Badges and Crafting Recipes?

Is there a table or recipe for crafting certain badge types?

Or is it purely random stats. and the "quality chance" is only determined by the quality of the badge/components.

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,078
    Pure random
    romeo
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,078
    But I will say the event is working as intended
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    The question to be more specific is How do we do this event for components. ?

Just hit the auto fill and blow your food supply away? Or is there more skill or thought into this
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 797
    @WalkerRon , there does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to crafting. Totally random. We've been told many times that the mixture of components does have an effect on the badges that are created, but some of the most brilliant minds in this game have been totally unable to find any pattern. Just plug away, cross your fingers, and hope like hell that you don't get a lower rarity badge than the components you put into it. Good luck!
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    l2wannabe
  • MischaMischa Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2018
    Here are my results for whose who love statistics:

My conclusion: Great
    Improvement!

Sorry, 1 error corrected... 1 epic and legendary resulted in epic
    MattOfEarththeldssdlromeo
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @Mischa you sure the epic frag plus leg comp gave you a common badge?
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Mischa
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    2x all leg = 2 epic badges
    4x all epic = 3 epic, 1 rare
    20x all rare = 2 epic, 14 rare, 4 uncommon
    3x all uncommon = 1 rare, 1 uncommon, 1 common
    2x all common = 1 rare, 1 uncommon

Better than before, but nothing to write home about
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    MattOfEarthanderfm12DBones
  • MischaMischa Member Posts: 87
    I corrected the list, thanks!
    Putchucoromeo
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 221
    edited April 2018
    I'm wondering what component combination would make a badge that would fit in Slot 6 (10 o'clock/Northwest area of circle) with The B Badge set (shaped like Stop sign) with emphasis on increasing Damage (skull icon, that is)? Any clue?
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    @MudMoccasin badges are all random and neither Martha Stewart, Rachael Ray nor anyone else could create, bake or make a recipe for a certain badge. Just luck and what NG wants to give you. Sorry there's not a better answer.

Happy Walker Killing!!!
    MudMoccasinbigbeano
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,397
    I have a completely unfounded and totally superstitious and irresponsible theory that the flasks and sardine cans are more likely to provide Defensive badges and the cloth and metal bars lead to offensive ones . When I craft massive amounts of badges at once , this theory has been working for me .

Disclaimer : I also exit the radio screen after every call and kill a wall walker or hit the farmed xp thing before going back in and doing another call , because ... science ? Seriously though, placebo is a powerful thing
    ShadowaceAzMudMoccasinbigbeano

@MudMoccasin badges are all random and neither Martha Stewart, Rachael Ray nor anyone else could create, bake or make a recipe for a certain badge. Just luck and what NG wants to give you. Sorry there's not a better answer.

Happy Walker Killing!!!

Darn... Sure would explain why a few times I used all Legendary Components and got an Epic Badge or even worse, a Rare Badge!!!
    :(
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 652
    @MudMoccasin if you use a Legendary fragment and all legendary components you have a chance to get a legendary or epic badge.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,391

Darn... Sure would explain why a few times I used all Legendary Components and got an Epic Badge or even worse, a Rare Badge!!!

It is not possible to get a Rare with all Legendary Components unless you used a lower than Legendary Fragment.

That is the results combination percentages. If that helps.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

anthony172bigbeanoJapes87
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

Happy Walker Killing!!!

There are no "recipes," but I believe NG staff have stated that the odds change for the resulting badge depending on the components you use.

Metal and chemicals together are more likely to lead to damage or crit damage badges, in my experience. Cloth and Edibles are more likely to get health and damage reduction.

This may be confirmation bias, but it's my impression, and I'm sticking with it until it does me dirty too many times. So far, it has worked out alright for me.
    xbamfx
    @Mabiki I have never heard that, only the opposite. Do you have a link to that?
    @CBgaming1969 I think it says that in the game help info, and I'm pretty confident there are links on this forum that say the same thing, but I can't immediately put my hands on them. I'm gonna be on the road for the next day or two, but I'll attempt to find them when I'm back unless someone else beats me to it.
    edited April 2018
    @Mabiki I would greatly appreciate that. It is the common opinion on the forum that there is no recipe. Help states different components of different types and rarities make different badges, but crafting results in a wide variety of badges.

Some of the mathematicians on here like @jimmorrison369, @DLich, @OneLessTitan and others have not found any recipes for badges...
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,824
    edited April 2018
    Staff have stated that the choice of components does influence the type of badge that comes out. But RNG is involved.

I've tried with a couple hundred crafts, but couldn't find any reliability in the pattern based on that sample size.

While I'm sure that in the millions of crafts throughout the game there is a very clear pattern, the only pattern I care for to be honest, is the one that affects my own precious. And that effect is too random to be useful to me.

Edit to add: Mabiki could very well be correct, though I cannot confirm it. Based on his experience I will likely stick to metal and chemicals next time I craft. Though that may take a long time. I've not collected even a single fragment since last event.

@Mabiki I would greatly appreciate that. It is the common opinion on the forum that there is no recipe. Help states different components of different types and rarities make different badges, but crafting results in a wide variety of badges.

Some of the mathematicians on here like @jimmorrison369, @DLich, @OneLessTitan and others have not found any recipes for badges...

As I said in the first line of my response, there are no recipes. But component choices do affect the odds. I've had good luck with the formulas I mentioned.
    3 metals and 1 chemicals has often gotten me damage badges, and same with 3 cloth and 1 edibles for health. I've posted as much on some of the past badge threads. I've mixed and matched and that's my impression, but that's all it is. No guarantee. Your mileage may vary.
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 366
    If we really are to go down this avenue I guess the only way would be to create a spreadsheet of the various combinations. We can then enter in our own individual results from each crafting.

For example if we looked at a common fragment with all four components being cloth we could enter our results. If ten of us used that recipe it could give an indication if multiple badges of the same shape, position or trait got produced.

I don't mind posting my future results as I'm kind of interested to see what we find.
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'

It is not possible to get a Rare with all Legendary Components unless you used a lower than Legendary Fragment.

That is the results combination percentages. If that helps.
    Thanks a bunch!!! Come to think of it, the results that yielded a Rare badge, may have had at least one component that was rare.... I blame frustration for memory lapse!!!