Rosita's trait messed up too?

Why is my shooter doing 5k less damage with 6* Rosita in lead than my 5* Abe?
In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.

Comments

• GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 986
    My alt has epic Rosita (21% boost) and rare Abe (13%). The crit damage is within 100 of each other.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    What are the badges you have on each of them? Rosita? Abe?
    That is not true @Dod it's about also the pairing with the shooter...such as +5% or +398 if teammate with Abe...etc...
    Guapo
    edited March 2018
    @Dod is correct, the badges would matter on the shooter, but none of them have any qualifiers activated by Abe or Rosita.
    Have you sent a ticket to the help desk?
    edited March 2018
    Since the shooter shoots at a single target and there's absolutely no escalators what so ever and it's constant...then something would be wrong. 100 piont difference in critical damage might be right, but a mathematician like @jimmorrison369 or @DLich could answer that...
    The 100 could be rng, but 5k for my main is ridiculous. There is a bug.
    Agreed
    edited March 2018
    I use Rosita every mission but very very rarely in lead.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,010
    On average, Rosita should trump Abe on damage.
    The difference might not be that spectacular though.

In your example. 21% vs 13% hero boost.
    Hero boost applies to a max of 40% of your total damage.
    When using + badges, it is less.

In your example @Guapo

If you change Rosita for Abe. You'll do 3% less damage.
    The damage spread is a lot bigger than 3%,

How big is your sample size?
    CBgaming1969
    edited March 2018
    Just today, but that is my alt, on my main the difference was over 5k. My shooter is hitting upwards of 32k with Abe, and 27k with Rosita.

Also why only 40% for damage?
    As for sample size, I have rotated them all day using Rosita on BBQ and double trouble. It is very consistent. My highest Rosita lead shooter damage was 28k. Highest Abe lead was 33.5k. Abe lead has only been below 28k 1 time.

Please someone else try this and see if it's just me.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I ran a few missions to check. I didn't record body shots on armored, and I didn't realize until I was done that I may need to account for sure shot, since both my hunter and shooter have it. Sometimes they moved and sometimes they didnt. So it's not great data. But this is what I got. All Rosita values are for single target attacks only. My Rosita leader trait is at 23 percent attack to single targets. My Abe is at 13 percent damage. It's a small sample as I don't have the patience to keep recording numbers nor to evaluate them too deeply. Do with it what you will.

Abe
    9553 shooter regular
    9847 shooter regular
    9259 shooter regular

17188 shooter crit
    16397 shooter crit
    16978 shooter crit
    19743 shooter crit

23647 shooter charged crit
    26894 shooter charged crit
    28993 shooter charged crit

4382 hunter regular
    4881 hunter regular

9906 hunter crit
    8264 hunter crit
    8998 hunter crit

9026 hunter charged crit

Rosita

shooter regular 8982
    shooter regular 8613
    shooter regular 8845
    shooter regular 8658
    shooter regular 7990
    shooter regular 8133

shooter crit 20191
    shooter crit 18226

shooter charged crit 24713
    shooter charged crit 26751
    shooter charged crit 25980
    shooter charged crit 29960

hunter regular 4432
    hunter regular 4307
    hunter regular 4936

hunter crit 9140
    hunter crit 9798
    hunter crit 8604
    hunter crit 9677
    hunter crit 9716

hunter charged crit 9810

So often your highest damage was done by Abe led survivors, despite the supposed 10% difference. I get that there are times it may happen, but not as much as it is happening. There is apparently a real issue here. @Kaz
    @Guapo
    40%, the heroboost only boosts your survivor damage.
    It does not boost damage from:
    Weapon
    Badges
    Marksman.

So at best, it will give you 3% xtra damage for swapping heroes.
    So, the numbers should be close.

Next point. Standard deviation is pretty big. Allthoug @Mabiki Little test gives an impression, I wouldn't be concluding anything from it. Especially because we are talking about a very small difference between the 2.

If you say, i been playing all day, on average it is off. Well, maybe...
    MabikiBoukephalosCBgaming1969
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Guapo said:

So often your highest damage was done by Abe led survivors, despite the supposed 10% difference. I get that there are times it may happen, but not as much as it is happening. There is apparently a real issue here. @Kaz

I wouldn't draw that conclusion from the data I provided, which is why I didn't. Forgetting anything else, the sample size is too small. Frankly, I don't care enough to deal with the tedium required to prove or disprove. I find it a pain in the ass to write down the numbers after every attack I make.
    If you think it's worthwhile, then please record numbers on 50 or 100 kills with each hero as leader. That at least will give you a wider base of data to use. Where is the @DLich when you need him?

Also, another way to compare is to look at single target damage with Rosita as leader, compared to any other hero that is not Abe. In my experience, the Rosita boost is noticeable in those instances.
    jimmorrison369
    edited March 2018
    Her difference is noticeable, but should be more than Abe on average, it is not. As for sample size that's why I asked the question on the forum, so others could see if they found similar results.

I still can't figure out where you are getting the number 40% from. I realize it boosts only base damage (which affects crit), but why the number 40? Whatever the percentage is, Rosita should average 10% more, which she is not at all more me. In fact she is doing less damage, or was now that shooter event is over.
    Guapo said:

Her difference is noticeable, but should be more than Abe on average, it is not. As for sample size that's why I asked the question on the forum, so others could see if they found similar results.

I still can't figure out where you are getting the number 40% from. I realize it boosts only base damage (which affects crit), but why the number 40? Whatever the percentage is, Rosita should average 10% more, which she is not at all more me. In fact she is doing less damage, or was now that shooter event is over.

40% is an approximation.
    In the end, if your survivor does 1000 damage total.
    Hero boost will only be 10% of 40% of 1000.

So if you have 10% heroboost.
    It will be 10% of 400 is 40

So 10% heroboost on 1000 damage results in 1040 damage. Not in 1100 damage what you may expect.
    CBgaming1969TJS
    Btw @Guapo
    I know it to be 40% because I know how damage is calculated.
    From that I know, the hero-boost works similar to marksman. It is only calculated over a part of your damage, that's why the difference can be a lot smaller than you'd might expect. Small enough to be crossed by rng.

I did a small test btw, 10 hits each. Average of Rosita was higher.
    As expected.
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 168
    I am new in this discussion... what i dont understand i: why are you all using rosita or abraham as leader...? I use daryl as leader - works just fine with one non hero hunter and one non hero assault.... !? Later i will change the assault for a non hero shooter.
    I dpnt look so much at numbers... i watch how many ordinaty rounds does the fatty needs or the armored ones and so on
    crambert_nec
    Mine is definitely not 40% not only do I have crit badges and regular badges affecting it, but the weapon has lethal and armor has ruthless. All of that would be taken off, plus the damage of the unupgraded weapon. I know it only affects the base damage of the survivor, because I know how damage works also ;) . For it to be a 5k difference the wrong way is not acceptable. The 100 on my alt I could see, but not 5k.
    jimmorrison369
    edited March 2018
    Guapo said:

...and armor has ruthless. All of that would be taken off, plus the damage of the unupgraded weapon.

Ruthless isn't taken of !
    Furthermore, only + badges will be taken of, not %badges.
    Why do you speak of "unupgraded" weapon taken of, the "upgraded" weapon is also taken of.

I know you know a lot too guapo, That's why I thread lightly.
    It is actually the only reason I responded at all. If it would be a regular john doe, I would assume that person just doesn't understand how the game works.

So to end this, Yes. It can not be that you do 5K less damage because of using rosita in stead of Abraham.
    Fully agree, I would expect to be little difference at all. Not less for Rosita.

I did test it, I don't find the same deviation you found. So whatever is happening.
    My rosita is working just fine.
    Guapo
    edited March 2018
    because it's easier to get to base damage by taking off the unupgraded stats. haha

Ps the reason for taking off ruthless, all badges etc. is because that is all necessary to get to the "base" damage of just the survivor, like marksman affects.
    jimmorrison369
    edited March 2018
    Honestly, it would be nice if @Kaz would acknowledge he was gonna bring this up though. Monday I'll mess with trials while I can spare the gas. I'm just not a big data collector type of guy.
    jimmorrison369