Kingdom spear too heavy?

thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
When my scout uses the kingdom spear, he runs slower. See videos for speed difference.

With spear:

Without spear:

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,939
    Try to lift and run with a knife and then with the spear that's taller than you :#
    thisdoesfineJadenbigbeano
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    Since it is legendary, I figured it was a carbon fiber shaft. Guess it's solid steel.
    deb1hdbigbeano
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Well, of course!

The total weight of a pilum was between 2 and 5 kilograms (4.4 and 11.0 lb), with the versions produced during the earlier Republic era being slightly heavier than those produced in the later Empire era.

The Kingdom Spear is made from scrap metals they can find and pounded down, so they are not even as sophisticated as the Roman pilum!

https://romanmilitary.net/tools/pilum/

Now, just imagine them throwing that over a distance on the battlefield, or taking it on a long march across the desert.
    Add that to the 10kg/22lb scutum (shield) and the 15kg/33lb armor and gladius 1.2–1.6 kg (2.6–3.5 lb)

That’s over 65lb of weapon’s and armor so we have not included helmet, rations, water, and all the other gear they marched with. Damn glad all my scout was given was a Kingdom Spear or else he would be crawling!! :smiley:
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

thisdoesfinebigbeano
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    My scout has run quite a few missions since 1 minute gas weekend. He should be getting stronger now.
    ShadowaceAzbigbeano