Tara and Jesus beats Rufus?

I'm sorry guys, but I don't really buy into this.

A Shooter class is farming more walkers than an Assault class?

We're talking Assault doing multiple kills per round. Even if the folks don't have Rufus, 1 Rufus can still farm more kills than 6 Taras.

I'm starting to feel like these posted numbers are scripted or predetermined for the Talking Dead show ahead of time for them to read the script.

I was sitting in the distance yesterday farming walkers with Rufus over and over on the same map with new walkers coming out with no level increase. I didn't bother advancing and kept farming with 1XP guys.
anthony172CBgaming1969bigbeano

Comments

• anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    I dont know why Tara is leading but its a legendary weapon and i dont care who wins. Maybe at the end they give us the three weapons...
    KyrusJenngAlexFiliUK
    OMG Alanna is so sexy <3 <3
    TJSTroublemakertabernacekimhclew
    OMG Alanna is so sexy <3 <3
    bigbeanotabernac
  • ThunderdomeThunderdome Member Posts: 13
    My guess is that since the majority of players are new they don't Rufus unlocked yet. Endgamers got him for free but many didn't and his tokens are tough to get. That makes this contest tough to swallow since we're supposed to be operating on an even playing field.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited April 2018
    I always use my Tara and yes, she got a work out. :smiley:

Edit to add;
    I agree @Jaden
    I was surprised a shooter out did an Assult but I guess there are many reasons for this. Nevertheless, I don't believe NG rigged Tara to win. When I saw she had a chance a used her wherever I could. Without going too crazy and farming beach life but I used her all week.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DBonesSCBMAJenngChiefkeo
  • ZachBaitZachBait Member Posts: 11
    As a TIP for those looking for farming results.

You can use the Season 8 map 14 (this week's mission), and farm with RUFUS through the Trials 1-5. (for those who haven't finished the mission).
    The walkers there spawn with no level increase. just corner yourself at the exit point and kill 3-4 at a time with Rufus.

ALSO- you can go further past the 1xp gain over and over. If you want, you can flee and put one of your guys in the hospital. Rinse and repeat with a new guy. If you get bored you can always close the app and start it at where you left off and farm the 1xp infinitely.

This should put those Rufus farming on the board.

JadenSCBMA

My guess is that since the majority of players are new they don't Rufus unlocked yet. Endgamers got him for free but many didn't and his tokens are tough to get. That makes this contest tough to swallow since we're supposed to be operating on an even playing field.

Sure. I get how there might not be enough players with Rufus. because they gave him away last year and newer players didn't get him.
    BUT it would be useful to publish 'stats' on how many active accounts in this event have rufus , tara , and jesus to show some sign of fairness in the event. or if it is just tilted towards tara from the start because people didn't have rufus to begin with.
    hunter_x
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    @Thunderdome

Not only endgamers got him for free - everyone who was around that time got him. And at one point a little later, new accounts could get him again (accounts that already existed but didn't get him first time around where screwed, though - same as anyone who started playing later, unfortunately).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    bigbeanoSCBMA
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    You wouldn't have finished a season mission????

That's just cra cra
    edited April 2018
    I had to get my rufus with hero tokens and he is a rare lvl 20 as my other assault hero's are legendary lvl 24 except for Gov who is EPIC 24...

I use Tara as my number 1 shooter, but held off to give the flamethrower a chance till today...now it's Tara back in...

Hopefully everybody uses the best of the 3 to make whatever we get LEGENDARY!!!!
    anthony172JadenDavid_H79
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 479
    I used my Rufus on the easy distance and on some maps positioned him just right to farm 9 kills each turn. Just kept hitting end turn while watching tv. Must have got over 5,000 kills.
    @CBgaming1969

I left 2 season mission replays unfinished because I didn't care for the tokens we got - it's a cheap way to farm 100 walkers (for either XP or to finish quests). Found that to be more beneficial than the few "Jerry plus whatever hero it was tokens".

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    SPC_TORRES
    At the begging of the event the only weapon that i wanted was Dixieland BBQ, because was the only good epic weapon. But now when these weapons become legendary the pistol with the heart really worth it. All of three weapons are amazing, legendary obviously, so come on I'm very excite, if qe reach the 38 million walkers i will receive my first legendary gift from NG :p :p . Fuck and an armor!!!!!!
    JadenbigbeanoTJSxbamfx
  • ThunderdomeThunderdome Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2018
    @Jaden

I've been playing since March 2017 and never got him for free. Unlocking him was tough and guessing people also passed on his tokens along the way. Oh well Legy pistol is still great to have
    Deathwish19Jaden
  • AmBushAmBush Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2018
    Its obvious Rufus isn't going to win He was doomed from the start :neutral:
    1. Tokens for him are not as common as Jesus or Tara
    2. The distance isnt run daily
    3. Kills with both Jesus & Tara can farmed for 1 gas whereas Rufus can not
    4. I only have him epic lvl20 Compared to Jesus & Tara lvl 21 (Legendary) his traits at Epic are less than impressive IMO
    But i see the appeal of Flamethrower so am using him on scavenges

Zombie Stompers U.K. Based Guild.Currently Recruiting (18/20)

Note:

• Level 20+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 250+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 61, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

anthony172
    Gotcha @Jaden so you can farm twice and get the radios now, plus Jerry....

Jerry should have came with his axe:(*
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 377
    I really want to set walkers on fire. Because Rufus was still locked I held off playing with Tara and Jesus. I unlocked Rufus just before playing The Distance on Saturday and used him for farming on all the rounds until he died in the 18th round. I have scavenged with him every day since.

I imagine many players still don’t have him unlocked. There are just a few in my guild that have him.
    TJS

You wouldn't have finished a season mission????

That's just cra cra

Well you can finish off the special mission by Monday. The event is over tomorrow. So there's no rush in finishing use the entire week to farm if you want.
    AmBush said:

Its obvious Rufus isn't going to win He was doomed from the start :neutral:

1. Tokens for him are not as common as Jesus or Tara
    2. The distance isnt run daily
    3. Kills with both Jesus & Tara can farmed for 1 gas whereas Rufus can not
    4. I only have him epic lvl20 Compared to Jesus & Tara lvl 21 (Legendary) his traits at Epic are less than impressive IMO
    But i see the appeal of Flamethrower so am using him on scavenges
    Did you see my tip on 'farming' using this week's special mission if you haven't completed the 5 trials.
    you can leave the 4/5 trial open to farm over and over and finish it before monday. sunday night.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I remember getting Rufus for free ahead of an assault event. As far as I remember that unlocked assault which was unavailable to me at until that point.

I'm rooting for TARA though.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    TJS
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 180
    If this was rigged, because this is a talking dead promo, Rufus would win
    TJSflyingcowking
    @Thunderdome

I got him for free on my main but had to unlock him on both my 2nd and 3rd account (yeah, I'm crazy and have too much time to play :p ).

It sucks that we we didn't all just get him and that you had to be there at a certain point - what sucks even more (for me personally) is that my 2nd account already existed, I just thought I would never play there and didn't think about grabbing him for free. :s

Oh well... can't be helped...

• MetalMetal Member Posts: 492
    I’ve had Rufus never liked or used him. Use Tara and Jesus all the time
    TJSanthony172
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2018
    I've had Rufus for a while now also, just wanted to set shit on fire is all.
    I must admit, for this whole event I used Tara on beach missions 1 time to complete my quests for the day, which was only once...