A brother duo bonded by blood, are they good enough?

So I just possibly did something stupid and made a 1 Star into a legendary. Took a while but I did it. Actually both of my legendaries I did that, so I thought they ended up as brothers in arms because they never lose together. Now this is when I worry. I think they’re great together but I need professional advice. And by that I mean literally anyone who isn’t the guy in love with these two. So I came to the most judgemental thing possible. The Internet forum. Is it right that these two made waves or did I screw up and waste tokens trying to build the Brothers Wells

Comments

• aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    I like Warren, but you’ll need to badge him up to make up for iron skin missing. Jacob isn’t so great.
    bigbeano
  • ProjectX7ProjectX7 Member Posts: 156
    > @aaxt555 said:
    > I like Warren, but you’ll need to badge him up to make up for iron skin missing.

Sadly I haven’t unlocked badges so that’s all Warren has so far. What’s wrong with Jacob?
  • aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    @ProjectX7 I’d want strong and/or power strike for a scout. Vigilant seems like a wasted slot for me.
    bigbeano
    > @aaxt555 said:
    > @ProjectX7 I’d want strong and/or power strike for a scout. Vigilant seems like a wasted slot for me.

I may have to agree with you on that trait. I mean it helps me a little but I’d much prefer strong. So with Jacob I mostly hope that the weapon traits work!
    aaxt555
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    Vigilant is what’s wrong with Jacob. Replace that with dodge or strong and he’d be a unicorn
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    I wouldn’t invest anymore tokens in jacob. Just use him until you find something better
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I like your bruiser better than your scout, but 4 out of 5 traits ain't bad.

Maybe put a good Interrupt weapon on him to make use of Vigilant.

But I wouldn't trash him just because of one less-than-ideal trait. My second-best scout has bullet-dodge, which many people consider a worthless trait. But I got him to 2 pink stars when he was the best I had, and there's no way I'm throwing away all those tokens.
    DLichJadenl2wannabexbamfx
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,686
    I concur with the above and say that you don't need to look for another bruiser now. Just dump every single bruiser token you get into him. Also wait until your around level 18-19 or above before finishing the last story mission on normal as you get a sweet wide area bruiser weapon. Get as many pink stars on him as you can!
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited April 2018
    Both of them have traits that don't work together. Retaliate and defensive stance don't work together, you get only one or the other. Vigilant and retaliate don't work together so you get only one or the other on that one too. For me that's a no no .
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 238
    Shut_Up said:

Both of them have traits that don't work together. Retaliate and defensive stance don't work together, you get only one or the other. Vigilant and retaliate don't work together so you get only one or the other on that one too. For me that's a no no .

Does retaliate work during overwatch? Not sure but i think no. So your statement may be both true and irrelevant.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited April 2018
    @dlb

I couldn't find the right comment but after more searching I finally found it;
    Player tested and confirmed Retaliate does infact work in overwatch

Edit to add; The more you read the more unsure it is. It seems in may only work with punish or it's somewhat a rare thing.
    Nevertheless, I'm not sure this confirms that it does or does not work. :confused:
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited April 2018
    @TJS

In that thread you linked I don't see any confirmation just a claim that it happened once for one player and a bunch of players who still say retaliate and overwatch did not work. Unless this bug has been fixed you don't get both. Is that why you added the edit because there is no confirmation?

@dlb How is my statement irrelevant? Since 2 of the traits don't work together that makes both legendary survivors more like epic survivors with only 4 traits?
    TJSekimhclewtabernac
    edited April 2018
    Yep I read this and I was right. If you want someone to judge your heart, post it on forums XD. Good to know that my two strongest survivors seem to be shit. Or maybe not. I’m left with more questions more God’s sake!
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    @TJS Retaliate does not work during Overwatch and it is a game glitch confirmed by NG . Whether they fix it remains to be seen , but they are aware of it. If they do fix it , melee would receive a great boost and classes would work as they were intended (Including the OP's Brothers)
    tabernacTJSJadenl2wannabe
    > @Japes87 said:
    > @TJS Retaliate does not work during Overwatch and it is a game glitch confirmed by NG . Whether they fix it remains to be seen , but they are aware of it.

Wait wait! Are you saying retaliate is supposed to work with over watch or not? Because if it should than what the hey NG XD
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,686
    I would disagree with the def stance and retaliate thing espically for bruisers. Got my bruiser to 80% def stance in overwatch. I use that when being a meat shield. When he is running around smashing heads. The holy trinity of attack, retaliate and punish 3 hits is a thing of beauty! Can't imagine having a bruiser without those 3 traits.
    l2wannabe
  • flyingcowkingflyingcowking Member Posts: 387
    In this post apocalyptic zombie show Jacob gets bit ...
    Flatulent person
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    I don't know if Retaliate not working in Overwatch is a Glitch; but the reason it doesn't work is apparently "deep" in the battle mechanics/order of operations programming (also why Revenge is kinda funky, because they operate off the same mechanic apparently).

This is something Shteevie has said he'd like to get fixed; he said he doesn't think we should have to choose between overwatch or retaliate. But that was probably a year ago, and no time has been devoted to it (as of a month or so ago) because apparently it would take a long time to fix with no guarantee of success...

Although I have faith that any solid group of coders could fix it in a couple of days...
    tabernacAndriusShut_Upl2wannabe
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    The logic has never been sound for retaliate not engaging on Overwatch .. if your survivor makes his actual attack move with full power , retaliate engages. If your survivor sacrifices power to use Overwatch as his turn , retaliate doesn't engage .. I have been hoping for this change for so long now to boost melee , as OLT said though, we probably won't be seeing it fixed . By 'glitch' I meant not working as intended
    DBones
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Japes87 said:

The logic has never been sound for retaliate not engaging on Overwatch .. if your survivor makes his actual attack move with full power , retaliate engages. If your survivor sacrifices power to use Overwatch as his turn , retaliate doesn't engage .. I have been hoping for this change for so long now to boost melee , as OLT said though, we probably won't be seeing it fixed . By 'glitch' I meant not working as intended

@Shteevie does not comment much, from my perspective, however I'm hoping to hear his response because these are the traits I am searching for. Going through bruiser after bruiser. However if there is no intention to fix it anytime in the foreseeable future, I might as well stop wasting tokens to upgrade only to recycle.

Could @Kaz ask @Shteevie if he is unable to respond himself, due to workload or whatever?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Japes87
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    I'm still around!
    But the team is working on a lot of stuff at the moment, and I'm buzzing around like a bee at a wedding trying to do as much as I can for them.

I agree that OW and Retaliate should work together, but it's one of the backlog items that unfortunately is big enough to be hard to "squeeze in" and small enough to lose out to bigger features. I'd love to get it in the game, though, so wish us luck that we complete the next set of features quickly enough to allow us some extra time.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    Japes87ShadowaceAzekimhclew
  • dulinquartersdulinquarters Member Posts: 481
    @ProjectX7 I have been playing for 2+ years, the things that seem to stay the same are each player has his/her preferred class of survivors & the opinions of those survivors & their traits will vary widely & constantly change as new traits are introduced. I definitely have to agree with @MattOfEarth statement; "They’re both fine (and flawed) in their own ways. If they work for you, and you have success with them, stick with them." Well said!! @MattOfEarth Personally I like them both, I would not call either of them Perfect or give them the Unicorn title.
    I have to agree with what @Mabiki said "4 out of 5 traits ain't bad.
    Maybe put a good Interrupt weapon on him to make use of Vigilant." I also think I agree with @ekimhclew with the advice about not investing any more tokens in Jacob. If Jacob had dodge or maybe ruthless rather than vigilant that would give him 5 A+ traits rather than 4 & I would advice investing more at this point. Warren has 2 A+ traits & 2 A traits. Dodge would be my prefered trait or iron skin rather than defensive stance, I would have to invest more tokens in Warren then. I would say that I don't agree with @Firekid statement; "Just dump every single bruiser token you get into him." Before the new traits I wanted all my melee survivors to have power strike & strong, a few badges can make up the % damage lost by not having strong &/or power strike. Defensive stance & vigilante are the overwatch gems, if you are a big overwatch user then you should have both traits to get full advantage from the extra damage output & less damage taken. This is of course my personal opinion & not everyone will agree. I have a few survivors that are set up as my overwatch team, on certain challenge maps it is the difference between 2* & 3*.
    I have made alot of mistakes by investing tokens in legendary survivors only to get a better survivor later. I have ended up with 2-4 6* survivors in each class, 1-2 of those survivors are 7* know. I Really wish I would of done it differently. I would Wait until you have that Perfect survivor then invest to a 6*. Along the way to a 7* should you get a great epic survivor then invest a few to see the 5th trait. I would invest in one survivor from each class until you have a 7* before starting to invest in your 2nd 6* for that class. I am trying to thin out my bad token investments, it really hurts to see what you get back in tokens when you trash a 6*. One other thing that will save you hundreds of Billions of XP is waiting to unlock your hero's! I would only unlock a few heros based on their leader traits, the heros with the best & most likely to be helpful for you. What is the best for a guild mate may not be very useful for you & your playing style.
    suzequeuekamilowatyekimhclewFirekid
  • T_storm69T_storm69 Member Posts: 49
    2 brothers