Question for the old timers

ChispChisp Member Posts: 43
I have one pink star for each class. Two of the one pink star for bruisers, in fact. Question is: it is better to have lots of one star pinkies or just one with 2 or 3 pink stars?
TheMaltesian

Comments

  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,771
    Best thing is to have as many pink stars as possible in each class. Like one survivor in each class.

    So to ask your question, 2nd option.


    There's a huge performance increase between 1 and 2 pink stars, even higher between 2 to 3.
    Pinks in general are awesome.
    JenngTheMaltesianGovernator
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Focus on the best survivor of each class and take them to double or triple pink rather than spreading it out and having multiple single pink star survivors of the same class.

    I'm pretty sure that's what you're talking about. This was a mistake I made in my first year of playing.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    bladgieranniesprinklesTheMaltesian
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,771
    Scout Joyce
    Assault Dan
    Bruiser Blake
    Hunter Martin
    Shooter Ryan

    Those are the ones that drew my attention the most.

    U got some good warriors as well.
    kamilowaty
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 106
    I got a question. Are the piercing trait (reduce chance of body shot by X%) and ICC (increase critical chance by X%) the same thing? For example does a gold piercing trait which reduces the chance of body shot by 30% combine with a 10% ICC badge to equal 40% critical chance and/or reduced body shot or is there a difference between critical damage and head shot?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,566
    Piercing and crit chance are two separate things. If you have gold piercing and 10% crit chance against walkers +5 your level you'll have a 30% chance of a normal attack and 3% of those will be a critical hit. At least that's how I understand it @JBreeze38
    Forever Wild Walking B)
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 106
    Oh wow I didn't realize the level of the walkers were part of the equation. @WellyLuga
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    @JBreeze38
    You might find this helpful
    https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/combat-mechanics/

    It explains much of the combat mechanics which is where walker level is taken into affect.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

    JBreeze38
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 106
    Also I'm guessing under the new difficulty settings the weekly high scores will be a lot lower? Like my previous high was 1479 but I can't imagine coming near that number but on the flipside a lot less mindless grinding
    anniesprinkles
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 106
    @ShadowaceAz Good stuff. Basically it's quitting time when you reach +5 ASL unless you're really trying to invest time and $$$. Thanks for the info.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    I disagree, my lvl 19s have gotten to RSL 25 a few times without much pink ✩ action.

    They get beaten up, but make it. Also keep in mind when you start getting more pink ✰’s the RSL is altered by ASL.

    So a 19 at 3 pink stars is the same combat mechanics as a 22. So they could go to RSL 27 before hitting the +5.

    Does that make sense?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

    anniesprinkles
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 106
    @Chisp I would say Maggie all day. That harvest red trait combined with the +20/30% xp vest is always my lead hero for the most part. You combine all that with the 2xp bundle and you will load up on the xp fast but that's my approach. I would consider Abe also because he is good for defending outpost because of hero trait.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    Also a hunter, scout, shooter charge attack is _always_ a critical hit. RSL does not matter, so Sasha gives a charge point % when you get a body shot. So using Sasha if your shooter gets 2 body shots in, the third shot is a potential crit.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

    anniesprinkles
  • TheMaltesianTheMaltesian Member Posts: 46
    I jumped in this thread thinking you wanted advice from an old person.... lol

    Great question and great helpful replies!
    David_H79ShadowaceAz
Sign In or Register to comment.