Have Your Say / Provide Some Constructive Feedback

☆ Vote is not anonymous ☆
-
TJS  -  Member of W-S
Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain

HAS NG GOT THE CHALLENGE FORMAT RIGHT? 106 votes

YES !
20%
antEL34xyzJenngdocfinzenburgjimmydawiseiozzegbladgierMabikipradianthony172RealClareBMattOfEarthMischaEdd8iamedgeRouvinatorCronusRbredtMgoff54boom1 22 votes
NO !
46%
TransmuteJunPutchucoTheLastOfUszeeblackatrainofficialGovernatorDeucesReeconnDLHBloodyChainsawTroublemakerBlack_Jackrustynailtalliniedeb1hdwhitek111Dragonfyrebababooeymobbiebigbeano 49 votes
NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
33%
pirate1125DoTakcapibarapsychwolfInspTurbinessligoemTheCrabMadPuppyCaptainslayerjimmorrison369flyingcowkingwaryoungbesyzandy75romeozivaoliviatheldssdlbillbraskeysuzequeueTJS 35 votes
AmBush

Comments

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    edited March 2018
    NO !
    Some of us start at a level of difficulty that makes playing well, um, SUCK!

I speak for myself only, obviously (let’s not mention the voices), however if anyone from NG reads this I am willing to bet money at least a few complaints and or drop outs happened.

I did read others in my boat. Ok, so maybe dinghy, however the point stands. I reached a point on Thursday, less then 24 hours, where I basically have to do each mission 5+ times just to do a passing grade. I have level 19 survivors who reside in my camp and they have not had the best of luck searching for mythical badge fragments, as such they have limitations on the ability to destroy high level walkers.

There is a reason we only burn small fires at night, we try not to attract attention and when we face walkers who at +5 RSL, the common theme in the group is *RLABOOH!. You may have heard the age old statement that probably originated about the time of human speech, “I don’t have to outrun the __insert predator__ I only have to outrun you!”?

Well, that’s a much discussed topic at communal dinner. I know from watching the forums many people are happy with this setup, but others deserve a voice. I’m not asking we go back to the original setup, but the last time an Ultimate Challenge was run, I did not experience these same set of issues. Though I’m no expert at math and calculations, calculus and theoretical physics were never my mug of rum, @DLich and crew provide all that ata much cheaper cost. I do know personal experience, and it says something major was changed.

Keep this format if that’s what the numbers show in your data collection NG, but know I will be spending much less time on the game because it’s pointless to run a mission, sit 2 hours in the hospital, run it again.

My time is done, the wife is calling and the children (all bakers dozen) are tearing up the floorboards in boredom, so I have to go down to the store and get some cheap rum to drown my sorrows.

Good day to you all, and to all a good roast.

*RLABOOH = Run Like A Bat Out Of Hell
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,295
    edited March 2018
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    @ShadowaceAz
    > My time is done, the wife is calling and the children (all bakers dozen) are tearing up the floorboards in boredom, so I have to go down to the store and get some cheap rum to drown my sorrows.

Bakers dozen means 13 right?
    Send me your email addy and I will buy that bottle for you.
    ShadowaceAz
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    NO !
    No.

1. Still to much grind for me. I dropped from completing round 45 to round 35. It became challenging from round 31, meaning I had to play so much pointless rounds without being challenged at all.
    2. Round passes every 5, how come? If you don't want to give us every 3, can we try at least every 4 rounds? Although I would prefer every 3 with option for players of not using them all if someone feels like he needs to grind for some reason.
    3. Rewards are low. I hoped we will see at least better guild rewards. Didn't happen so I'm very disappointed.
    4. There is so much confusion on starting level. It should be simple as that - everybody starts at RSL +5 (I'm not joking). No formulas or strange calculations. Just redo scoring systems so that higher level players will get more stats (for example number of stars given to player for completing the round should be reflection of enemies level. walkers at level 33 should give you much more stars than walkers at level 32, etc).

I'm happy that NG tried to do something, however this format doesn't suit my preference. And given what I wrote above, I'm disappointed.
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 113
    edited March 2018
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    Rewards are terrible - if we’re gonna do 70% or less in the challenge before it becomes impossible, there needs to be that much more trade goods and phones. This part is totally messed up.

In terms of the difficulty ramp, I think it’s bogus that I never see a triple round. Maybe start that at RSL+4, plus one round for max star survivors above 5? This gives me some chance of reaching round 20 for a fourth pass, as it stands I was done Friday evening after the wall came down in round 19.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    I'm going to hold off voting as well.

-Love the reduction in grind
    -RPs seem like not enough. I loved where I started this week but that's because I had something like 9 RPs from the old format. I'll probably never get that many with this new system. RPs every 3 rounds seems like it might be too much (wouldn't mind, though), but 4 might be the sweet spot.
    -I agree with what others have said about TG rewards. They need to be increased.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JadenDBones
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Making RPs optional would allow people to grind who want to grind , allow people to skip who want to skip , not mess up the economy in any way and even l3t people play more often on challenges they might personally like better , or play the lower rounds when they actually need massive amounts of supplies .. it's such an easy thing to implement, and seems to solve a bunch of problems .. if they are worried about people hoarding round passes , they could just cap it at 10 or make a max on how many you can use to start a challenge .. @Shteevie is there a reason this has never been tried yet in all the UC formats ?

To the poll , if they add optional RPs every 4 rounds, top up the TG and phone rewards back up just a little, and would consider the current challenge format about as good as it can get. I'll withold voting for now
    ShadowaceAz
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    edited March 2018
    NO !
    big NO
    obviously
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    @Japes87 Agreed about optional RP usage. Been saying this for awhile. All they would have to do is implement a "use em or lose em" approach each challenge; they don't carry over to the next challenge. Use all, none, or some number in between at the start of the challenge. If you decide to not use them all, then you lose them and the next challenge you will just start with however many you earned during the week.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JadenDodkongJapes87SomethingWicked
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    Definitely like the fact that I I'm deeper into the challenge sooner, but the rewards are subpar vs old challange format. Still needs a little tweaking IMHO!
    CaptainslayerJadenOldweirdeddie
    edited March 2018
    NO !
    Japes87 said:

Making RPs optional would allow people to grind who want to grind , allow people to skip who want to skip , not mess up the economy in any way and even l3t people play more often on challenges they might personally like better , or play the lower rounds when they actually need massive amounts of supplies .. it's such an easy thing to implement, and seems to solve a bunch of problems .. if they are worried about people hoarding round passes , they could just cap it at 10 or make a max on how many you can use to start a challenge .. @Shteevie is there a reason this has never been tried yet in all the UC formats ?

To the poll , if they add optional RPs every 4 rounds, top up the TG and phone rewards back up just a little, and would consider the current challenge format about as good as it can get. I'll withold voting for now

Where is the ‘Hell Yes’ button?

*Added some markups!
    Concordia

DodkongJapes87
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,687
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    Probably yes
    Only doubt is if after upgrading survs one or two times we will be again into the grindy world.
    I think i started at 22. I would have preferred to start at 25 or 27...but well...those are just rodent toughts... :#
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    NO !
    capibara said:

Probably yes
    Only doubt is if after upgrading survs one or two times we will be again into the grindy world.
    I think i started at 22. I would have preferred to start at 25 or 27...but well...those are just rodent toughts... :#

Maybe allowing starting selection of +1 through +5 at the onset?
    Concordia

capibara
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    NO !

kkatsu said:

No.
    4. There is so much confusion on starting level. It should be simple as that - everybody starts at RSL +5 (I'm not joking). No formulas or strange calculations.

Seriously? You do realize people play that do not have 2, 3, 4, or 5 pink star survivors?

So what? Hard mode scavenge missions are on +4 so it would be just one level above and it will be called challenge for a reason. Why I need to be punished with extreme grind in something that supposed to be challenge not a grind fest? I completed level 33 with 2pink survivors at level 24. So it's RSL +9, no reason for others not to push on lower levels. If they will stop earlier, fine. They need to work on their heroes to make them better to get further. Just like in distance. NG should give us more RPs and give us option to use as many of them as one wants.

Rest of your post is complete joke, not sure what it has to do with what I wrote.
    SleeperyJeemCBgaming1969
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,295
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    I started this challenge with 7 RP, and next week I will have 4.

I like to hit the 1000 mark, might not happen this week.

If we could get our class bonus back I might be able to plan accordingly.
    Dodkong
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    YES !
    Japes87 said:

Making RPs optional would allow people to grind who want to grind , allow people to skip who want to skip , not mess up the economy in any way and even l3t people play more often on challenges they might personally like better , or play the lower rounds when they actually need massive amounts of supplies .. it's such an easy thing to implement, and seems to solve a bunch of problems ...

It seems like optional use of Round Passes without an ability to save/horde them week to week would solve most of the concerns expressed by players who do not advance as far in the Challenge, while still allowing those who push to +9 RSL to avoid a fair amount of the low-level grind.

The only problem I can see with the suggestion to make Round Passes optional is that NG has so far shown absolutely zero interest in doing so. If the particular reasons for them disliking that option have ever been explained by NG staff, I have definitely missed or misunderstood those comments.

I don't want to dissuade anyone from advocating for optional round passes, but I think NG would have run a test of that scheme by now if they were at all interested in implementing it. I have personally ruled out that idea as extremely unlikely, for that reason only, and will focus any improvement ideas I may have on other changes.

I've definitely noticed the drop in my TG this cycle that could be evened out with better guild and individual rewards, and I would be very happy to see a reduction in the number of played rounds required to earn RPs to 3 or 4 rounds.

I did notice I was receiving some tomato supplies in level 23 mission crates this cycle, instead of stopping at 22, and I presume that's because max survivor level has increased by 1 - but I would really love to see supplies available at higher difficulty levels and/or until a player actually has full supplies. Given the lack of supplies in higher-level Challenge missions, the supply cost to upgrade camp buildings is really getting insane.

Although not related specifically to the Challenge - the reduction in Scavenger mission cost from 6 to 5 gas is very welcome, and the Scavenger building upgrade for badge components sounds like it will be worthwhile when I can finally get enough spare supplies to make it happen.

Something like a 2.11 update to improve supply collection in the Challenge for non-maxed players and that also evens out TG rewards would be awesome. And if NG could also find a way to address the concerns of players who dislike the quicker advancement offered in this new Challenge format without subjecting the rest of us to low-level play we hate, that would really be ideal and would serve the two main cohort groups who seem to be invested in the game.

Granted, we're only in the first week of this Challenge format - but I suspect the complaints of "too much grind" on the one hand and "gets too hard too fast" on the other will still be the basis for the line NG is trying to walk with any changes they might consider.
    ShadowaceAzjimmorrison369Jaden
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 154
    NO !
    i use too hit 1200 stars with level 20s. I fucking hate hitting a wall at 800 hate gaining less player rewards/boxes
    thew_robert
    YES !
    Fair enough, mobbie - but I used to work my ass off to hit 800, and I hate spending 4 of 5 days to hit 1300 before I barely even have to try.
    The rewards matter to just about everybody. The arbitrary star number apparently matters to some, but it shouldn't.
    JadenpaintbeastChiefkeo
  • ALF4realsALF4reals Content Creator Posts: 288
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    ok so had some time to dwell on this one, its a good start but tweaks will need to be made

1)I think that without the 1 minute gas, the Challenge is going to be impossible

2) Decrease in RPs is gonna cost serious starts next week

3) Rewards NEED a Buff... i got to 940 stars and only got 11 Bruiser Tokens in a Token Crate? F THAT IN THE A!
    Trust in NG *rubs ears* woo-sahhh

If you like my videos why not check them out on the YouTubes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNZhPyxCp36-ctXh7CHUvg?view_as=subscriber
  • sunny00021sunny00021 Member Posts: 2
    NO !
    NO
    I like that I don't have to play as much but why are players at lower levels able to get more stars then me?
    YES !

NO

I like that I don't have to play as much but why are players at lower levels able to get more stars then me?

Please explain. Is there someone in your guild at lower level who is getting more stars despite being less skilled or playing fewer rounds?
    NO !
    Mabiki said:

Please explain. Is there someone in your guild at lower level who is getting more stars despite being less skilled or playing fewer rounds?

Our guild has been discussing this exact topic, it’s an exception in our case, not the rule. However we have one dude who has some sort of voodoo because his 2x 17 rest all 16 are out scoring our people with all lvl 22 and 23.

The man is quickly becoming a legend. In all fairness though, he has been performing as such ever since I joined, and that was over 6 months ago.

Concordia

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    I plan to analyze Mavericks family scores compared to their camp level and see if any anomalies occur.

I don’t expect players with lvl 21’s to outscore players with lvl 23’s but they might outscore players with lvl 22’s (assuming those with lvl 21 survivors start at 15 like the note says)

Can anyone confirm they have multiple lvl 21’s (no lvl 22+) and started at 15?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'