This is one buggy challenge

Anyone else? Double Trouble touch the screen to move the map around and one of my characters runs to that spot, did not touch any of the characters, just the map in an open space. At least 6 times now after I completed the challenge, all characters in the green but challenge doesn’t end. Touch end turn button and zombies move and attack my characters, then the scenario ends with me losing a star and in one case 2 stars.

I know it’s just a game, it was free andNG is gearing up to drop their new game in the next few months, but can can you put someone other than Slappy The Bait Shop guy to maintain the game?
dlbCaptainslayerMattOfEarthkkatsuKuduk

Comments

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Yes, and they are aware of it since I reported it Wednesday...
    MattOfEarth
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 557
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 557
    You may have to move a guy out of the green and then back in. Hopefully, you have an action point left to move him back in! Noticed mission not ending in Double Trouble and S.W.A.T.
    Zettebigbeano
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    ReggieGR said:

Anyone else? Double Trouble touch the screen to move the map around and one of my characters runs to that spot, did not touch any of the characters, just the map in an open space. At least 6 times now after I completed the challenge, all characters in the green but challenge doesn’t end. Touch end turn button and zombies move and attack my characters, then the scenario ends with me losing a star and in one case 2 stars.

Just wondering, were you in the green box already when it became green?

I swear at one point in my short history: (keep in mind often others say I'm wrong)
    • You could have survivors in the finish bar
    • Do the last task
    • Finish turns green
    • Challenge/Mission Ends
    Now I note, if you have all survivors in the finish area before it turns green, it won't count as completed until you either;
    1) Step out of the area and then back in
    2) Hit 'End Turn' giving walkers one more move

I noticed it recently in The Distance when you have to kill ## walkers. Don't let them be right in front of you and all be standing in bar. You'll get gob smacked.

So, I was just curious if that's what got you? I know the map is buggy, they mentioned and acknowledged that already, but this is the first I've read of it not finishing. All the other reports were along the lines that our Survivors had picked up the 'Teleport Virus' that Freemen have.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited April 2018
    Yes, the bug of mission not ending is very old.
    I've noticed it first, about 2 years ago.
    When you complete all objects, while already being in the green, in certain missions it will not end.

You then either need to end turn, or move out the green and move back in with 1 of your survivors.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

Yes, the bug of mission not ending is very old.
    I've noticed it first, about 2 years ago.

Thank you Mr. Jim for helping me select the (I'm Wrong) option on that todo list.

:sunglasses:
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

jimmorrison369
  • ReggieGRReggieGR Member Posts: 84
    You are correct, my team is all on the green bar before it turns green. Then get last kill, bar turns green challenge doesn’t end. This happens on double trouble and swat.
    I’ll try to space it so I get last kill with a shooter that is charged and hopefully have an action point left to step into the activated zone.

Being a simple minded person and a blood relative of Slappy the Bait Shop guy, I will probably get distracted and not follow the plan.
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 299
    I have had both problems. Get used to it as system lords do not care. They will swear your internet is the problem on all issues.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    You can stay and move within the green too if possible and mission will end.

It's not a new bug on S.W.A.T.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    jimmorrison369bigbeano
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 335
    I can say for certain and from personal experience that, in the past, specifically on SWAT, but also on some other maps, you could stand on the finish area and make the last kill and it would complete the mission. As recently as the last time we did SWAT, this was the case. I haven't done it this challenge, but it looks like I'm better off for not having tried it.
    jimmorrison369bigbeanoTripodFahqbendover
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    Just killed all the armored walkers from truck in SWAT, all three of my toons were standing in the exit during this and the map didn't end. Just done a quick step with the shooter to see if this would trigger the map to end and it certainly does! :)
    SCBMAjimmorrison369
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    You can just move them to the side in the green and that will end it...I made them aware of the first double trouble move bug Wed....they know about it and @Kaz told them also....
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 268
    edited April 2018
    Don't care!
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpieDoc_Holliday
    edited April 2018
    Don't care
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpieDoc_Holliday
    edited April 2018
    Don't care
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpieDoc_Holliday
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited April 2018
    @anniesprinkles
    The double trouble bug was survivors moved on their own at the beginning of the mission when you touched the center of the screen.

The mission not ending on SWAT when all survivors are in the green is obviously something else and what @CBgaming1969 was saying is you can move a survivor staying within the green to end mission. Obviously you would still need a survivor to not have moved so if you kill the last armored walker with your third survivor's last move this would not be possible.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    jimmorrison369
    edited April 2018
    Okay! I'm wrong. It didn't happen.
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpieDoc_Holliday
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    This has been a long-standing issue as @jimmorrison369 has stated. Great on many for providing the additional solutions.

One that hasn't readily been directly called out is that on "these maps" if you have the option for "end turn" then you shouldn't and, literally, any action will end the round.

If your last AP survivor is a ranged one, then shoot something (don't end turn) even if you know you won't kill it. The action will trigger an end sequence. Should be the same with melee.

(If you have just melee and nothing in direct range, :cry: )
    tabernac