REWARDS

13»

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I believe @DLich posts in this thread have put this into such context NG surely can't leave it as it is.

I don't think it's a ploy to make us pay for TG. I just think they didn't notice that TG income would be reduced.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @I_Am_Psycho

If that is the case then this is one of the worse ran companies. They have another major oops going right now as well that they haven't fixed yet
    I_Am_PsychoCronus
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @Drunken
    It's definitely a big oops. There seem to have been some late changes to what they were including with the update (eg Council upgrade).

The way I see it the dev team just had too many balls up in the air to juggle, and missed some finer details. Then they give duff info to @Kaz to explain to us.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    T_storm69
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @DLich not laughing so much at your post, but you’re like my son. As a kid when others were playing chutes and ladders, he was making things and calculating how far he could launch LEGO blocks.

He passed his tests in high school using a slide rule because the math teacher showed him one but then said “don’t ask me to show you how it works because I really don’t get it. Buy a good calculator for the class.”

My sons response was, can I borrow it.. within a week he was using it instead of a calculator just to watch the teachers face go blank.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

DLichJadenGovernator
    @DLich you always have to take my numbers and make them prettier haha. I take the % lost and you take actual.

I guess my biggest issue I can see the #s and put it partially out there and understand you take a step further and post the visual aspect and people are like oh hey I’m losing TG at an alarming rate.

I use all excel in my calculation but don’t have the time to make it pretty and I appreciate that you do make it pretty opposed to copy and paste
    DLichJadenJenng
    Still true
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    If so, then the reconing in the shop is actually 16.000 TG. Or, previously it would have been 4.000 TG.
    At 100% inflation rate.
    :#
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,746
    I'm not naive enough to think that the reduced rewards is a mistake on their part. I doubt it was a glitch in the code.

I can't remember the exact number but they reduced rounds played by ~30% and that gas had to go somewhere. So to make up for the drop in mission played per player in the challenge they release a council update to get players to play scavenge missions and drop the weekly TG supply to encourage outpost missions.

It's a bit shady and sly but it is what it is.
    wrinkled_bagMurdoque
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    For 2 weeks in a row I have had a guildmate quit the game on a Sunday! I will give it 2 more challenges and if they don't fix the reward loss, I will either quit or asked to be moved to a none competitive guild in the family and just raid outpost till I vomit and then quit!!!

Absolutely hate the loss of rewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My trade goods level is down to my solo guild days!!!!!!!!
    Cronus
  • T_storm69T_storm69 Member Posts: 49
    > @DLich said:
    > Math is math. I can’t help but analyze math. It’s in my nature.

I nominate Dlich to replace Stephan Hawking on Big Bang Threroy.
    RIP Mr. Hawkings
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    I've got a question... according to the numbers, we're getting less tg's. In example 1 of @DLich's chart, we got 40,500 tg's for playing 45 rounds. Now we're getting around 23,000 tg's for playing 30 rounds. With the way the data is presented, we're "losing" 18k tg's. But 15 rounds of 6 missions each translates into 90 less missions (assuming no repeats). Since the low level grind was cut, let's assume 4 gas per mission, which is 360 gas. If the goal is tg's, that much gas for outpost missions could net 90k tg's, which makes up for the loss. Of course that's running more missions, but I always assumed that the goal of the UC was to cut the low-level grind, and implicit in that is that the tg's earned from those useless, mindless, stupid levels would not completely be retained. I guess I'm approaching this the way many players (myself included) lobbied against those who wanted xp, supplies, and low level gear from the mindless grind--namely that these resources could be attained from running scavenger missions or in another game mode with the gas that was saved.

Would it be possible to see the data round per round rather than lined up based on rsl? Or the number of tg rewards based on the amount of gas spent?

I'm not trying to get disagrees here, just looking at the data from a different perspective. I would love to get as many tg's as before, but if we're not running as many missions in the challenge to net that number of tg's, I'll just keep running outpost missions to make up for them.
    BttlOpenerI_Am_Psycho
    @sbf

Very first page has the rewards in a side by side. It takes completing 25 rounds in new format to hit 1k per round as where before it took 15 rounds. So not only are you doing less rounds the TG From the rounds are less.

The alleged purpose for the UC was to kill the grind, but if you are now having to raid you are still grinding. In fact raiding is worse than those mindless levels. You have 0 chance at components, you have increased chance of hospital stay, 0 chance of earning radios.

So honestly if you are just going to flip the grind to another aspect anyways I rather have the mindless grind that can net better rewards.
    MadPuppyDBonesCBgaming1969Jaden
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 969
    @sbf You get a disagree just because you stated you were not trying to get any. LOL

Having gotten that out of the way, I can't believe players are shocked NG wouldn't adjust the rewards accordingly. All players are running fewer challenge missions.
    @DLich 's math is sound and we, as players, have other avenues to procure TGs, XP and Supplies. That being said, I do believe there should be a round pass every 3rd time instead of 5.
    sbf
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Very well said @Drunken !!!!!!!!
    Cronus said:

For those arguing regarding where TGs can be earned in the game with the gas saved from grind reduction. You are missing the point. The basic question that has not been answered is why was the personal TG payout schedule nerfed? Prior to the latest UC, you'd begin earning 1,000 TGs at round 15. Now you don't start earning 1,000 TGs until round 25. That computes to 3,000 TGs less for completing the same number of rounds if you hit 25. This makes no sense at all. Add in the guild rewards nerf and it's a double whammy. If I earn 5,000 less TGs due to less grind (i.e. playing fewer rounds) I'm totally ok with that. What I'm not ok with is getting fewer TGs relative to the old challenge when doing the same number of rounds. The becomes a triple penalty (nerfing personal rewards, nerfing guild rewards, less grind). I can and will accept the less grind penalty for TGs. The other two....not so much. My TGs haven't been this low after a challenge since I was a solo player, and I'm only doing the hero and class tokens in the Trade Shop (not the 4,000 TG class tokens either). It's really disheartening when things are taken away needlessly.

All the rewards(TG, Phone, and even Crates are listed in this thread) are shown within this thread what the dilution is. There is roughly about 1/3 less grind, but rewards are earned at a much lower level. I have a full excel sheet on this. Dlich is nice and organized, mine is more simple straight in your face. I am sure NG will eventually change this but do not expect it to be a huge change.

Since my massive nerd rage on bundles there has been improvement and it has been slow. NG is playing a dangerous game of attempting to maximize profit without giving out enough. Some of you think of me as an idiot, but I predicted this. I predicted TG would be dropped dramatically when they became greater in the bundle shop. If you pay attention you can forecast things in games. NG is trying to find that medium of where they gain the most with giving up the least. Kind of dishearting when they turned huge numbers last year.
    CronusCBgaming1969
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,265
    Here's an analogy that most should be able to relate to.

You are working for a company that had required mandatory overtime for the last year. While the added pay is nice the 60 hour weeks are killing your work/life balance. Your employer realizes the burnout is a very real thing as long time, valuable employees are quitting the company over the long work hours. Your employer finally hires more people and everyone can return to the 40 hour work week. As you look over your next paycheck you notice that with the return to 40 hour weeks your pay has been reduced 15% compared to what it was prior to the mandatory overtime period. Your employer explains to you that since you have additional free time now with the elimination of overtime that you can choose to get another job using those extra hours to return your pay level to what it was previously.

Does that sound absurd to anyone?
    DrunkenMadPuppycrambert_necDBones
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Cronus said:

Here's an analogy that most should be able to relate to.

You are working for a company that had required mandatory overtime for the last year. While the added pay is nice the 60 hour weeks are killing your work/life balance. Your employer realizes the burnout is a very real thing as long time, valuable employees are quitting the company over the long work hours. Your employer finally hires more people and everyone can return to the 40 hour work week. As you look over your next paycheck you notice that with the return to 40 hour weeks your pay has been reduced 15% compared to what it was prior to the mandatory overtime period. Your employer explains to you that since you have additional free time now with the elimination of overtime that you can choose to get another job using those extra hours to return your pay level to what it was previously.

Does that sound absurd to anyone?

Did know you work in the finance department for the State of Arizona. Now that I do, I’ll hit ya up PM for some inside info on next year missing benefits package?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia