but i had the idea that 2 days and something hour upgrades was a bit more than 250 gold but great, i will need a few more weeks (problably months) to get there, but we have time heheh

If you use the supplies it requires then you only spend 250 gold to instantly upgrade it

If you don't have the supplies it requires then it's like 5K gold or something to upgrade it instantly (doesn't use supplies nor do you have to wait the time it takes to upgrade)

Where's @Gindy 's chart of time vs supplies cost analysis regarding upgrading things lol.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Gindy
    @Gindy is on the fire today!!! The quickness in speed and accuracy I'd think you have the "Accurate" trait :trollface:

GindyJadenbigbeano
  • GhostdanceGhostdance Member Posts: 25
    I knew something might be up when I woke up to Sonny and Cher singing ‘I got you babe’ on the radio this morning.....good news is you can all level up your toons as much as you like because tomorrow you will be back where you started.....
    DLichDBonesant
    DLich said:

@Gindy is on the fire today!!!

@abailey362

abailey362
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    DLich said:

warlordf said:

If you use the supplies it requires then you only spend 250 gold to instantly upgrade it

If you don't have the supplies it requires then it's like 5K gold or something to upgrade it instantly (doesn't use supplies nor do you have to wait the time it takes to upgrade)

Where's @Gindy 's chart of time vs supplies cost analysis regarding upgrading things lol.

instant upgrade costs in gold

council - 9583
    training grounds - 8183
    workshop - 8183
    scavenger - 8650
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

MystiqueDLich

instant upgrade costs in gold

council - 9583
    training grounds - 8183
    workshop - 8183
    scavenger - 8650

34,599 gold.

$100 for 14,000 = $247.14 worth of gold to instant upgrade everything immediately.

Wowza!!

sbfbigbeanowarlordfbladgier
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    I’ll trade all the stars, XP, supplies, gear, radios and garBadge pieces for less time spent getting to a more challenging, and therefore more fun, Challenge level.

What do we gain? Real life time and an overall better gameplay experience.

What do we lose? Absolutely nothing, as the fact is that all that crap only exists in a digital fantasy world.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    bigbeanoSCBMAMabiki
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    A member of my guild who's name I won't mention has a set of lvl24's already, so it's definitely possible.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Eh. Just have fun this challenge. It is what it is right now. Just play and enjoy figure it out by ng can’t change nothing now so just enjoy the challenge.

It’s not gonna be that bad for now. I guess. I don’t know.

• Kick_assKick_ass Member Posts: 513
    Amazing work you guys!
    Maverick’s Core Leader and / OG Co-Leader
    Other Leaders | Pic |
    Tux77 |
    KeepGen |

Stolen from Dlich
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Goalposts have been moved. I think the original OP point has been shown to be invalid given what we now know.
    It's unfortunate some of the original info from NG was incorrect, but the facts remain.

If level 22s and level 23s start at the same level, there is zero advantage to keeping lower level survivors. Both play X number of rounds, but the person with higher level survivors has advantage because 3 level 23s can always do better than 3 level 22s, given equal skill and luck.

If there is some math advantage to keeping level 21s, you are handicapping yourself substantially. A difference of 1 survivor level is questionable, but 3 level 21s can in no way make it as far as 3 level 23s except with immaculate skill. I don't need any charts to tell me this.

Based on what we know, there remains a chance that upgrading can cause a very brief setback in stars when you have just 1 or 2 or 3 higher level survivors, with no better equipment for them, but are still facing a higher difficulty

This is the same setback that anyone at any level below 20 has faced since this general challenge format has existed that starts at a specific difficulty (as compared to the old, old format that started everyone at 1 or 3 or whatever it was and made you grind through pointless single digit levels far below your ability).

I dealt with this every time I leveled from 17 to 20-21, since I refused to play challenge until the starting level was increased. Every time, I ended up scoring higher once I had higher level survivors, even if I took an initial hit for a week or two. I promised to provide more data at the time, but badges were introduced in the meanwhile, and that skewed things a little.

But even if we allow for this variable of an initial setback, you will quickly get some better gear, especially with the new changes to high level gold crates, and ultimately have a whole crew of higher level survivors with decent gear that will easily be able to overcome any real or perceived setback from leveling up.

Bottom line - leveling survivors is good in the long run. And anyone who says different will be proven wrong

Stone Cold Mabiki says so.

And if his word isn't good enough, just consider whether or not you think you'll fare better with 2 level 23s and a bunch of level 22s, or all level 23s. It was 5 months between the last council increase. How many survivors could you level in that time? How much gear could you level? I'm gonna bet it's enough to make a difference.

• ignasignas Member Posts: 311
    Currently we don’t know if starting point for 3x22 on 17 as intended or it’s just another bug.

Support is saying one thing but in this announcement we still have different data.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/33251/council-upgrade-and-balancing-changes-in-2-10#latest
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 311
    @Shteevie

Can DLich and his followers ;) can get a list of all scenarios?

You can clearly see with the amount of topics, discussion and questions on forum that if we had them upfront we would avoid many frustrations.
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 294
    Shteevie said:

Hello, everyone!

The examples we gave in the update notes were a few of the many possible states of player progression, sort of like using a few points on a graph to describe a whole line.

At least on a graph we can see the line in between the points to gauge where we would be.

If your survivors fall between “all 11s” and “all 15s”, your starting point is going to be somewhere between the example numbers given, and should be consistent every week until you train up some of those survivors.

A sentence telling us that would have gone a long way to appeasing the masses!

We wanted to give a few examples instead of every possible configuration because the amount of numbers and stuff would have been very hard to read unless you are a mathemagician.

Again...a sentence saying `This is an example and your actual starting level will vary' would have been a lot more helpful and easier to swallow.

Several reports from the forums and tickets from support on this issue caused us to review the formulas there, and no errors were found. Your starting difficulty next week will be the same as this week, unless you earn a different amount of Round Passes or train some survivors.

At least we will know what to expect next week per your last sentence. It is what it is and really didn't hurt me that much other than to shorten my play time but with the 1 min. gas I will be raiding outpost for TG.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    KazDLichvalereee
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @Shteevie

As per the above:

For future reference, it seems as if it would be in your advantage to note such stuff and thangs, like starting levels in update notes being examples and not hard rules.

While some misinterpretations can be attributed to players reading things incorrectly or not reading them fully, thangs like starting levels clearly stated are harder to explain after the fact.Thangs like that go counter to the trust and goodwill NG hopes to build with players. Best case, such thangs make NG look like it is finding its' explanations after the fact, and true or not, does not present the best image of the company one may desire.

I hope this idea is somethang you will consider when developing future notes and asking them to be explained and likely defended on the forums by staff members such as yourself.
    KazTJS
  • RbredtRbredt Member Posts: 70
    Many mobile games have a “sweet spot.” Players who are willing to sacrifice progression to gain a little edge in stars or trophies or whatever. If some folks want to play the game that way to get an extra 144 stars and sacrifice their ability to progress and earn hundreds of more stars per week down the road, that’s ok with me.

This is much less pronounced than other games I have played where these min-maxers could really game the system and affect the gameplay of others. Not sure if I am allowed to mention that game in these forums. For NML, this effect is pretty minor.
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I swear I started at lvl 18 before the round passes, @Kaz or @Shteevie Is there a way to check that...is 18 the starting lvl for 3 or more lvl 23, also I have 2 lvl 23 pink stars and 1 lvl 20 pink, does that make a difference. I swear I didn't start at 17 before round passes.
    @DLich do you remember what lvl you started at before round passes?
    Also @Kaz or @Shteevie Will the starting lvl increase 1 lvl for 3 or more 24's?
    23’s is lvl 17

What round are you in and what rsl are you on?

@DLich I'm on round 23 @ 29.2
    You started at @CBgaming1969

17 18 19 20 21
    22.1 22.2 23.1 23.2 24.1
    24.2 25.1 25.2 26.1 26.2
    27.1 27.2 27.3 28.1 28.2
    28.3 29.1 29.2

You’re on a start of RSL 17 like it should be.

1RisDavid_H79