The Future of NML

I know people have been complaining on the boards for awhile now and I've been ignoring it mostly because I actually don't agree with most of what they're complaining about, but the financial reports I read about this morning made me think and that thought worried me for the first time. I don't mind the grind or spending a little bit of money each week, but if the game is on the decline and could possibly end soon, I thought why should I spend money if it could possibly end soon? What worried me is that started to feel like a self-fulfilling prophecy. People think it might end, stop spending which causes it to end? So what does everyone think? Is NML already in its unavoidable death spire or can it still be saved and have a long fruitful life?
JenngMattOfEarthromeo

Comments

• warwar Member Posts: 441
    It's gonna turn out like Compass Point West.

Sadly, I really liked that game but every time I reinstall it my progress gets lost.
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 559
    WellyLuga said:

Regarding the age old money question, it comes down to 2 things. Do you have the money to spare? If your electric company is threatening to cut you off or your landlord about to evict you then your money would be better spent elsewhere. If yes, then do you enjoy the game enough to want to part with it? The rest is irrelevant really.

Ultimately, it's a mobile phone game which passes a little time. I don't expect to play it forever but I enjoy it now and am fortunate enough to be in a situation where I can part with a little bit of money on a silly little phone game. Certain parts of life you should really look to the future for but I don't think NML should be one of those things :wink:

That's true, I'm in the same boat as you, I guess it would just 'irritate' me if I dropped of money in the game over the next few months only to have it suddenly go belly up.
  • PTRPTR Member Posts: 66
    THX Kaz for answer.
    KazmcbkhicksShadowaceAz
  • Starr621Starr621 Member Posts: 108
    It's nothing new when it comes to mobile games. I, myself, have wanted to see some games just end after playing them because I got so burned out or got to a point of frustration where it was unbearable.

I do kind of wish I found out about this game a few years back though LMAO. Then I probably wouldn't have hopped around so many mobile games LOL.
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,078
    @Kaz

I assume one of these big updates will be a council upgrade as you can see increase in sales during that time, but is putting a band aide on a missing limb going to fix the companies major struggle of keeping players? Fun fact less players = less money. Fun fact #2 pissing off larger spenders = less money.
    TroublemakerThe_Overcomer
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,861
    And also, AMC has just announced the filming of the Season 9

The game may go on for a while, but the series has gotten totally boring

They should have killed off Negan a long time ago and started a new chapter
    How many more times is someone with a weapon and a perfect chance to kill Negan gonna totally miss Negan?

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    EL34xyz said:

How many more times is someone with a weapon and a perfect chance to kill Negan gonna totally miss Negan?

Is that not what the entire Star Wars franchise is built upon? How many times do 1,000 storm troopers missed their target. Again, and again, and ah hell... Always.

So they just took a play from the greatest franchise ever! Surprised?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,092
    I was hoping for one more scene of Rick hiding, wilynilly emptying his cylinder at the air then charging in for some CQC.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    mack22
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    OMG .. I am soo sick of hearing. Oh, we have something really amazing coming ... BUT we cant tell you. You'll be amazed, but we cant tell you. I dont care if every single player NEVER comes on to this forum or only .5% come here. Simple FACT is the CEO admits the over 50% decline in revenue is due to people LEAVING the game. It didn't say the forum writers leaving the game. It says GAME players are leaving period. The forum community warned over 6 months ago that this would happen, nothing was done. NG nerfed, screwed and around with rewards, radios, traits and pissed even more players off. So making a comment that the thousands who like it is an empty comment because, forum or not, PEOPLE ARE LEAVING NML. If thousand are loving the game, WHY is there over 50% decline in revenue. SIMPLE, MONEY TALKS. People arent spending. A lot of people won't even waste their time and come to a forum and say what they really think, they just move on. Hence the bad revenue numbers. The game I once coudnt put down and loved IS dying, nearly dead. Trying to resuscitate a dead race horse doesn't bring it back to live to be a race horse again. You might get a pulse for a brief time, BUT it will still die because you neglected it for too long.. This sposed great new update and one to come are a case of too late, too bad so sad... Here's a prediction, if NG are relying on Our World to save them and be their new money maker, I can tell you right now it will fail. Already after 1 month they have made bad changes where people are already backing off on playing as they are nerfing and trying to get more money out of you with the current update and the game cannot survive with its very simple game play. Same company, same mentality, same screw the players when they can. Our World in its current format and the current way it is going will not be anything like NML and will die a quick death and not make anything on revenue like NML. MIKE DROP ...
    TroublemakerMischaPic