Leveling up strategy

So I finally got to the point where I can level my survivors to 22 and I'm considering trying to jump right to 24 from here. Basically level all my building to the max, level up the level 24 gear I like, than finally level my survivors to 23 and 24 as fast as I can. I was just wondering if end games think this is a valid strategy or not. I'm just thinking it'd be a waste to level up a bunch of 23 gear to turn around and scrap them for 24, and also that its probably not the best idea to use level 23 survivors with level 22 gear.
Andy_b

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,209
    Yeah I would go for it, just tell your guild you're in a bit of a transition for a month or however long and it'll pay off in the long run.
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 702
    WellyLuga said:

Yeah I would go for it, just tell your guild you're in a bit of a transition for a month or however long and it'll pay off in the long run.

Thanks. Guild shouldn't be an issues as I'm getting close to double our min requirement each challenge now.
    Deathwish19
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,416
    I agree that it might be best to sort of "skip" lvl 23, but why level your gear first? You can't use your leveled gear until your survivors are also leveled, but as soon as you level your survivors you can take advantage of their stat increases. Even if you level your survivors first and use "old" gear (maxed out base level level 22 gear) that's still going to be better than base level 23 or 24 gear.

Consider leveling your survivors first, or a few top survivors and base level 24 gear to equip them, then your second tier survivors, etc.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

CBgaming1969Jenng
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    Bill_ZRT said:

I agree that it might be best to sort of "skip" lvl 23, but why level your gear first? You can't use your leveled gear until your survivors are also leveled, but as soon as you level your survivors you can take advantage of their stat increases.

But as soon as more than 2 survivors are levelled up, those stat increases are cancelled out by the tougher enemies and the survivors are now - if they were levelled up before the gear - in a worse situation before because their gear is proportionally less effective.

In contrast, if Deadheads levels the gear first then the toons are only at a disadvantage in the intermediate level 23 stage. As soon as they get to level 24, they get the pre-prepared gear.

What did I miss?
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,416
    Where are you getting the starting levels for level 22-24 survivors?

Is this not accurate? https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/33766/starting-levels-for-2-10
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

CBgaming1969Jenng
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2018
    You get more XP from the higher level walkers. I say just shoot for the min (edit: moon) and level up survivors as fast as you can, gear every other level Or when you can. Ultimately it doesn't matter, level 25 will be here soon anyways.
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited April 2018
    @Deadheads I agree completely with @Bill_ZRT
    Bill_ZRT
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    At your level you should be picking and choose only the best gear/traits combo and not just upgrading just any next lvl gear just because it's the next lvl...22, 23 and 24's start at same challenge difficulty...
    BiggsDarkLighter