Talking Dead Event - most walkers kill

While, I don't want to complain about 'free' stuff.

But this event sounds lack luster - because the rewards are "epic" weapons. (thus BLUE 4stars) Which ultimately doesn't ever get used.
It might be neat for new players to get them.

For the players who have been playing for a while- especially the top players, know these weapons = vendor trash. And for this reason, it's not even worth trying.

ALSO- it would help if the players knew what the weapons looked like and their stats. Otherwise it's just a whatever event and don't care which one wins.

Rbredtthew_robertkkatsuwarlordfShadowaceAzZettebigbeano

Comments

• anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    I really like this event and i love the free weapons, even the epics. I dont think this event its a waste of time. But you're right at least i want to see the traits of each weapon so i can decide with whom i will play.
    El_Sarge
  • aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    I wish we could see what the traits are for these. From what I’ve seen the flamethrower isn’t that useful since it doesn’t stun. I wonder what the pistol has.
    anthony172Dodkong
  • sicariussicarius Member Posts: 57
    Epic as goals = useless for many (not all) players. If you're someone that uses them, that's great. Certainly CAN be used.
    But if you're trying to create interest, keep this game "fresh", and engage as many users as possible, this isn't the way to do it.

I could not care less about Epic weapons, and don't have a single leveled up Epic weapon in my armory. Won't even bother using any of the 3 characters this week.

Another 'almost there' idea from NG that isn't properly executed. And based on what we're seeing with guild recruiting, this game is starting to fade and can't afford tepid reactions from the user base.
    KillersZADPaq
  • thew_robertthew_robert Member Posts: 46
    I’ll take whatever NG doles out. Rarely use any of these hero’s, don’t expect I will for this event either.
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    Epic and level 23 for those of us that havent upgraded the training ground yet
  • ZachBaitZachBait Member Posts: 11
    Moot point of argument if we don't know what the stats are on these weapons right?

Could be EPIC terrible traits.

Sure, I will agree Epic can be useful if they have the right traits on them. But epic with crappy traits will just make it completely bad.
    sicarius
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 180
    I want that flamethrower -for the distance! Go RUFUS!
    DBonesSCBMA
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    ZachBait said:

But epic with crappy traits will just make it completely bad.

And the same applies to Legendary. Crappy traits will also make legendary gear useless.

They are giving us weapon for free. And in fact you don't have to do much to get it. We don;t know yet what will be the traits, so why complain already?

You don't like the event? Don't participate, just make sure you won't make a single kill with any of those three heroes and you will be safe. Otherwise you will be given for free some Epic stuff that you won't know what to do with it.
    ShannaraDBonesSCBMA
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    As others have said, the BBQ is crucial for quite a few Distance maps. I wouldn't care for the other 2 weapons as epic, but the BBQ is used more for it's 100% fire effect, so I'd gladly take it at any rarity.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    zivaoliviaDBonesbigbeano
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,293
    Yep, an epic weapon with killer traits is better than a legendary with useless traits. But I have a lot of legendary with killer traits. So, I never upgrade epic weapons

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

ShannaraJenngsicarius
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Anyone know if Epic BBQ has wide arc?

Or did I miss that question because I was outside ‘The Visible Arc’. :grin:
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Shannara said:

its like complaining about christmas presents about before you even got them

I will accept a unicorn that poops gold bars :wink:

& I use jesus all the time but only with wide arc weapon

I must humbly throw my hat in with
    @Shannara!
    Please add me to the Gold pooping Unicorns list.

Concordia

ShannaraDukeIronyGovernator
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,109
    I'm still slightly confused. So 1 character will win overall, and if we've killed the most with that person we get the prize. Or doesn't matter who you use and you'll the get prize from who gets most kills from everyone?
    SCBMA
    ZachBait said:

While, I don't want to complain about 'free' stuff.
    *^*    But you will anyways

But this event sounds lack luster - because the rewards are "epic" weapons. (thus BLUE 4stars) Which ultimately doesn't ever get used.
    It might be neat for new players to get them.

First, my ‘Street Creds’:

I have throughout my entire course of this game, had at least 1 if not 2 of my best teams weapons and gear be Epic quality! Unlike the extremely wealthy, or lucky, I do not have Legendary gear of my level for ever sing class in both armor and weapons. Never in my memory have I had the luxury of having Three ‘A’ team members decked in all Legendary gear.

My Best Survivors:
    My Best Gear:

please don’t speak for all and say Epic “Don’t ever get used”.

*I put two bruiser in because I don’t know if you consider Traits or Stars to be a better survivor and I’d hate for you to say I didn’t show all of them.
    Concordia

CBgaming1969bigbeanoSPC_TORRES
    It’s been said before by @Kaz that the ‘Info’ Button for Drop rates is dynamic.

If a change is made, for an event, or in general, those numbers automagically change. Right?

Well, then after making Multiple calls already and getting shit for results, I went to check the % chances and I notice this!

Notice the Hero’s are listed in BOTH areas.

So my questions after Suck results, @Kaz @Shteevie, are these;

1) If it’s dynamic, how are they in both?
    2) Do I have a 14% chance or 1.9% and 4.4% because I’m leaning toward the later based on calls.

Thank you for your consideration on these questions.
    Concordia

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited March 2018
    I completely agree @ShadowaceAz, while I have had my whole teams with all legendary gear before I currently have epics assigned to some. A perfect EPIC in my opinion is better than a scrappy legendary one.

I said it, scrappy legendary...

I bought 3 legendary assault in trade goods and they are just waiting for double xp scrapping event.

I will use a rare if it's cool enough for some types of combat...kingdom spear & pitchfork come to mind...used and upgraded common Rufus' reckoning that he came with...

Legendary is always better with exact same traits!!!!! But free EPIC is way better than the rare they used to give...plus it's a community event....

Never poo poo epics...
    ShadowaceAzzivaolivia

The free weapons are always epic, the epic flamethower is useful for the distance

Well, not exactly always, I’ve only been around awhile so I can’t do a @DLich and give you a spreadsheet or a chart, but I can say the Carol event Kingdom Spear was Legendary.

  I happily concede that was probably a one off, but I’d rather toss this in the ring before someone flames you for giving bad information. Yes;
    ‘Pumpkin Carver’ was Epic
    ‘Jugs of Moonshine’ were Epic (hehe brain can’t recall real name)
    ‘Spear of Destiny’ was Legendary.

Not sure I remember any others.. so :love: Peace and :heart: Happiness, you are the Captain and I am just a ‘Powder Monkey’. I shall return below deck.
    Concordia

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited March 2018
    They sold rare pitchfork in trade goods shop for trade goods as well...but most have been epic...
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    Epic gear? Sounds good, wait until you've got a useless trait.
    Then, you'll be complaining a lot
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @ZachBait

Not reading all the inbetween stuff, but this is a marketing ploy, you get the epic item, you level it you fall in love you then buy the legendary version. While most max players are not going to level epic gear, this is still a huge event for newer players. I have bought bundles because of epic items that were given to me. I got to learn what I like and went from there. It would be nice that if NG said something like if community hits X zombies killed with XYZ then gas and xp booster will be given to accommodate us max level players
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554

It’s been said before by @Kaz that the ‘Info’ Button for Drop rates is dynamic.

If a change is made, for an event, or in general, those numbers automagically change. Right?

Well, then after making Multiple calls already and getting shit for results, I went to check the % chances and I notice this!

Notice the Hero’s are listed in BOTH areas.

So my questions after Suck results, @Kaz @Shteevie, are these;

1) If it’s dynamic, how are they in both?
    2) Do I have a 14% chance or 1.9% and 4.4% because I’m leaning toward the later based on calls.

Thank you for your consideration on these questions.
    Can I answer this?? Please??? This is going to be fun!!

14% chance of special hero
    .2% chance of epic hero
    1.9% chance of rare hero
    2.1% chance of uncommon hero
    4.4% chance of common hero
    77.4% chance of survivor
    = Total of 100%

Ok there is 1 of 2 ways this works.

1) the 14% itself is like if the random number hits on this 14% then it'll randomly be one of those 4 survivors (Jerry, Jesus, Rufus, Maggie). The odds of getting any of these are evenly distributed. IE if it happens to be the 14% then it's a 25% chance it will be either one
    --- On a scale of 1000...

140 would be special her (14%) in which 35 would be Jerry, 35 would be Jesus, 35 would be Rufus, 35 would be Maggie. If you hit on that 14% of them, all 4 have an equal chance of appearing... No one is better than any other...

2) the 14% itself is like if the random number hits on this 14% then it'll be broken up percentage wise that they are rarity wise.
    --- Jerry & Rufus (in this instance) have a 1.9% chance each.
    --- Tara & Jesus (in this instance) have a 4.4% chance each.
    --- 4.4 + 4.4 + 1.9 + 1.9 = 12.6
    --- 4.4 / 12.6 = 35%
    --- 1.9 / 12.6 = 15%
    ---------- What I would conclude is
    ------ Jerry will show up 15% of the time when that 14% is hit
    ------ Rufus will show up 15% of the time when that 14% is hit
    ------ Tara will show up 35% of the time when that 14% is hit
    ------ Jesus will show up 35% of the time when that 14% is hit

Since that 14% is broken up between 4 heroes there's only 2 ways it can be received. Either the odds of all 4 of those are evenly distributed or they have the same ratio in there as they do not being in there.

The odds you see of 1.9% and 4.4% are accurate too. Similarly to the way I've described it above, if the RNG lands on the "Common hero" section... Then you have an equal chance of getting any random hero in that set (Jesus, Glenn, Dwight, Tara, Rosita, Dwight)

Since you are mixing Rare & Common hero's in that 14% I'm going to err on the side of reason/caution and assume that the 14% is not split evently, but rather similarly to the way I described in 2.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 479
    I only have Tara unlocked so can only use her, does that mean I will get the pistol or is it dependent on which hero is used most by everyone.
    @DLich I know ya love math, and I’m still going through your second answer, but you put way too much time into overthinking #1.
    My point was... yes, I’m having fun also...

The image that shows the rates, shows them in the row of who is normally listed. So it is visually showing you have a 1.9% chance of getting Rufus tokens. However at the same time above it shows you have a 14% chance of getting one of those. Like the boxes that show what’s in a gold crate, at some point (lvl 20 rsl) the green goblins disappear and are no longer listed in drop down whereas they were at rsl 19.

So the image of the rare items disappears, should that not be the case here? Shouldn’t those 4 hero’s disappear from the lower images and be depicted above?

Now before I go on and you say “That’s what I just explained” understand I don’t speak SASS, SYSTAT, or SPSS. I speak basic $1.92 with $2.00 will return $0.08.

So, I put on my old F* glass and you know what?

Didn’t help.

Not to give all my Brothers and Sisters a bad rap, but I still have a multiplication chart in my wallet!

@Cronus can pummel me in private if he wishes, but @DLich A or B
    A - the image is correct and should Not change like crate boxes
    B - I see your point, maybe the faces should be removed from lower area.

Thank you for your patience.
    Concordia