[BUG FEEDBACK]An old bug in the challenge

There's a weird thing in the challenge--walker next to the door can not be selected.
Maybe the photos can't explain this clearly because I can't screenshot my finger into it, actually I'm touching the yellow area.

I don't know it's a normal design or not, but it's weird to me.
And, this old bug have been there for over a year since 2017 April.....
Are there any players bothering by this bug?
Japes87TatdJdmKratosromeoI_Am_PsychoMischapradiSteinar

Comments

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Yes, that's happened to me a few times, luckily it has been in lower difficulty rounds so the damage wasn't enough to cost me a star...but it also will be come a problem during the higher rounds when you want to move fast but can't.
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Yup, super annoying. Only real option is to do as @TJS suggested
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    I_Am_PsychoTJSl2wannabe
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Agreed. Not sure if it is a bug, or intended, but on the Caged Goods map you cannot melee attack through the fences, unless you are doing it through Overwatch. It is weird, since there are other instances in game where you CAN attack through a gate or fence outside of melee Overwatch, at least in Outpost. But.anytime you attempt that on this map, you just start opening the gate. I always Melee this map, but I'm guessing from TJS' comment the same thing happens with ranged attacks if you try and shoot a walker that's right in front of the gate. Definitely annoying and seemingly illogical, but can at least be worked around if you know it's going to happen.
    l2wannabe
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 360
    Got me twice last night. Thought I screwed up first time but second time it happened I was sure it was the games fault.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    It's DEFINITELY a bug, otherwise @TJS suggestion to target other walkers behind the gate and/or overwatch wouldn't work.

This saves me time gathering time to report this bug.

I've noticed it before as well.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    TJSl2wannabe
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 416
    i didnt think it was a bug. i just thought it was part of the mechanics...if there's a walker right next to an unopened gate, ur only options r to either open gate or leave in overwatch to get them when they move. i've always been able to shoot any walker that is not next to gate but never 1 that is next to gate if it's unopened. so i just play around that.
    MystiqueJenngAmBushI_Am_Psychol2wannabeMarcus6253
    and i had forgotten until i just replayed it but in ur pic, if u can back sasha away from gate with half move and if gate is not in reach of opening, u should be able to shoot it then. or if u have scout with spear, and they're too far away to open gate but may be in reach to hit with spear...good luck!
    Captainslayer
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    This happens on any map where a walker is standing in the object interaction (gate open in this case) space. Don't know if it is a bug or "as intended" to give priority to object interaction over walker kill, but it has been this way since I started playing 2+ years ago.

As mentioned, one way around it is overwatch, and when the walker moves away he gets shot. Another is to place a survivor in front of the gate, and execute the attack with a different survivor
    Japes87
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,440
    Dammit! I’m disappointed it’s not the stretchy bug. :neutral:

bigbeanoGovernatorJadenpsychwolf
    edited May 2018
    Zette said:

i didnt think it was a bug. i just thought it was part of the mechanics...if there's a walker right next to an unopened gate, ur only options r to either open gate or leave in overwatch to get them when they move. i've always been able to shoot any walker that is not next to gate but never 1 that is next to gate if it's unopened. so i just play around that.

Clear line of sight. Wouldn't let me fire on walker.

Worst of all, taking the screenshot caused the gate to be opened ...damnit ... so she got bruised.

Gomose_WCaptainslayer
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    you can melee through the gate with long range scout weapon and someone else standing in front of the gate.

with range, if you back up far enough that you can't reach the gate in a half move, you can then target the walker right behind the gate
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

Zette_Lily_
    And another screenshot to make it obvious it must be a bug.

Hopefully @Kaz will pass this to @Shteevie ;)

> @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > i didnt think it was a bug. i just thought it was part of the mechanics...if there's a walker right next to an unopened gate, ur only options r to either open gate or leave in overwatch to get them when they move. i've always been able to shoot any walker that is not next to gate but never 1 that is next to gate if it's unopened. so i just play around that.
    >
    >
    >
    > Clear line of sight. Wouldn't let me fire on walker.
    >
    > Worst of all, taking the screenshot caused the gate to be opened ...damnit ... so she got bruised.

to be able to shoot the walker by the gate, u cant be in reach of the gate. in ur screenshot, if katherine had been 1 more space away, she wouldn't have been able to reach the gate but could've shot the walker.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    You can also place a survivor at the gate, once you do, anyone can shoot through the survivor and hit the walker on the other side.

Your survivor basically blocks access to the gate thus taking it out of the equation.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

ZetteMattOfEarthdeb1hd
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    The gate opening mechanics are such that to open the gate you must be directly adjacent to the grid square on the "closed" side of the gate. From that position, you are essentially moving to the grid square just past the gate, provided you have enough movement left in your turn. If the grid square on the closed side of the gate is occupied by a walker, the game defaults to "open gate" rather than "target walker". If you place on in the gate opening grid square, you can then target the walker on the opposite side of the gate
    1st screenshot just shows their original positions...maggie is 1 space away from the gate so backing up works for her to be able to shoot it. 2nd screenshot shows her backed up and able to hit the walker. 3rd screenshot just shows how the spear will get them because glenn cant reach the gate since he was at the crate to the far right on bottom.
    edited May 2018
    @Zette
    Hopefully this video covers your point well enough. I used ranged to make certain I showed it. Able to reach the gate or not, it should be possible to target the walker.

@MattOfEarth
    I agree it's not hard to cope with. It's still a bug though. But I was told something incorrect so I kind of had to do the video ;)

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Remember what Daryl taught you, we stab the walker through the fence before we open the door....duh!

Don't know why the toons in the game haven't learned this yet
    DBonesI_Am_Psychobigbeano
    @Kaz
    Thanks for passing it on. I agree it probably won't be prioritised. There are a lot of maps with bugs, and NG will be motivated to spend more time on new features than addressing inconsistencies that occur here and there.

45° angle still has same problem as my screenshot shows (I am not CERTAIN) it's excactly 45°.

I also agree the algorithm doesn't allow for a user to choose whether to open gate or attack through it, except for where there are multiple targets, which I show in the video.

With it being reported already, I thought I'd highlight it the issue as best as possible. It is only really a problem for me if I forget and play a turn in a hurry.

• Starr621Starr621 Member Posts: 108
    In regards to this challenge level 'Caged Goods', I just experienced a theme glitch just now where the ambient music from the prison was still playing after the post-mission crates and even back at the camp.

I kind of like the interior ambience better that has the water sound effects sometimes.
    edited May 2018
    Also, I want to believe there is a bug on the gate level (sorry forgot the name, it's the 4th challenge level going from left to right). That is twice now I recall having a survivor open the gate only for him not opening it until next turn. The extra turn is critical because otherwise I get overwhelmed with about 8 walkers next to the gate. The first time it happened I chalked it up to maybe human error, but a second time makes me think otherwise now. Both times, too, I checked to make sure the unlock gate prompt was available for my survivor which both times it was.
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 558
    If using the pictures from the thread starter, and even other instances, your gate opener survivor can stand directly in front of the gate, and then use any Melee to target that walker. The melee has no other choice other than attacking from the side. In this case, it was the left side.
    @Starr621
    Do you mean Reverse Escape? It's the only other one with a gate.

I haven't noticed this one. My only trouble on that map has been taking a chance a hidden walker can reach a survivor on it it's turn.

@Starr621
    Do you mean Reverse Escape? It's the only other one with a gate.

I haven't noticed this one. My only trouble on that map has been taking a chance a hidden walker can reach a survivor on it it's turn.

Yes Reverse Escape is the stage. I use Negan to unlock the gate at the rightmost area so he can't get overwhelmed by both sides. 2 times I made sure he was close enough to open the gate to get the orange prompt and both times he went to the spot but didn't open the gate. I am extremely careful with my movements and I really doubt both of those times were human error.
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    You can bypass this bug by moving as far away as possible from the gate then you can target the walkers standing in the gate opening section. I found this out by accident using my hunter initially attacking from the bottom right box.