Shane in this game with a Shotgun class, Tyreese as a Bruiser.

2»

Comments

• Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 788
    If some of the less useful heroes were scrapped and new ones with great leader traits replaced them that would be good.
    My selection for the chop would be
    Eugene
    Jerry
    Ezekiel
    Everyone else I can use.
  • WhereisHeathWhereisHeath Member Posts: 38
    What is wrong with be a twd fan? i personally started playing and found this game cause im a fan of the show first of all and im sure many of us started playing for that..
    Anyway i would love to see some awesome characters that will appear on future seasons like Alpha, Beta, Magna, Yumiko, Lydia, Dante, Juanita (the princess), Mercer beside Siddiq, Heath and Jadis :D
    anthony172Karajoca
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,029
    Adding heroes would be awesome if.........they modified hero traits to make them more useful AND ran double hero token call for specific heroes every week. The system is too diluted and there are not enough tokens on a daily to make a hero good enough to compete with better survivors. Just my .2 cents
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

They shot the sheriff, but they did not shoot the deputy
    They shot the sheriff, but they did not shoot the deputy

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    "Token Dilution" will always be a thing. Be glad no new heroes were introduced in the last run of season missions. There will always be new heroes as new characters come in. The only way NG has to stem dilution is by introducing new ways to gain tokens, which they have done to a limited extent.

If they introduce Shane as a shotgun class, you'll have token dilution on heroes and regular survivors, too...

So be it.

I understand the complaint, but it's never one I've shared. I don't need heroes with pink stars. I'm happy to get them to legendary. The ones with useful traits are usually useful enough with 5 stars. There's never going to be "token equity," where it's just as easy to get Abe tokens as it is to get regular assault tokens. And if there were, someone would complain about the game pushing heroes...
    Jenng
    Mabiki said:

"Token Dilution" will always be a thing. Be glad no new heroes were introduced in the last run of season missions. There will always be new heroes as new characters come in. The only way NG has to stem dilution is by introducing new ways to gain tokens, which they have done to a limited extent.

@Mabiki,
      I'm right there with you on the token dilution, I simply had the Shane image already prepared for use elsewhere and wanted to toss him up here. Hahah :sunglasses:

I agree 100% people already feel that those who have played longer have an undue advantage such as free Rufus instead of chasing tokens, just think of the poor folks who start later then now. Every hero, that we already have as Legendary or above will be that much harder for them because they are being hit with tokens for everything except what they want. I have a good number of common hero's, a lot of epics and a few legendary. I do not have a single hero with a pink star and I fear it may be a year before I am lucky enough to claim I do.

Either hero's have to be removed, and we know they won't remove ones like Eugene or Jerry, token distribution has to change, or dilution will be so bad you'll never make anything out of any hero's added.

Concordia

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

Mabiki said:

@Mabiki,
      I'm right there with you on the token dilution, I simply had the Shane image already prepared for use elsewhere and wanted to toss him up here. Hahah :sunglasses:

I agree 100% people already feel that those who have played longer have an undue advantage such as free Rufus instead of chasing tokens, just think of the poor folks who start later then now. Every hero, that we already have as Legendary or above will be that much harder for them because they are being hit with tokens for everything except what they want. I have a good number of common hero's, a lot of epics and a few legendary. I do not have a single hero with a pink star and I fear it may be a year before I am lucky enough to claim I do.

Either hero's have to be removed, and we know they won't remove ones like Eugene or Jerry, token distribution has to change, or dilution will be so bad you'll never make anything out of any hero's added.

Thanks.

I'm lucky to have played long enough and often enough to have almost all my heroes at legendary. I have none at pink, although Daryl is close.

I got Rufus for free, but as far as it goes, there are many more ways to get hero tokens than when I started, from daily quests and Distance to the special calls, if someone really wants to burn phones for a particular hero.

But is it really so bad that someone doesn't have any pink star heroes? A lot of players don't yet have any pink star survivors...

You can use heroes at the levels for which they're useful, and then switch to your own survivors if they're better.
    I just don't see it being the problem some imagine it to be.

Someone who feels they deserve a pink star Abe, and is mad that Jerry's tokens are getting in the way, is certainly going to disagree. But I've personally just never seen it as such a big deal, and my indifference hasn't hurt me too much. In fact, it may be why I'm still enjoying the game more than some others.
    ShadowaceAzJenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,832
    Exactly. The difference between Legendary and 7/8* is noticeable and will carry you much further. But the difference between legendary and 6*? Negligible. Thanks to the golden hero calls I have Sasha, Abe and Michonne at 6* but the advantage they have over legendary is very slight. I feel NG is doing a very good job addressing the hero token dilution with the hero fest calls, hero of the week, distance etc so I'm never going to be one to complain.

I'd love to see them again but I have a feeling the golden hero calls won't be repeated, or at least will be hugely nerfed compared to the first three.
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 130
    > @Captoon said:
    > > @Captoon said:
    >
    > > .No more heroes, please! And why dig up heroes that are so long gone. Maybe NG should make a new TWD fanboy game that's just heroes...sigh.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Hate to burst your bubble but this IS a TWD fanboy game. You wiouldn't be playing it if you had never watched the series.
    >
    >
    >
    > No, I started playing when there were no heroes and no leader position. From the first week it was released. I enjoy the show, definitely not a fanboy such as yourself. I play because of my awesome guild mates and the challenge to stay in the top 50. But thanks for your input.
    >
    > Why exactly are you calling me a fanboy? Do you know me? AM I supposed to be offended by your petty insults?
    >
    > The game has always been about the show, it's got the AMC licence and uses the same name, Daryl guiding you through, etc. Denying that is asinine.

Well since you said this is a fanboy game, and you just started playing.. you pretty much called yourself a fanboy. Don't be so sensitive. And I was playing world war z before this game and it was a horrible apocalyptic game. Was impressed with the game play of NML and haven't looked back. So for me it wasn't about the show, just a better apocalypse game. Believe what you want. None of the chapters had anything to do with TWD, who the hell is vanzant? Really the only asinine thing being done here is the troll @anthony172 , isn't he one of the trolls that got @dlich kicked from the forum? Oh that was before you were here. Some people just like to get others riled up by disagrees and trolling members with different view points. This forum gets too toxic at times. If I hurt your feelings @Captoon I apologise. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions on this game. No more comments from me in this forum, you can pm me if you're not happy with my reply. Stay safe.
    anthony172MadPuppyTatdJdm
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 674
    @Tripod jaja me has hecho reír. If you dont know what happened between @DLich and me you should shut up.
    TripodbigbeanoCaptainslayerJenngI_Am_Psycho

'Nuff said
    Concordia

anthony172TripodbigbeanoMadPuppy
  • Carl_s_HatCarl_s_Hat Member Posts: 177

lol Hero conversations always spiral down the toilet

And its the same posters saying the same thing over and over. Pro-Heroes and Anti-Heroes.

lol Hero conversations always spiral down the toilet

And its the same posters saying the same thing over and over. Pro-Heroes and Anti-Heroes.
    Um, hate to be the dark cloud, but sadly the forums are mostly the same 'posters saying thee same things over and over'. I've comment more than a few times, we the People of The United Walking Dead No Man's Land forum are a minority of the playerbase.

Whereas a voting group needs a quorum to make a vote, there is no true antonym so the best I can offer is a synonym for quorum would be plenum (a full assembly) we would be the scarcity. Which is why, in my opinion, the polls are looked at by Kaz and crew, but not the decision making body some would hope they'd be.
    Concordia

Dodkong
    I'm sitting here and it hit me like a brick house,

What would be different between shotgun and assault?
    Concordia

anthony172
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,253
    We can all get happy in the same panties we got mad in. :*

anthony172bigbeanoSPC_TORRES
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    The only 2 heroes at moment for me that have a real bonus from legendary to pink stars are Sasha and Morgan. The other ones you can get what you need with them at legendary .. but when it comes to charge points , that little bit of difference can be huge . I guess you could put Rufus in that category ad well , but I haven't had him at legendary to really test him yet
  • CaptoonCaptoon Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 62
    Tripod said:

> @Captoon said:

> > @Captoon said:

>

> > .No more heroes, please! And why dig up heroes that are so long gone. Maybe NG should make a new TWD fanboy game that's just heroes...sigh.

>

> >

>

> > Hate to burst your bubble but this IS a TWD fanboy game. You wiouldn't be playing it if you had never watched the series.

>

>

>

> No, I started playing when there were no heroes and no leader position. From the first week it was released. I enjoy the show, definitely not a fanboy such as yourself. I play because of my awesome guild mates and the challenge to stay in the top 50. But thanks for your input.

>

> Why exactly are you calling me a fanboy? Do you know me? AM I supposed to be offended by your petty insults?

>

> The game has always been about the show, it's got the AMC licence and uses the same name, Daryl guiding you through, etc. Denying that is asinine.

Well since you said this is a fanboy game, and you just started playing.. you pretty much called yourself a fanboy. Don't be so sensitive. And I was playing world war z before this game and it was a horrible apocalyptic game. Was impressed with the game play of NML and haven't looked back. So for me it wasn't about the show, just a better apocalypse game. Believe what you want. None of the chapters had anything to do with TWD, who the hell is vanzant? Really the only asinine thing being done here is the troll @anthony172 , isn't he one of the trolls that got @dlich kicked from the forum? Oh that was before you were here. Some people just like to get others riled up by disagrees and trolling members with different view points. This forum gets too toxic at times. If I hurt your feelings @Captoon I apologise. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions on this game. No more comments from me in this forum, you can pm me if you're not happy with my reply. Stay safe.

You're a little too far yup your own ass there mate, time to come down. I guess it's good that in that respect that you're quitting.

I never said I just started playing, in fact I'm level 65. All the chapters had something to do with TWD, who the hell is Daryl to you?

Again, your pettiness offends no one.
    anthony172
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 310
    Serp said:

How about a little change of pace. Instead of adding a new hero from the show make @shteevie a hero in the game. His leader trait could be the ability to write new code to turn off auto over!

That would make him my favorite hero!!! The auto-cover NEEDS to go or at least let me turn it off.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    ekimhclewGeorgeRomeroJaden
  • GeorgeRomeroGeorgeRomero Member Posts: 65

I'm sitting here and it hit me like a brick house,

What would be different between shotgun and assault?

A shotgun class would do high damage up close but still have a spread with lower damage at further distances.
    Japes87
  • GeorgeRomeroGeorgeRomero Member Posts: 65
    Though I'm sure the coding for that scenario would be much more trouble than it's worth in the eyes of the programmmers
  • Starr621Starr621 Member Posts: 108
    If Shane were to be introduced to this game I would call for him in a heartbeat.
  • Starr621Starr621 Member Posts: 108
    If they were to introduce Shane, one idea that I think would be cool is make Highlights missions from Season 2 where every mission you could earn Shane tokens. It would work similar to how the Governor can be unlocked after completing all the Season 3 missions from Highlights.
    anthony172bigbeano
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 674
    > @Starr621 said:
    > If they were to introduce Shane, one idea that I think would be cool is make Highlights missions from Season 2 where every mission you could earn Shane tokens. It would work similar to how the Governor can be unlocked after completing all the Season 3 missions from Highlights.

I hope they do that.
    Starr621
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    > @ShadowaceAz said:
    > They shot the sheriff, but they did not shoot the deputy
    >
    > They shot the sheriff, but they did not shoot the deputy

Sorry @ShadowaceAz, but Rick killed the deputy, but Carl did shoot the deputy walker,)~
    JenngShadowaceAzStarr621