HAS NG GOT THE CHALLENGE FORMAT RIGHT?

Comments

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    YES !

Mabiki said:

Please explain. Is there someone in your guild at lower level who is getting more stars despite being less skilled or playing fewer rounds?

Our guild has been discussing this exact topic, it’s an exception in our case, not the rule. However we have one dude who has some sort of voodoo because his 2x 17 rest all 16 are out scoring our people with all lvl 22 and 23.

The man is quickly becoming a legend. In all fairness though, he has been performing as such ever since I joined, and that was over 6 months ago.

Thank you for the reply, ShadowaceAz. I would still like to hear back from sunny, but the fact that it has been going on for some time in your guild, and not just for this challenge makes me think it isn't specifically caused by this challenge format, at least in that case. As you said.

Regardless, if the rest of you are playing fewer levels than you like before hitting a hard wall in the current format, as I gathered from your other posts, then things probably aren't quite working for you.

I want you to be able to get your max enjoyment from the challenge, too.

I just don't want the 'solution' to mean that I have to start at a lower level. If anything, I still want to start higher myself. As far as I'm concerned, they can start me higher than a hippy on a helicopter ride.
    ShadowaceAzbigbeano
  • sunny00021sunny00021 Member Posts: 2
    NO !
    2 players are ahead of me. 1 started one level behind me and the other started at 2 levels behind me. Unless I was sick or to busy too play, they have not beaten me for a long time.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,786
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    Could they not just be coping better with the harder rounds? I.e now they have a chance to push thenselves where they just ran out of time before? I assume you usually use a gas booster, maybe they don't and there is less of a need to with this format?
    InspTurbines
    YES !
    @sunny00021

Can you confirm how many rounds the other players have completed and the number of rounds you have completed during this Challenge?
  • BrinnLyBrinnLy Member Posts: 1
    NO !
    I seem to do less dmg and get less stars...why would I consider this an improvement? The entire guild are down on stars and most very annoyed at the drop in rewards and all struggling to get up to the normal amount of stars.

And don't get me started on these promotions for heroes, all I want is to level the heroes I like using. If you want to do a promotion then fine but don't remove the normal rotation of 10 calls for heroes. I don't want the heroes your pimping out thank you very much.
    bigbeanoCaptainslayerBonesD
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    edited March 2018
    NO !
    Even though I don't like this format, there is one thing I like in fact. No 4th round on each level past Level 30. That 4th round was a killer with first spawn being fatties and armored guys. My best ever was Level 32 and it was a struggle. Now I'm playing level 34 and it's finally fun indeed. Unfortunately its Sunday evening and its round 37, so its still a NO for me.

I don't get one thing however. Why some people are making such a big deal that they are scoring less stars now? I don't care since most people are scoring less so it's all good. What I'm concerned about is reward system in this new format and this needs to be improved since indeed we are scoring less stars.
    YES !
    BrinnLy said:

And don't get me started on these promotions for heroes, all I want is to level the heroes I like using. If you want to do a promotion then fine but don't remove the normal rotation of 10 calls for heroes. I don't want the heroes your pimping out thank you very much.

The hero promotion has absolutely nothing to do with the new Challenge format or number of stars available to you...
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    DLich said:

I’m playing less so I love it. My issue isn’t with RP’s or rounds it’s with TG’s. Way less TG’s from round completions. That in combination with less rounds it’s a disaster. We’re getting roughly 50-60% less TG’s than the old way.

If they put the tg rewards for round completions back to what they were (round 15+ gives 1000) and doubled tg output from outpost (from 70 an hour to 140 an hour) I think it’s be spot on.

This is my opinion also. There is a huge drop in TG income.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • DcMDcM Member Posts: 33
    NO !
    For me, and a lot of players I have to assume, the issue with this setup is were done a day and a half before the event ends. So were left with boring scavenge and outpost or we simply don't play. Sort of like Mondays and Tuesday's have always been. Now people aren't playing for 3 1/2 days.

How about shortening each event to 3 days and do 2 per week?
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 257
    NO !
    worst i've ever did.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    ShayHa said:

worst i've ever did.

Worst star total or lower RSL reached than normal?
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,928
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    For me it is a big improvement.
    I can now reasonably compete with other people without dedicating my life to this game.

Do they have the right format? It is much better.
    Has the grind ended? No, it will never end but it is a much more enjoyable grind to me.
    Am I happy with the new challenge format? Yes.
    TJSJenngbigbeanoInspTurbines
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 296
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    The grind has been reduced a bit, which is great but still not enough. But honestly the challenge just felt flat and pretty boring. It might just be this set of maps, but overall it feels a bit underwhelming and boring these days.
    bigbeano
  • thew_robertthew_robert Member Posts: 46
    Sucks, at this rate I will never get 1000 stars!
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    Well we are having this debate now in our guild family now. Some of the lower level players and some of the higher level players are both finding this unfair. Like I stated before, I like the fact I'm deeper sooner in the challange. Prior to this challange format my biggest constraint was/is time!

NG is between a rock and a hard place on this one! Anything that lessens the grind is a plus to me! But, NG you need to tweek:
    1. Rewards
    2. RPs
    3. New challange maps.
    OldweirdeddieJaden
  • OldweirdeddieOldweirdeddie Member Posts: 1,157
    Would I like to see better TGs & RPs every 4 rounds? Sure would, but this format is a huge step in the right direction.
    InspTurbinescrambert_neczivaolivia
  • WickedWendyWickedWendy Member Posts: 15
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    Less grind is awesome, but the rewards need to be adjusted accordingly. For the rewards we’re getting this challenge, it hardly seems worth playing. Back to the tomato grind now to get my workshop and training center upgraded. Only 28 million to go. >:-(
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    NO !
    I’m sorry, this is not to be an asshat, however:

1) The response I got when I said some of us hit the end way too quickly was “It’s called a challenge for a reason”...

Yet I see almost everyone bitching about lost rewards, so I’m forced to say “There called rewards for a reason, get over it! Or call them gifts!”.
    Is there Any reason there is a difference?

2) As for the star count and “Get over the star count! Everyone is getting the same change!

So I’m forced to say “Get over the Rewards issue, everyone is getting the same change!”.

How in the world are these things not equal, except if you only consider what you want?

Everyone plays for their own reasons and their way.

Let the Bashing begin!

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

ADPaqDLich1Ris
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    NO !
    I would think that the multiple lvl 21's are multiple pink stars with bought specialty weapons and serious badges...
    NO !
    And NO, this new format SUCKS and only benefits high lvl top end players and even they lose out on rewards.
    Of course they probably don't even want the rewards...
    NO !
    I was maxed by Friday lost around at least 500 plus stars and countless personal and guild rewards even thou I hit my new personal best highest difficulty lvl...
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    @CBgaming1969 you gotta remember 2 things
    1. You'll be an end gamer one day and trust you'll be glad to get to difficult lvls faster
    2. As others have said star count is irrelevant as everyone's star count is down, also end gamers should be getting more stars then lower lvl ppl or why else would you bother to grind to upgradw and move up lvls
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    NO !
    @Captainslayer please don't misunderstand...

I'm not saying anything bad about top lvl end gamers and the need for NG to do something to help their grind...

I'm only pointing out the changes only really help them...

3 round round passes and call me crazy but 1 gas missions instead of 6gas after +6 lvl difficulty or so would help everybody.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,057
    edited March 2018
    NO !
    I am not concerned about the star loss. I am able to play the distance or scavenge maps even when the new challenge is running. There is no foreplay, straight to the action and the juicy stuff. I voted NO for the RPs, rewards and rounds per level. Change RP to per 3 rounds, buff up the rewards a bit and the 3 rounds should start from level 25.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    MurdoqueTransmuteJunJenng
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 247
    NOT SURE / MAYBE ?
    > @ShadowaceAz said:
    > I’m sorry, this is not to be an asshat, however:
    >
    > 1) The response I got when I said some of us hit the end way too quickly was “It’s called a challenge for a reason”...
    >
    > Yet I see almost everyone bitching about lost rewards, so I’m forced to say “There called rewards for a reason, get over it! Or call them gifts!”.
    > Is there Any reason there is a difference?
    >
    > 2) As for the star count and “Get over the star count! Everyone is getting the same change!“
    >
    > So I’m forced to say “Get over the Rewards issue, everyone is getting the same change!”.
    >
    > How in the world are these things not equal, except if you only consider what you want?
    >
    > Everyone plays for their own reasons and their way.
    >
    > Let the Bashing begin!

Your not wrong @ShadowaceAz , except that stars do not help you advance in the game, whereas phones (especially) and trade goods (to a slightly lesser extent) do. But I get what your saying. For me, I've got two level 19 survivors and the rest are mostly 18's. I managed 740 stars this week, where I generally get 920-1000. But losing those stars doesn't bother me, losing rewards does. As much equipment as I've saved up while getting to lvl 19, I still lack a genuinely good assault rifle, my most used class, and it's something I could get on TG Tuesday, if I get enough TGs. I could also use some other equipment and I really want another legendary hunter, because I only have one good one. Those rewards could help me get there, stars won't.
    But what hurt most of all with this week's challenge: 4 guild members literally didn't show up. No logins since a week ago. Not that anyone can help that, but it sure did suck.
    crambert_necJadenJenng
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    edited March 2018
    NO !
    @kaz So I would like to to answer something for me. How do you find it fair that I have grinded and grinded hour and hours to lvl 23 max and on lvl 28.3 in challenge can have a guild member doing over 200 stars (on 28.3) more than me because they are a much lower level 19 and dont have pink star survivors. Makes me look crap in my guild and that I'm slacking off. Why do lower level players get the advantage ? Why don't higher levle players make more stars ? How is that fair ?
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    edited March 2018
    NO !

The man has Voodoo in his blood!

* edited to add
    * full disclosure, I’m Lvl 59 Base and Lvl 19 Survivors..

That has been my success and I am positive
    without 1 min gas, it wouldn’t have happened!

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia