After mission Gold Crate data collection thread

DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
If you are presented with a gold crate I ask if you can post a screen shot of if/when/where you opened it.

Primarily the information I'm looking for are...

Screen shots where the gold crate was opened in the first 3 unlocks
Screen shots where the gold crate was opened in the second 3 unlocks
Screen shots where the gold crate was opened (or not opened) in the final 3 unlocks.

Although it's very important to know the exact place (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) in which the gold crate was opened, I think for simplicity sake we can divide it into 3 groups. 1st three. 2nd three. 3rd three.

I'm curious where the Gold Crate falls and would like to collect some data from the community.

Thanks in advance.

*edited to add... The contents of the crate are irrelevant for this data sample. I'm not encouraging players to spend 25 gold to unlock the final 3 to show what it contains. There is no need to advise of what RSL it was, where it was (challenge or scavenger) or type.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
TJSGovernatormsapaev

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,910
    Actually, only a screen shot from first 3 crates can already verify if chances are worse for the first 3 crates.

This is the actual debate right? Are the first 3 crates less fruitfull than the pther ones?
    DLich
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @jimmorrison369 If Gold Crate is present and not unlocked in the first 3 is what I primarily want to see.

If all things are equal, then for every 2 screen shots of it not being opened in the first set there should be 1 screen shot of it being opened in the first set (1/3 chance opened in first set; 2/3 chance it's not opened in the first set).

If someone spends on an ad and doesn't get it on the second set, then i'm curious about those also.

1) Opened in 1st set
    2) Opened in 2nd set
    3) Not opened in 2nd set

That's the data I want to see. The 2nd and 3rd points are kinda the same.

jimmorrison369
  • NezoNezo Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2018
    A pair of results for you:
    2nd set after video (1 gold crate)
    1st set (2 gold crates)

*edit added 3rd result
    1st set again (1 gold crate)
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    @DLich Have you any statistics on the percentage of players who pay gold for the final 3 boxes and how often they do that? Without a large data set and reasonable information on the diversity of player behaviour, the resulting data is going to be very unreliable.
    DLich
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,686
    Wow, not many gold crates being got, or no one gives a shit. :smile: I'm thinking it's the latter. You would have got skewed results anyway, mainly as it would have been people just posting if they had to spend gold!
    DLich
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited March 2018
    I haven't been taking screen shots @DLich but I am keeping notes.

I'll give you my data at the end of the challenge once I have a larger sample.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    People should not be giving Dlich shit for this experiment honestly .. I swear some posters here have nothing better to do than pick apart every little piece of other people's community contributions.. being contrarion does nothing for the community , it just satisfies a sense of smugness like that South Park episode where everyone gets smart cars and starts sustaining themselves on the smell of their own farts .. even if the figures aren't exact and it doesn't actually prove anything beyond reasonable doubt , why not let the man do his data thing and involve the community which are both positives?
    jimmorrison369DLichShadowaceAzpaintbeast
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    edited March 2018
    Japes87 said:

I swear some posters here have nothing better to do than pick apart every little piece of other people's community contributions.. being contrarion does nothing for the community

If the definition of what's wanted is unclear or if there seems to be a potential flaw in the stats, better to ask about that earlier rather than later. Maybe DLich has the answers, if not he could take account of that now. That's actually constructive, unlike

, it just satisfies a sense of smugness like that South Park episode where everyone gets smart cars and starts sustaining themselves on the smell of their own farts .

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited March 2018
    After careful consideration I do feel that because the data types I'm looking for can easily be skewed it's almost pointless to continue this thread with data collection.

When I made threads like I want to be like Charlie Bucket I posted the "worst of the worst". There were times in between where I might have gotten the gold crate in the 2nd or 1st spot and didn't post it (as the general theme of the thread was "the worst of the worst".

It's very easy for players in the community to do the same. Show only the worst or show only the best to prove or disprove my point.

All I can say is in my experience it seems that the gold crate does not appear equally distributed between thirds. This was an idea to try and get some data together and see if my conclusion was correct.

@MadPuppy or @David_H79 or @zbot you can close this thread please :)

*** Note *** I am not asking for this thread to be closed because of the nay sayers who don't believe there is any issue... I am asking for it to be closed because as some have mentioned unless I get every screen shot from everyone every time the data can be skewed.

• David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    Done
    DLich
This discussion has been closed.