2.10 Balance changes discussion thread

Comments

• kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    @CBgaming1969 so why you didn't say so from the beginning that you prefer to grind a lot lower levels repeatedly? That's completely different thing than loss of a stars. I would much rather play Distance, and it's only 2 days a week. You can play challenge for more days. If you completed on Friday, that might be very well for multiple reason @crambert_nec perfectly pointed out.

That's why I believe NG should make an option of two different versions of challenge - for grind lovers and challenge lovers, OR, increase number of Round Passes player can get and make them optional to use at start of each challenge. You want to grind - fine, not use RPs at all, if you want challenging action use them all and get straight to business.

This current format will not make any of those camps happy.
    crambert_necJaden
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    @kkatsu it's not a grind to me, but I don't mind starting at a higher lvl, just not such a high starting lvl. After round passes kick in I'm so much closer to my max...

But again it's all reward lvl based...the more you play the more rewards and the less you play the less rewards.

Round passes every 3 rounds would have been the fairest way to balance the challenge for everybody...

But NG is never going to do that...

What is weird as all get out is some players on here not getting the star loss and complaining about the grind while bring up examples of the difference between their 3 accounts with different toon lvl's...weird....
    JayZ
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    @CBgaming1969 got it. Our discussion just confirms that there is still room for some improvements by NG in challenge mode. At the stage of game we are in apparently we have slightly different goals and expectations from Challenge mode. I hope that after few weeks we will hear back from them and see what kind of further improvements will be done.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,538

Bonus stars are negligible in the grand scheme of things.

A player that has 7 RP's earns 31 more stars than a player with 0 RP's assuming both players Mirror (perfect) eachother regarding where they end up.

If you earned 7 RP's last week (making it through RSL 33.2) and play this week and only earn 5 RP's (making it through 30.1) the difference in "bonus stars" is 12. 7RP's will earn 31 total bonus; 5 RP's will earn 19 total bonus.

The main benefit is obviously playing less rounds... But comparing playing less rounds because you can't physically advance (as this challenge fight it out will get to eventually) as opposed to challenges like Kaboom where players continually blow numbers out of the water it's easy to see that the "bonus stars" aren't too different.

The difference comes in how far you advance

Kaboom, a player earning 7 RP's would have earned 963 stars alone in round completion stars (assuming they started with 7 RP's.) If they had 0 RP's they would have earned 932 stars from round completion stars. This is a difference of 31.

Fight it out, a player earning 5 RP's would have earned 648 stars alone in round completion stars (assuming they started with 7 RP's.) If they had 0 RP's they would have earned 617 stars from round completion stars. This is a difference of 31.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @DLich you are depressing me!
    a player earning 7 RP's
    I earned 3!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

DLichromeo
    Wow @DLich the mathematician, )
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,462
    have no fears drunk is here.

Green in gold crates is working as intended. Its a special gear that gives you super duper poo power!
    CBgaming1969Jaden
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    edited March 2018
    So it's now level 22s start at 17? I'm so confused. I started at 17 this week, wasn't expecting to until I had more than two level 23 survivors. @Kaz could you please update the announcement to show what ALL levels are? Right now it says

- Players with three survivors at Level 20 will start at Difficulty 15
    - Players with three survivors of Level 23 or higher will start at Difficulty 17

But last week with a bunch of 21s and two 22s I started at 16, which isn't even MENTIONED in the announcement. This week with multiple 22s and ZERO 23s I started at 17. So does anyone start at 16? Was that some sort of weird glitch, or was it changed?

I finished 27.2 last week with a few stars lost and got slightly into 27.3, ended with 814 stars. I'm just about to finish 27.2 and I've got 713 stars. Kind of a drag, as I was not expecting to be starting at 17 so I trained ahead of gear, so I don't think I'll be able to get to a higher RSL this week. Plus of course I'll earn three round passes, when last week I earned four.

Edit to add: So from @DLich 's chart above, entitled Level 22+ start 17 etc., this is I guess something that has been known? WTF? Why does the official announcement say something that isn't true? Why didn't the news announce this fairly major change? I'm feeling very frustrated.
    Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
    valereee said:

Edit to add: So from @DLich 's chart above, entitled Level 22+ start 17 etc., this is I guess something that has been known? WTF? Why does the official announcement say something that isn't true? Why didn't the news announce this fairly major change? I'm feeling very frustrated.

According to the old formula, which is somewhere, and I’m fairly sure NG mods confirmed at one time, it should be:
    X = Highest lvl survivor
    Y = Second highest lvl survivor
    Z = Third highest lvl survivor

Formula was
    (X+Y+Z) multiplied by .7 then divided by 3 then add 1 and remove remainder

(((22+22+22)x0.7)/3)+1=16.4

Which should still put you at 16??

Can @Shteevie or @Kaz check and confirm for us?
    Concordia

valereee

Someone posted this on another thread from support. The announcement is incorrect it seems.

valereee
    I wonder if Lily could get the whole listing if she asked as a follow up question?
    Concordia

• MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 624
    I love this week with Assaults starting fully charged, BUT why has the weekly class bonus been scrapped?
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    @DLich and that's the CORRECTED announcement. Honestly, what is with the communications issues at NG? It just seems chaotic. How hard can it be to simply provide correct information? It feels like no one who talks to us knows what's actually going on, and no one who knows what's actually going on talks to us.
    paintbeast
    Hehehe...SNORT...hehehe......

correct information you say....

HA...HA...
    valereeepaintbeastJaden
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 301

valereee said:

According to the old formula, which is somewhere, and I’m fairly sure NG mods confirmed at one time, it should be:
    X = Highest lvl survivor
    Y = Second highest lvl survivor
    Z = Third highest lvl survivor

Formula was
    (X+Y+Z) multiplied by .7 then divided by 3 then add 1 and remove remainder

(((22+22+22)x0.7)/3)+1=16.4

Which should still put you at 16??

Can @Shteevie or @Kaz check and confirm for us?
    Can someone confirm what 3 level 19's would be starting RSL? According to this formula it would remain at RSL 14.
    I have 1 20 and rest 19’s started at 14.
    Mate has all 19’s started at 14.
    Concordia

RWS
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 301
    Thanks @ShadowaceAz
    It's based on your top 3 survivor level...you can have 2 20 lvl's and rest 19 and same starting difficulty as 3 lvl 19's. You can have 2 lvl 21's and the rest 19 and the starting difficulty will still be based of of lvl 19 survivors and so on.
    RWS said:
    My concern for the statement that might have been made by someone else, is it could be incorrect.

If the formula is right, the result says it will be affected if you have 20’s x2

(((20+20+19)×0.7)÷3)+1=14.76666666666667
    If it is Rounded to the nearest whole, that would place you at 15.

Remember buyer beware

I’d find someone to confirm it if you think starting one higher might affect you.
    Concordia

• SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 104
    edited March 2018
    I got to survivor level +7 for the first time ever (finished round 20, would have been 26ish before). If this was the old challenge, I would have easily set my personal best - can we please have an option to reset that score to our post-patch best? It's frustrating to see "980" in there and know it's wildly out of reach.

I really had fun with this week's challenge. I had three different survivor setups depending on the map, which was a first. Can we leave assaults starting charged all the time? SO handy.
    edited March 2018
    @Kaz @Teeceezy I've been pretty patient since the question came up on Friday, but it's now been four days. Can someone please answer these questions?
    @Kaz @Teeceezy still hoping for an answer
    @SomeOne

Please help that poor lady out!
    Thank you!
    Concordia

DLich said:

We'll see what the weekend event is but IMO...

If the update drops tuesday 3/6 then friday 3/9 - sunday 3/11 would be great to have a 2x supply weekend event (for those looking to upgrade buildings) then the following weekend (or better yet the weekend after that) have a double xp kill 5 second weekend upgrade for survivors and gear

Maybe 3/2 - 3/4 run 1 minute gas (to give players a chance to get supplies to max)
    Maybe 3/9 - 3/11 run double supplies (after council update so we can earn supplies to upgrade Training Grounds or Workshop)
    Maybe 3/16 - 3/18 run herd (players still gaining supplies to finish up building supplies)
    Maybe 3/23 - 3/25 run double xp on kills + 5 second upgrade weekend (perfect timing since buildings should be upgraded by then and then we can go HAM on upgrading survivors and gear

Ideally @NG this would be a perfect plan of weekend events for the next few weeks.

Can I just point out they have done 2 of my suggested events back to back... *pats self on back*

paintbeastromeo
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 180
    @DLich hate to burst your bubble but we had the free badge swap event in between!
    SCBMADLich
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 154
    Can not stand this new event less *grind* bs
    crambert_nec
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    But you can still grind as much as you like! What's stopping you? @mobbie
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    edited March 2018
    mobbie said:

Can not stand this new event less *grind* bs

Not everything is about the grind,
    but the grinding makes all the difference!

@Pig,
    Maybe his local laws are different.

Concordia

paintbeastRouvinatorDBonesiamedge
  • RouvinatorRouvinator Member Posts: 108
    Grind em all
    @Kaz @Teeceezy Seriously, you're just going to ignore my pleas for some explanation?