Cinema Question

I keep seeing people mention watching cinemas in game for rewards, but I don't see this option anywhere. Do you have to progress to a certain point in the game before this option is revealed, or am I missing something obvious? I couldn't see anything in my base to trigger it, nor is there any option on the post game screen like I see in some screenshots.

Any help is appreciated

Best Answers

Answers

• mostlydeadmostlydead Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the reply. This is the spot that I tried clicking on as well since it seemed a likely candidate, but it doesn't respond and it has never lit up. It always looks like it does in your screenshot.

Is there something on the iPhone I have to enable to allow this to function like Privacy settings or something? I did disable the 'Limit Ad Tracking' option and chose 'Reset Advertising Identifier' as suggested in some other posts, but it does not seem to affect this cinema from being selectable.
    edited April 2018
    I had done this already but I did just do it again and rebooted my phone. I'll wait an hour to see if then it starts to light up. I should also mention I never see an option to watch videos in the loot screen after a game like I see in peoples screenshots.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @mostlydead you probably have the same iOS issue I and others had.
    Take a look at these images and after making sure you have them setup, let me know by @ tagging me in here?

We also discussed it here as just one example.
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/33887/no-advertising#latest
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Jenngmostlydead
    @SCBMA Just wanted to let you know I have never seen the option for after mission videos like I see in some peoples screenshots. I only have the option to use gold there.

@ShadowaceAz Thanks. I did try this. I also toggled it to on and then off again, reset the identifier, and then rebooted the phone. I still don't get an option for after mission videos and the cinema tower is never lit up (and I've tried to spam click all over it but nothing happens)

Are there any other areas in the iPhone that could be potentially blocking these features for me?
    @SCBMA I know he reset, but not everyone checks the toggle because it's a new thing for iOS to turn it on.
    Concordia

@mostlydead since those are the leading cause of AOAD - Adult Onset Add Dysfunction. :flushed:

The only other thing which was a problem in my case once, was a locked add in my game cache. Unlike Android version, you cannot simply delete the cache file. You have to uninstall and reinstall the game. It was the one time that resetting Add ID didn't work.

But you may have already done that. So if that's the case you should probably open a support ticket in the game and see if they can reset something on their end.
    Concordia

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited April 2018
    @ShadowaceAz my Samsung doesn't have a game cache to clear that I know of...my ad's were stuck over a week, then finally the Google ad reset worked...

Maybe an ad got stuck on mine, even though help desk claims it's regional venders...

Either way it's working mostly now, have to reset ad a bit more than I should have to, but it resets now so I'll deal with it.

Now, if only they stop predetermining all the scrappy gear I get...
    @ShadowaceAz Ok thanks. I haven't ever had the option to see an ad so I don't know if there would be anything cached to begin with but I know what you are saying. I haven't tried to uninstall the game but I will do that. Before I do I just wanted to make sure I won't lose any of my progress and such by doing that right? I am linked with GameCenter so I believe everything should be saved?
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 621
    Yes it should be.
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 621
    Always nervous when uninstalling the game. Double check this about 5 times every time.
    SCBMAmostlydead
    edited April 2018
    Ugh well I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but now it starts me at the tutorial. I even checked the Game Center thing just prior to the uninstall and it said the game was saved. Now I'm not sure what to do in fear I'll overwrite a potential backup, Isn't it supposed to just recover your Game Center save after you reinstall, or do you have to do some extra steps?
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @mostlydead
    When I uninstalled and re-installed my game, I had to finish the tutorial before it would allow me to load my old account. I can't say for sure it will work or that it won't overwrite your old game, but it worked for me.
    TJS
    @Mabiki Thank you that worked. I was a little worried to try it without hearing from anothers experience. :smile:
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @mostlydead

Glad you got your game back. I had the same feeling of anxiety when it happened to me.
    @mostlydead I am so sorry for that, I should have mentioned that happens. I also nearly shat myself the first time, but now I do it about once a month, so I do not even think about it anymore.

The question is, did the cinema start working again?
    Concordia

Also, I was freaked enough I did install it on a second device that is really not good for playing on, just to have an extra extra backup. Haha it may be a 6 year old phone, with a 45 minute battery life and with no service, but it does make for a nice WiFi backup device. ;)
    Concordia

David_H79 said:

@mostlydead the option to watch videos is dependent how long the account exists.
    I think the account needs to be at least one week old, before you have the option to watch videos.

I knew I shouldn't have been hacking my 'start on' date just to look like I got to level 20 in 5 days.. I need to file an ID-10-T form with my local office asap.

Thank Bro!

Concordia

edited April 2018
    @ShadowaceAz Unfortunately after doing all these things I still have no Cinema nor the option to watch videos in the post game screen. Good idea on having a backup copy on my old phone though :smile:

@David_H79 Thanks that gives me some hope! I did just get this new phone on 3/30, which I believe is the same day I started playing this game. That should mean any day now it should start working. I will post an update here on the 8th day (or if it works sooner) just to let everyone know since this thread has just about every piece of troubleshooting for this type of issue :wink:
    David_H79
  • ChivoHuntrChivoHuntr Member Posts: 23
    I play on a Samsung Note 8, still have not been offered any ads in any mode. I've reset my ad I'd numerous times, made sure the setting is off for custom ads. Reinstalled app, rebooted phone, clear cache. Nothing.
  • donald6283donald6283 Member Posts: 276
    if you have samsung note 8 you have enough money to not count on free ads...lol
    @ChivoHuntr

I see you just joined the forums, but don't know how long you've been playing. @David_H79 added another possible solution/reason to the ever expanding list of things to check.

When did you start playing NML TWD?
    Concordia

@ChivoHuntr

It was stated you won't get Cinema adds until you've been playing at least a week.
    Concordia

• ChivoHuntrChivoHuntr Member Posts: 23
    @ShadowaceAz thanks for the tip, been almost a week yet, so that must be it than
    ShadowaceAz
    @mostlydead

You seeing them yet?
    Concordia

@ShadowaceAz Unfortunately not yet. I do get the option to watch ads in other games though so it makes me think the actual configuration on the iPhone is ok. Not sure what else I can do at this point. Who would have thought I would go to this much trouble to watch Ads :smile:

So just to recap I don't see the option at all to watch ads during the post game screen where you open loot boxes, nor can I ever click on the cinema tower itself. I did try everything mentioned in the thread multiple times but no luck.

Perhaps your account needs to be more than 1 week old? It would seem odd though since the other games I have installed since this one don't seem to have any problem showing you ads right away.