Can Someone Please Explain Outpost Scoring?

Some times I face defenders 2 or 3 survivor levels above my raiders, but only get 10 influence points as reward when I win. Other times, I face defenders 2 or 3 levels below my raiders and get 15 influence points.

Why is it defeating stronger survivors is worth fewer points? They should be worth more than weaker defenders.

Can someone please explain how it works?

Comments

• dmar310dmar310 Member Posts: 83
    Thanks! That answers it. :)
    SCBMAMattOfEarth
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 779
    But then sometimes I see that I’m going to get say 530 TG for a raid, then I get in there and see level 26 everything with three tanks and the whole nine yards. Then the next raid is around 540 to 550 TG sometimes. I prepare for more level 26 guys only to find that everything is level 19.

Wonder why that is?
    DoTakDLichSCBMA
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    SCBMA said:

Correct @psychwolf, the number, type and level of walkers captured determines trade good amounts. The defender levels do not factor in.

In general, and historically, I agree with SCBMA. But also, like ekimhclew, I've seen anomalies. A week ago, I did a raid for 534 TGs and I was faced with 2 level 12 armored and level 1 normal walkers. And the quality of defenders was low too

???
    enigma12
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I'm not sure how it works exactly but I do believe multiple factors effect rewards.

For an example; I raided a player who had mid level defenders in OP and received approximately 350 TG.
    That same player changed their OP defenders with higher level defenders only and reward went to approximately 450 TG.

I assume the reward of influence & TG is effected by;
    1) the defenders level of survivors in OP,
    2) the amount of walkers,
    3) the level of walkers
    4) and the amount of influence the defender has at the time of the raid.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    SCBMA said:

Yes, I have a spreadsheet trying to figure out why. B)

My typical reaction when I've read smth like that
    SCBMA
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    There's probably a bunch of factors that go into it... Too many to truly know. Players tried a long time ago to figure it out.. There was little logic in things we could understand.

It's possible that if there are 6 low level walkers that you get a high TG amount because it's "harder" since you don't have everyone fully charged. It's also possible that if there are 3 tank, 3 armored and 16 normal walkers you get a high amount of TG too because it's "harder".

I do believe influence is directly related to your influence vs the opponents influence. Nowadays almost everyone has legendary or higher survivors. So if you have 5100 influence and you're matched up (which you have no say in) with someone with around 5600 influence you're going to gain more than 10. This was discovered by players on the forum comparing influence at time of attack.

TG's on the other hand... I feel like this used to only be based on walker strength but who knows.

I do know there's some kind of "gap" between influence.

Meaning if you have influence of 3000 and are camp lvl 60 you won't be matched up with players with influence of 5000 and camp lvl 68.

there's some kind of "on pace" regarding camp level.

So a player with 5K influence but is camp lvl 55 won't be matched up with players that have 5K influence but are camp lvl 68 (this is because the level of your survivors and theirs would be so offset).

Similar camp levels
    Similar influence

Those are the two main things that determine match ups.

Walker strength is one of the main things that determine TG's.
    Influence compared to your opponent is the main thing that determines influence.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    honestly i think there is no logic, or if there is one its not logical to me.

So my guess is try to face opponents that have at least 1 blue survivor, sometimes you get 2 thats great, i know there is a few ones that put 1 green and 2 yellow but both yellow are level 26 or 27 but i never write down the names.

Sometimes i think its better to try maybe 10 times cause even in high levels you can get weak opposition.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    edited April 2018
    Here's an example of why I had a 'feeling' opponent level and/or prestige played into it.

*edit to add:
    Both had level 2 walkers
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

psychwolf
    Ok, hard to explain what I got then.
    Concordia

• ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 779
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen one that yields only 240 TGs
    ekimhclew said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one that yields only 240 TGs

Yep, and since they had basically the same defending walkers (actually he had 1 more than the other guy) it simply confuses me more. However not going to try to understand it since we have been told that only # of, type of, and level of walkers affect it.

:+1: is where I sit.
    Concordia

SCBMA
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    @ShadowaceAz Anomalies might be explained by a random element in the calculation. But even if we knew the algorithm, how much would it help us make choices? The opponent is random, our only choice is raid or sacrifice 10 TG for another random opponent, we can only see the defender classes and their rarity/prestige, so if walker number/levels and defender levels/stars contribute, then at least two variables are hidden from us.

Where it would help to know at least the basics of which factors affect the offered amount of TG is in reducing the uncertainty and paranoia around the game. I don't understand all of NG's attitude to secrecy on these things.
    ShadowaceAzDodkong
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    edited April 2018
    @SCBMA is the best person on this planet!!

*edit... seems weird that you'd disagree with that statement @SCBMA

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    SCBMA
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited April 2018
    The 2nd raid was done after a break, so not straight away. So I assume he/she had removed the shield.

What it shows is TG is the same both times but the influence was one less. I would imagine that to be because I was closer to the opponents influence the second time.

I also knew where Rosita was hiding as well :D

Edit: forgot to post pic
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    SCBMADLichShadowaceAz
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 373
    I’ve been curious too about influence points and the number of trading goods. I regularly raid for 500+ TGs. I am player lever 59 with level 20 survivors. I just played against this outpost. Their defenders were all level 20 with level 19 walkers.