Hero week is back

1235»

Comments

• Silent2015Silent2015 Member Posts: 11
    Saving over 3 weeks and bought 1 bundle ?
    And you caught 750 PHONES ???

This game is dying, fake accounts like yours are not the right way !
    ekimhclewSCBMAKyrusTJSromeoStarr621bigbeano
    That pic is not to beat with my comments.
    Such a short try, to get a few coins from veteran players !!!
    BTW, you logged into a bad world.
    Many dies or only try to lie or are NG fake players !!!
  • Starr621Starr621 Member Posts: 108

That pic is not to beat with my comments.

Such a short try, to get a few coins from veteran players !!!

It's ok you're delusional we get it. And if the game ends, you get hit more because you invested so much more time than me. So joke's on you either way buddy XD
    SCBMAekimhclewTJS
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 674
    > @Starr621 said:
    > Greetings everyone first time here on the forums! I've been playing for about 3 weeks now and am enjoying the game! I read about heroes and found Sasha seems to be one of the best heroes from many sources so I went and burned about 750 radios to get her to legendary.
    >
    > I definitely had a rollercoaster of luck. My first 20 calls were nothing but greens and teaser purple hero 32 tokens. I only pulled 2 64 Sashas and was beginning to doubt the drop rates. Fortunately my luck improved with the next 27 calls and I was able to pull a few 256 Sashas as well as a 128 Negan and 128 Morgan in the process which was nice.
    >
    > After making Sasha legendary, I ended up doing 3 more calls just for the heck of it and no joke I pulled back to back legendaries and a 256 Sasha. I kept the 256 Sasha on my first since the legendary was a Scout with underwhelming traits but on the second I got this lovely shooter:

That shooter is good but not so good. Vigilant trait is awful. If i were you i wouldn't spend any tokens on him and i will wait for a better one.
    ekimhclewStarr621
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    edited April 2018
    @Starr621

Totally agree with @anthony172 here. You may also find that you don’t like revenge too much as well once you continue playing more. That trait can go either way, some people love it, and some people aren’t huge fans of it. So I would use that shooter, but don’t invest a single token. Save them like you did your radios until you find that unicorn to dump them all into

Edited to add: @Silent2015... not cool no reason to act like that
    anthony172CaptainslayerTJSStarr621
    edited April 2018
    Hey guys thanks for all the suggestions. I'm slowly learning which traits are the best. I feel like I may not get a better shooter though because so much RNG is needed to get all the perfect traits. But I am still going to wait and see what is the best people to invest into.

Even though I agree vigilant isn't the best trait, I feel like it can somewhat be viable on a shooter. But I'll just test him out and see how far he can take me.

Is there a place where I can look up what is considered a 'unicorn' for each class? So far I've been basing my decisions off this site: https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/what-traits-should-i-be-looking-for/
    edited April 2018
    Ruthless is pretty much a must have for all classes except bruiser and assault, because they stun. Aside from that it’s mostly based off of your own personal play style, whether you’re more offensive or defensive.

Edited to add: I know @ShadowaceAz created a thread semi recently where a few people, me included, posted our own personal unicorn traits for each class

Edited again: Here’s the link if you’re interested

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/34207/traits-one-place-to-bind-them-all#latest
    Starr621
    ekimhclew said:

Ruthless is pretty much a must have for all classes except bruiser and assault, because they stun. Aside from that it’s mostly based off of your own personal play style, whether you’re more offensive or defensive.

Edited to add: I know @ShadowaceAz created a thread semi recently where a few people, me included, posted our own personal unicorn traits for each class

Edited again: Here’s the link if you’re interested

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/34207/traits-one-place-to-bind-them-all#latest

Thanks I appreciate it! I'll definitely check it out :)

• David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    It’s Daryls day
    TJSSCBMA
  • whitek111whitek111 Member Posts: 94
    Yawn not gonna waste phones on Daryl but this week was great. Hopefully itll return "soon" please let it come back quicker then the last time.
    David_H79ekimhclew
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    Abraham burn!!

David_H79mack22tristanizStarr621
  • theldssdltheldssdl Member Posts: 114
    So is today the last day?
  • BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 70
    Should be...
    Scrounged up enough radios for two calls, first one was all green, second one was 32 Sasha...
    Oh well, Daryl is already Legendary and a long way from pink...
    edited April 2018
    The obvious reason for not telling us the lineup ahead of time is to get us to spend our phones early then buy more when another hero we want shows up.

Which is why I was sure that today was going to be either Aaron day or, like @TransmuteJun said, Merle day.

It doesn’t matter to me because i spent every one of my 1000+ phones on Sasha yesterday.

Just curious, how come you didn’t spend any on Sasha @TransmuteJun?

Edit spelling
    JenngShadowaceAz
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I was expecting today to be Michonne. Even with her being featured a week or two ago, I think that only allowed many to unlock her but not progress her much, if at all. And there seemed to be many requests on the forum for her to be included.

@Kaz I was happy to see Gabe as part of this Hero Week's line up. But we're still missing Eugene, Glenn, Rosita,Tara and especially Rufus (won't forget to include him for you, @Jenng!) from the Hero Week offerings. I realize the popular ones get a lot of the attention, but let's not forget that everyone should get their day in the limelight. ;)
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    JenngbigbeanoSCBMAmack22
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007
    Yes, clearly they wanted you to blow our phones and then spend when a better hero showed up. Which is why I didn't spend any phones and was waiting for the one I wanted!
    ekimhclew said:

Just curious, how come you didn’t spend any on Sasha @TransmuteJun?

I did consider briefly spending some phones on Sasha, but I didn't for the same reason I didn't spend on Abraham.
    ekimhclew
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,175
    Oh! You’re speaking my love language @Dodkong , let it be so. ;)

DodkongbigbeanoSCBMAmack22
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 160
    Used Hero Week to get Carl to Legendary. Woop woop.
    David_H79SCBMAanthony172mack22
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    They have said in the past that Daryl is hugely popular for new players so I'm guessing they did the Abe to Sasha calls for maximizing the revenue of the higher and long time players and Daryl to hit the other part of the market (new and transitional players) their analytics dictate their events
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 674
    > @Japes87 said:
    > They have said in the past that Daryl is hugely popular for new players so I'm guessing they did the Abe to Sasha calls for maximizing the revenue of the higher and long time players and Daryl to hit the other part of the market (new and transitional players) their analytics dictate their events

You are right a lot of new players love Daryl and maybe they chose these heroes because they are very useful. I was no expecting Mich because they already did a Mich week and they gave us 50 and 100 tokens of her in the Distance. I am very sad that Merle and Rufus weren't in this hero week but I am very happy that Carl and Gabriel were included and obviously Sasha and Abe are very useful and the best heroes so i hope that always they include them. Hope that next time they consider including Merle, Rufus and Tara. And who knows maybe they add Andrea and include her( that would be awesome) :D :D <3
    Japes87
    @anthony172

You just had to fit in there somewhere didn’t you?
    ShadowaceAz
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    ekimhclew said:

@anthony172

You just had to fit in there somewhere didn’t you?

Hit Posting-to-Andrea ratio was dropping it appears.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

ekimhclew
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    Someone email Chris Hardwick and tell him Rufus needs some love in NML
    He's probably still pissed Tata won the community event
    SCBMAJaden
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    No Merle this time = more phones for him next time around.

Having hero week every now and again just helps to remind me how much worse every other call type is.