Google Maps Will Power TWD: Our World - First Gameplay Trailer!

SCBMApsychwolfTHCrossDLich

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,081
    Man I cant wait for pokemon
    RonfoxTVrudjawolpsychwolfTHCross
  • RonfoxTVRonfoxTV Member Posts: 42
    > @Drunken said:
    > Man I cant wait for pokemon

*walkers
    DrunkenTHCross
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    It was Ingress that created the data for Pokémon which in turn is now feeding TWD.

AND I pretty much stopped playing Ingress almost 2 years ago. Hahaha
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

> @ShadowaceAz said:
    > It was Ingress that created the data for Pokémon which in turn is now feeding TWD.

Where did you find that info? I dont think twd is using any landmarks as game data.. would be awesome if they did.
    ShadowaceAz
    @RonfoxTV - I dont think twd is using any landmarks as game data.. would be awesome if they did.

Google foo is strong! It also says you’re wrong...
    The partnership will see world-famous landmarks, businesses and buildings, such as the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, the London Eye, and Burj Khalifa, integrated into the videogame, making exploring surroundings even more interactive and immersive.

“We are excited to partner with Google Maps, inarguably the best maps product in the world. With Google Maps, we can count on providing the most up-to-date location data, meaning that when new buildings or roads are built, we’ll have them in our game. This enables us to create an immersive experience, tied to the players’ location. Google Maps’ unrivalled amount of location data, covering world-famous landmarks, businesses and buildings, such as the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, the London Eye, Burj Khalifa and India Gate, makes exploring your surroundings a breathtaking experience,” said Teemu Huuhtanen, CEO, Next Games in a statement.

The Walking Dead: Our World will allow players to fight walkers on the streets, in the park, on their sofa, wherever and whenever they want, alongside characters from the show, including Rick, Daryl, and Michonne. While Google Maps will provide the most up-to-date location data, meaning that when new buildings or roads are built, they’ll be in the videogame.
    Concordia

RonfoxTV
    Ingress release date - November 15, 2012 - developer Niantic
    Pokémon Go release date - July 6, 2016 - developer Niantic

The Walking Dead meets Pokémon Go in upcoming AR game
    Next Games promises a “first-of-its-kind location based augmented reality mobile game...

Um, No.
    Concordia

RonfoxTV
    edited March 2018
    > @ShadowaceAz said:
    > Google foo is strong! It also says you’re wrong... The partnership will see world-famous landmarks, businesses and buildings, such as the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, the London Eye, and Burj Khalifa, integrated into the videogame, making exploring surroundings even more interactive and immersive.

I was thinking this was just going to be a visual effect. So you could see the buildings in your map. But wont effect gameplay or anything..
    Well, articles mention you will have to turn on the flashlight when you round the dark corner... types of things, so I assume the buildings come in play.

I’m just interested to see how many people playing start breaking laws like Pokémon Go players were doing, as well as Ingress but to a lesser affect back in the beginning. We used to be a small enough playerbase we policed each other world wide. Then newspaper articles and commercials started advertising and we had many people join that didn’t respect things like graveyards, no trespassing, private property, etc and many of us lost interest because we got tired of talking to police and public officials.

Same thing as Geocaching which my family has done since about 2003. Again, many people don’t care about historical sites and such so a lot of places started posting “No augmented reality games”

We will see. I will just sit back and watch the fireworks.

If NG thinks keeping this place calm is a lot of work, just wait. A very shocking surprise is waiting for them. Let’s see how they react when someone is caught at say the Trinity Missle site, or Mount Rushmore, who has jumped a fence to come in after hours or decided they didn’t want to pay admission.

Geocaching even shut down Disney Land once. Hahaha Bomb scare and all.
    Concordia

• MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    What if you don't have world famous locations anywhere near? :D

Some negative publicity will do wonders for the number of downloads though! :/

I think I'll just kill the ones in my house first. I don't see anyone playing Pokémon anymore. Would I look like coming royally late to the party if I moved outside with such an AR game now? That crowd was laughed at big time.

Now, if it was something integrated into my glasses, or as a contact lense. Or if I could just put on my VR and roam the streats from my lazy couch...

In the end my curiousity will get me outside though... maybe at 2 am first to be sure. :p
    Jenngjimmorrison369
    edited March 2018
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > What if you don't have world famous locations anywhere near? :D

They dont have to be world famous.. or famous. In the screenshot you see a city nearby me. They made the whole place in 3D. Download google earth to see what your area looks like :)

Also check out this video:
    ShadowaceAz
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    Nice, here's two screens. Only one is from the rough vicinity of where I live.
    Hint, it's not the nice 3D one. :p

Dude, we are almost neighbors.

That’s a nice area. :smirk:
    Concordia

MadPuppy
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > Nice, here's two screens. Only one is from the rough vicinity of where I live.
    > Hint, it's not the nice 3D one. :p

Yeaah thats too bad. Then there still be some basic squares you can also see in google maps.. but nothing fancy.
    MadPuppy