Questions for NG Thread

OFTEN IMPORTANT QUESTIONS ARE ASKED BUT ARE OFTEN ARE MISSED
This is understandable as many questions are in different threads and easily missed

I'm creating this thread so questions that are raised in different threads can either be re-asked or links can be added here in one easy spot to be found.

:warning: Hopefully this will be a benefit to players and NG alike but I stress caution must be taken when posting a question here.

:star: Is your question important to all or many players?
:star: Is your question constructive to the NML community?

These are just a couple of examples you need to take into consideration before posting. Keep questions constructive and try to use this thread for what you consider to be important questions in order for this thread to be affective.

I'm tagging @Kaz & @Shteevie here so they will be aware of this thread and hopefully find and give answers to your 'important' or 'missed' questions.
-
TJS  -  Member of W-S
Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
Troublemakeranthony172Japes87ShadowaceAzCaptainslayerSPC_TORRESAmBushJenng

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited March 2018
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    To start the thread going....

Several players have asked this question in atleast one other thread which I believe many players would like to see answered.

In after mission crates, when atleast one gold crate is available are the odds of selecting that gold crate in the first 3 selections the same as in the next 3 selections and the last 3 selections?

Basically are the chances of opening the gold crate equal in selections 1-3, 4-6 & 7-9?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    WellyLugaDLichSPC_TORRESJenng
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 652
    There's gonna be more chapters?
    Jenng
    edited March 2018
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    1RisGindyR2runfast
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,458
    WAIT

Who is interviewing who?
    JenngDLich
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,043
    TJS said:

QUESTIONS FROM THIS THREAD

21st March
    - TJS asked THIS QUESTION
    [Answer Pending]

@TJS a suggestion on formatting this post. I think it would be helpful instead of saying "THIS QUESTION", you provided a quick summary of the question. For example, in the quote I highlighted above, you could say:

That would make it a bit easier for people to find the questions that interest them and jump immediately to those, instead of clicking through every link.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Captainslayer1RisTJSJenng
  • AmBushAmBush Member Posts: 100
    I have a question which i have seen asked a few times but not answered
    Could we Guild Leaders, have a one time Guild Name change ?

Zombie Stompers U.K. Based Guild.Currently Recruiting (18/20)

Note:

• Level 20+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 250+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 61, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

JenngDLichTJShuskersoxfan
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 2,880
    Following because I like to know stuff.

SPC_TORRESR2runfast
    Thanks for the advice @JayZ
    Much appreciated. Looks much better.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,043
    TJS said:

Thanks for the advice @JayZ
    Much appreciated. Looks much better.

It looks awesome now! I can't wait to come back in a few days and see an updated list of questions (hopefully along with some answers).
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    TJSJaden
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 496
    edited November 2018
    Please make a gut suit armor trait that makes u camouflaged by entrails (or whisperer suit) and every time you make an attack (similar to wrestler being less effective each turn), you take progressively more damage as the camouflage wears off, or take no damage till it wears off completely, somthing to that effect. I guess I have more ideas than questions
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
  • RedBordeauxRedBordeaux Member Posts: 2
    When I rule the world... when you use all gold badge components you will get a gold badge!
    Jenng
    I remember my questions!

1. Why do goo walker explosions not affect free men?
    2. I have kids using my memorial tent for sex acts, can you please repurpose that building?
    3. What is this new double tap charge I’m hearing about?
    Captainslayer
    edited March 2018
    afroponix said:

Please make a gut suit armor trait that makes u more noticeable from your camouflaged entrails your wearing every time you make an attack (similar to wrestler being less effective each turn). I guess I have more ideas than questions

That would probably be best posted in the 'Suggested Ideas' thread.

When I rule the world... when you use all gold badge components you will get a gold badge!

Not sure if this is a question, idea or a plot to 'rule the world' as you say.
    Nevertheless, the crafting odds can be found in crafting screen.
    50% Leg. 50% Epic from all Legendary components.

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    One more question. Can someone tell me what the RSL system people use to describe where they’re at in the challenge?
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 959
    JayZ said:

WAIT

Who is interviewing who?

Calm down. No one is interviewing anyone else. We all know that's your job. These are questions about the game for NG staff to answer.
    The proper response is "Keep your shirt on @Pain_Walker (and we mean this), nobody is taking your interviewing job as far as you know."
    anthony172MadPuppyJenng
    Question: how does the auto-trash feature work when it comes to weapons and armor? I.e., does it first trash by lowers value/highest value? Or does it function high or low rarity? Or by upgraded items or not or leveled up items or not? How long you have had the item or is it a new item?

Hopefully you get the essence of my question
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 978
    @afroponix rsl is recommended survivor level, which is the previous way difficulty was described in game. Rsl generally meant level 23 walkers.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    JenngTJS
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 978
    As for item scrap, it basically goes by lowest value and works its way up. Epic and legendary gear are exempt. Length of ownership is not taken into account. This is all my personal opinion, so not speaking for ng, and if it's wrong it's still my fault.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    Jennganthony172TJSafroponix
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,391
    edited March 2018
    Those of us who came late to the game did not get a “Memorial Tent

I have read however it was needed to upgrade to build up your camp. As we no longer have that option, does that mean we can not get our base/player level to the same height as those who can before it was removed?

This is what I am speaking of.
    Second part of that would be, why can’t newer players have it also? Like the Rufus freebie, this just seems a bit unfair to those who had not yet heard of the game.

I would love to have one in my camp.
    @Shteevie or @Kaz?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    NG did @Guapo change his name from @El_Guapo ? That’s my question for NG.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    edited March 2018
    @ShadowaceAz
    The memorial building (was used when deadly missions were part of the game) it is now completely unused and therefore useless. Having it or not does not affect your overall BP.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    edited March 2018
    I'm still waiting for some explanation of why I started at RSL17 when I trained from level 21s to level 22s, when the balance changes announcement clearly states that those with more than 2 23s will start at 27. This miscommunication has cost me a lot of stars. I'm starting to feel as if I should simply not believe or trust what's communicated in announcements, which is very frustrating.

Here is what the balance announcement STILL says:

- Players with three survivors at Level 20 will start at Difficulty 15
    - Players with three survivors of Level 23 or higher will start at Difficulty 17

@Kaz @Teeceezy
    Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
    TJS
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,391
    @valereee

I’m sorry you haven’t found an answer, however the formula has been shown in threads, I didn’t @ tag you in that one. I cannot speak for NG obviously, but my guess was because they tried to be as informative as possible without spelling out every combination. Or maybe as was posted somewhere, they leave some things for players to figure out as part of the experience

Anyway, to answer your question, I believe this still holds true, and the examples you gave match it perfectly.
    Starting level for challenges can be determined using this: (X+Y+Z) multiplied by .7 then divided by 3 then add 1 and remove remainder.

The list would be huge if I started at 1, so only doing the ones from the announcement and the areas in your question:
    (((10+10+10)×0.7)÷3)+1=8
    (((15+15+15)×0.7)÷3)+1=11
    (((19+19+18)×0.7)÷3)+1=14
    (((19+19+19)×0.7)÷3)+1=14
    (((20+20+19)×0.7)÷3)+1=14
    (((20+20+20)×0.7)÷3)+1=15
    (((21+21+20)×0.7)÷3)+1=15
    (((21+21+21)×0.7)÷3)+1=15
    (((22+22+21)×0.7)÷3)+1=16
    (((22+22+22)×0.7)÷3)+1=16
    (((23+23+22)×0.7)÷3)+1=16
    (((23+23+23)×0.7)÷3)+1=17
    This exactly fits what was said in the announcement;
    - Players with three survivors at Level 10 will start at Difficulty 8
    - Players with three survivors at Level 15 will start at Difficulty 11
    - Players with three survivors at Level 20 will start at Difficulty 15
    - Players with three survivors of Level 23 or higher will start at Difficulty 17

Does this help show what you are trying to figure out?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

jimmorrison3691Ris
    edited March 2018

Those of us who came late to the game did not get a “Memorial Tent

I have read however it was needed to upgrade to build up your camp. As we no longer have that option, does that mean we can not get our base/player level to the same height as those who can before it was removed?

This is what I am speaking of.
    Second part of that would be, why can’t newer players have it also? Like the Rufus freebie, this just seems a bit unfair to those who had not yet heard of the game.

I would love to have one in my camp.
    @Shteevie or @Kaz?
    Also unfair to those that came into the game early like me and got loads of extra Daryl tokens when they added more into the chapter missions, other things as well that I can’t remember...part of the reason I wail at NG for mistreating long time AND VERY LOYAL players

In other words if you played the chapter missions when the game came out you got screwed out of a lot of Daryl tokens added later
    @ShadowaceAz
    @valereee has no level 23 survivors but starts at Diff. 17 so it's not correct.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S