Is the Outpost Update the Last Chance Saloon?

PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
We all know over the last few month or so the games gone through a rough time due to many factors from poor communication on major gameplay changes, various bugs, and most recently the very unpopular change to 2 guild challenges a week.

Many players seem to become disillusioned with the game because of this, and reading the forums have either left or are near to making that decision.

My questions for the community are

Is the Outpost expansion coming next week almost the last chance saloon for the game and the developers to redeem themselves?

Does it have to be not only bug free, but energise and reinvigorate the game and what happens if it doesn't?

Can the game suffer another bug laden or unwhelming update?

Discuss
banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--

Comments

• I'm thinking it's more of a step into the next phase than a desperate last gasp of air for a drowning game or the Dev team. The players that post on this forum only represent a very small percent of the actual player pool. Even though many of the complaints expressed here by them are probably very universal in nature as far as the complete player pool is concerned, the fact still remains that people keep playing, people keep going to the in-game Cinema and people keep buying gold. I'm fairly confident that as long as those 3 thing keep happening NG will invest in NML and keep pushing the game forward into new dimensions of it's self.
    SabrinazosonDERRICK
  • steste Member Posts: 108
    I think you're vastly overstating the impact of bugs and game play changes. Most of the bugs and game play changes have been minor to the point that I doubt 90% of the players even noticed.
    The players who I know irl all quit because of the repetitive grindy nature of the game. As I'm still here I obviously don't have a problem with that.
    I'm still hoping that the revamped rewards and trade goods shop will alleviate a lot of the more boring aspects of the game. Raiding someone's outpost is a lot more fun than farming the same missions all day long.
    DERRICK
  • SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2016
    I have eagerly waited Outsposts because of fortress building and other strategic planning which has lacked in this game. I hope Outposts will bring something sensible or at least fun to do with lv16 chars in this game.

I'm not quitting but I has transferred myself from paying customer mode to retired freemium player mode aka not worth of paying. Bugs are ok, every game has them in strong and rapid development phase as we have seen from the release of the game. Normally they are fixed sooner or later and Apple helps with drastic bugs like interferences with possible overbilling etc.

My decision not to pay so much anymore derives from 2 recent features:
    1. Nerfing hc/nm-mode overcapped character rewards, which were very fun to try to achieve (not much advantage in the game as many lower level players think) and
    2. 2 x 0,5 Weeklys. Sad to say, but many people in our three guilds (Suomikilta I - III) have something other things to do IRL like family, daily work, hobbies and other mobile games to play.
    - Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
  • DeathwishDeathwish Member Posts: 38
    ste said:

I think you're vastly overstating the impact of bugs and game play changes. Most of the bugs and game play changes have been minor to the point that I doubt 90% of the players even noticed.

The players who I know irl all quit because of the repetitive grindy nature of the game. As I'm still here I obviously don't have a problem with that.

I'm still hoping that the revamped rewards and trade goods shop will alleviate a lot of the more boring aspects of the game. Raiding someone's outpost is a lot more fun than farming the same missions all day long.

I'm also feeling the repetitive grind, x2 now considering they have 2 weekly challenges now. May burn out soon.

• BarcodeJBarcodeJ Member Posts: 401
    Yeah, whiny forum users represent a very small sample of gamers, and a lot of the big spenders prefer to spend their time in game. I dont know what the game's profit margins are like but I assume with the popularity of the show and the rapid development...it is doing pretty alright. The most hardcore gamers....well they settle into a way of doing things and they are resistant to change. If you keep an open mind I think the changes have been mostly positive. Any pressure to perform in weekly challenges os self imposed. Its not next games fault that you want to be on the leaderboard. The bugs have been pretty minor and the bitching has been monumental but the mods have handled it like champs. Cant wait for more.
    Pie_ManNathaniel
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    Is the Outpost Update the Last Chance Saloon?

Yes
    Pie_Man
This discussion has been closed.