Who is better shooter?

HatefulHateful Member Posts: 45
edited March 2018 in Strategy Discussion
Hey, I have been using Jordan from the beggining of the game. Recently I got a legendary shooter. I like his traits but is it worth investing in him? I dont like that he has dodge because it doesnt not work good when a walker is 5 lvls above.

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,139
    Jeff because ruthless
    capibaraGovernator
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 301
    Jeff is perfect imo, he us the ultimate high level challenge shooter. Only marksman may be missed but he has no traits to drop in exchange for that.
    capibaraanthony172
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,918
    I only agree
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,433
    These are really two good complementary Shooters and there are maps and situations where their traits will suit you well. Missing Marksman on Jeff is no big deal as you'd want to put as many damage badges (up to 3) on him as you are able (%badges for damage on Shooters if possible give you the most value). Then add crit damage badges too to maximize his Ruthless trait. You already have Jordan to a high level and with Vigilant pair him with a High Powered weapon to put him in situations where you can use Overwatch when needed and get value from his Vigilant trait.

I'd probably grade Jeff as unicorn-ish and he's the perfect paring with your already stud Shooter. As for Dodge I understand what you're saying but honestly at +5 RSL and above the game mechanics for Dodge changes a crit attack from a walker to a normal attack when Dodge fires. That's the difference between beating a tough level or dropping to the ground in a crumpled mass of dead flesh (surviving a tough round with heavy injury is always better than a crumpled mass). I'd proceed upgrading Jeff and never looking back.
    Governatoranthony172
  • kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 148
    edited March 2018
    Jeff is better than Jordan and without doubt worth pink stars.
    anthony172
  • NubTubedNubTubed Member Posts: 31
    Yeah I keep both but I would start investing into jeff
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 738
    I just ran into a similar situation. I've had Eva forever but always wished she had ruthless, than I get Jessica and think I'm set but over the last couple weeks, the revenge trait is starting to grow on me. Not sure I play enough to support growing both them... who should I choose?

• CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,433
    If you're into the distance hard mode then you want a shooter with ruthless. If you're maxing out on challenges and fell limited by Eva then I'd start bringing up Jessica. Otherwise for now I wouldn't have any issue taking Eva to double pink and then starting on Jessica. I think you can go pretty far with Eva as a primary shooter. My almost 3 pink shooter has Lucky-Dodge-Sure Shot-Revenge-Vigilant. Both your shooters probably grade out as better traited than that.
    Juggalo420jimmorrison369
    Cronus said:

If you're into the distance hard mode then you want a shooter with ruthless. If you're maxing out on challenges and fell limited by Eva then I'd start bringing up Jessica. Otherwise for now I wouldn't have any issue taking Eva to double pink and then starting on Jessica. I think you can go pretty far with Eva as a primary shooter. My almost 3 pink shooter has Lucky-Dodge-Sure Shot-Revenge-Vigilant. Both your shooters probably grade out as better traited than that.

It just took me sooo long to get Eva to pink and I'm like 3000 away from double pink....and Jessica is about 1000 from pink. I guess now I really want a lucky/dodge/iron skin/revenge/ruthless shooter now, I'm just not sure what to do until I find my unicorn.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,184
    Jessica is the unicorn shooter IMO but I guess everyone has a different idea of what they think is perfect :smile:
    WellyLuga said:

Jessica is the unicorn shooter IMO but I guess everyone has a different idea of what they think is perfect :smile:

I thought that too until recently. Under normal gaming conditions I think it is but when playing +5 RSL and up Revenge is pretty nice. You're going to pretty much always be hit so this gives you an extra attack each turn.
    jimmorrison369
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Honestly I got a bruiser who has 10.5k health and 80% reduction in overwatch. She can take a pounding thinking about it a shooter with revenge could be very useful....
    Wish NG would let us reroll a stat on a toon, my shooter has BD, I would take almost anything other than BD, but I am so invested already that I might as well keep him.
    Drunken said:

Honestly I got a bruiser who has 10.5k health and 80% reduction in overwatch. She can take a pounding thinking about it a shooter with revenge could be very useful....

Exactly. My bruiser isn't quite as good as yours but when I tried this strategy (shooter behind bruiser) in the last challenge it let me get 2 stars on most missions up to +7 RSL due to the revenge attack each turn.
    Gosh now I need a revenge shooter :(
    Drunken said:

Gosh now I need a revenge shooter :(

My opinion turned 180 on revenge... couple weeks ago I hated it, now I'm not sure I want to play without it!
    Does long range and pierce factor into revenge? Or is it guaranteed body shot and short range? That would impact the use of it as well. Range of revenge is easy tested pierce is much harder and riskier.

If you do not mind just be mindful of that and keep us updated :)
    Not sure about pierce but long range definitely is because Revenge says "any attacks within range"
    Would naturally assume that if weapon traits are being used(long range) then pierce would be also triggered in shots as well