This week's class bonuses would have been great under the old challenge system

The Warrior bonus is great for SWAT and Road Runner, the Assault bonus is great for Armored Compound and Getting Burnt, and the Shooter bonus is great for BBQ and Double Trouble. The problem is, when you have to complete all six maps to advance, it feels like the bonus can be wasted.

Under the old challenge system, when you could play one map and advance as far as you want with that map, you would have been able to cook some fatties on BBQ with Merle and two Shooters all day long, and then switch to a different set of maps tomorrow when there's a different class bonus.

Unfortunately, you can't do that under the current system. Anyways, stream of consciousness over.

I wonder how many of the newbies on the forums these days even remember the old system?
ekimhclewjimmorrison369bigbeanoJenngJadenTHCrossJackBauerSPC_TORRES

Comments

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    JayZ said:

I wonder how many of the newbies on the forums these days even remember the old system?

Not me!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

THCross
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    Dear God, @Mabiki, don't remind me! Those levels SUUUUUUCKED!!!
    bigbeanoTHCrossPapacas
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 154
    Guess your also forgetting this is Hilltop all over again zzzz boring.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    mobbie said:

Not as boring as doing this map set through 27 individual difficulty levels
    bigbeanoTHCross
    edited March 2018
    Mabiki said:

mobbie said:

Not as boring as doing this map set through 27 individual difficulty levels
    I will be Happy to do it more than that being stuck at level 27/28s with level 21s with 4k+ dmg. and does having 3 days left to do nothing sound fun too you?
    Sure does. Although if it were me, I would just do other things in game like scavenge the millions of supplies I need or farm XP or TG. Which is what I already do when I hit my own difficulty wall. But that's just me.
    bigbeanoJenngTatdJdm
    Also, If someone hits level 27/28 with level 21s on day two of the challenge, they probably bought a gas booster to speed things up. Seems a little unfair to me for a player to complain about hitting the wall too early if they bought a booster to speed up their progress, especially considering the cooldown timer has been eliminated.

People who haven't purchased boosters and are playing at a more relaxed rate shouldn't suffer extra low level rounds just because others spend money to speed it up and thus hit their wall earlier.

Given the same starting and finishing level, we all play the same number of rounds. If one player chooses to play those rounds all in two days, while others take 3-4 days, that's no skin off my back. But I don't want to have to buy a booster just to get through the boring early rounds, which is why I remain a fan of the revised Challenge format.

If someone hits a Challenge wall early on and doesn't find any fun or value in playing the other parts of the game for the rest of the weekend, I consider that their own problem rather than a design problem with NG. Doubly so if they purchased gas with gold or a booster to reach their wall more quickly.

Said player could always use the extra time to push new strategies and attempts on their Challenge wall levels and not have to pay for healing, even if they weren't interested in playing the other available game modes. And if said player is level 21, they do have need of supplies and xp should they wish to continue advancing their camp and survivor levels.
    suzequeueOneLessTitanbigbeanoTatdJdm
    edited March 2018
    Best of luck to you in your NML adventures. We have different perspectives and goals, it seems. All I ask, for the sanity of people like me, is please consider using periods and capital letters between your sentences instead of requiring me to guess where they begin and end. Maybe I'm just old, but I appreciate that sort of thing.
    paintbeastDodkongbigbeanoTatdJdm
    edited March 2018
    Mabiki said:

Best of luck to you in your NML adventures. We have different perspectives and goals, it seems. All I ask, for the sanity of people like me, is please consider using periods and capital letters between your sentences instead of requiring me to guess where they begin and end. Maybe I'm just old, but I appreciate that sort of thing.

Funny they have been there from. The get go but I guess, old people need glasses.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,461
    Let me clarify @Mabiki - I certainly don’t miss the grind of the old challenge, and I’d rather be done by the end of today than to be on RSL15 right now. I simply missed the feeling of being to advance on at least one map and not hit a wall on unbalanced challenge sets, and I think I will hit that pretty quickly with this challenge.

If the complete all maps to pass a round and advance requirement was lifted and you could retroactively gain round rewards once you finished all maps for a given RSL, I would enjoy this week’s bonuses a lot more for the reasons stated in my original post.
    Jenngpsychwolf
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    @JayZ i posted this same thing in my guild chat earlier this week. This set up would have been perfect for that style challenge.

and bonus stars were nice too lol
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Everything was better under the old format!!!!!!