Things that make you slightly mad...

We all have things that drive us mad - just a little. And I thought why not share them with the forum?

I'll start with "getting an answer to an easy and clear question that is more confusing than helpful".

My grandmother asked me to please clean the fridge. Now she has two of them. One is on the front of the kitchen, the other to the back. Both have an integrated freezer.

So I asked her, "Which one? The one to the front or the one to the back?"
She said, "The one with the freezer."
Confused I asked, "Well, which one? The one to the front or the one to the back?"
"Yes.", she answered.
"Yes... which one?", I tried to find out.
"Just clean both."
:joy:

The part I encounter the most is the "is it this or that" and people answer with "yes".
"Do you want the big or the small knife?"
"Yes."
Arrgghhhh! :astonished:

So... now I hope you will share something that drives you slightly mad - but try to keep it fun, please. ;)
Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits, Elder in Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
JenngSCBMAbladgierTJSTHCrosscapibara

Comments

• JenngJenng Member
    I’m usually mad in general. It’s my go to mood. :p

☠️Elder of DeadFamily guild ❤️ Get your dead on! ☠️
    SCBMAJadenMadPuppyTHCross
  • When you walk past someone and say 'Hello' to which they respond 'How are you?'

I stop, I say 'Thank you for ...' as I noticed they just kept walking.

Why say "how are you", "how's your day" or any other version if you have no intention of listening to a response?

Also the 'Have a great day' like its my choice? No ya poptart! I wanna have a shitty day!! ok, maybe that one is just me being silly. ;)
    descensus in cuniculi cavum
    vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Omnes homines dignitate et iure liberi et pares nascuntur, rationis et conscientiae participes sunt, quibus inter se concordiae studio est agendum.
    JadenJenngTHCross
  • JadenJaden Member
    @bladgier

I couldn't agree more on all of that! (How did you know I had that song in my head when posting? :smiley: )

Don't get me started on driving! That makes me more than just slightly mad... especially people not using the turn signal - come on, you paid for it. Use it! I can't read your mind... stop risking everyone's lives already! Arrrgh!
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits, Elder in Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

JenngSCBMAbladgierTHCross
  • TJSTJS Member
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself :p

^^^ Forum Moderators ^^^

(Just kidding :# We :heart: you guys)
    -
    TJS - Leader of TheJusticeSquad
    Nation Wars - Australian Team Captain

LINE APP ID TheJusticeSquad
    MadPuppyTHCrossJaden
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator
    Ah, just figured one for real though. Well, in truth I can make quite a list. Argh, the things that drive me mad. Zips lips, ties hands, kicks himself in the nuts, anything to keep from listing a million items right here and now...

People saying zombies in a TWD forum. I mean, REALLY?
    TJSTHCrossJaden
  • bladgierbladgier Member
    @ShadowaceAz

Not sure if you're English primary language so if you are, disregard what I'll say cause you'll know that.

To them, "how are you" or "you're alright?" doesn't actually mean that they want to know how are you doing, it's equivalent to hello or hi.

I work with patient transport. It always gets me when someone's on the bed, ill as hell, connected to the oxygen, coughing and often finding it hard to breathe and many other possible conditions and then some comes up to them and says "you're alright mate?"

I'm like geeeez really? That's not even funny man.
    Jaden
  • @bladgier
    Haha
    Well, not 'Queens English' but our version is considered my primary language, though I'm still learning it after over 40 years. Haha

Trust me, I'd be on @Bill_ZRT's list of targets for the abbreviations I use.
    (insert silent snicker)
    descensus in cuniculi cavum
    vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Omnes homines dignitate et iure liberi et pares nascuntur, rationis et conscientiae participes sunt, quibus inter se concordiae studio est agendum.
  • JadenJaden Member
    edited April 6
    Now if all my neighbors had the same good taste in music or would at least keep the volume down. Anyone familiar with German Schlagermusik?

If anyone really needs to listen to that, use headphones. For one you would not terrorize your neighbors... And it would also not let them actually know you're a moron instead of just suspecting you are...

Jenng
  • JadenJaden Member
    People in supermarkets who put their stuff on the conveyor belt and stand close to the end of it so others can't reach it and start putting their stuff on it.

What are these people afraid of? That the people behind them will steal their wares so they can buy them instead?

And why are they not even more afraid of the people on the other end that would be able to reach the stuff and grab it the exact moment the cashier and customer are busy with the payment transaction?

JenngShadowaceAzSCBMArustynail