Coming down

After the week of 1 gas distance and Saturday coupled with free badge swapping, today sucks. 4 gas per mission again and I have to actually equip my survivors' badges with semi-perminent intention. Bleh.
romeoSCBMA

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    JayZ said:

1 gas per Distance mission encouraged me to use 400 gold to reset twice last week (whereas I normally don't reset, nor do I always play through all 21 missions).

So you're saying since you didn't have to pay 15 gold x 6 spots = 90 gold to un equip 1 survivor of all their badges to place them on another survivor... and you did this during both distances... you spent 800 gold that you wouldn't have normally because of this "semi permanent" badges being able to be unequipped without a fee?

Who would have thought you'd give them $8 by making something that costs something free... other than everyone who plays this game....

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    SCBMA
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    @DLich What are you talking about dude? I explicitly said that I reset the Distance because of 1 gas per mission. I don't have the time or energy to rebadge my survivors, which I made clear in my second post.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    SCBMA
    edited May 2018
    @JayZ sarcasm doesn’t translate well in text. My bad. The point I was trying to make is players like you and many will pay 400 gold to replay the distance if they can swap their badges around for free.

Making badge swapping should be permanently free. I think NG would make more money in the long run. $4 in gold to replay the distance instead of 15 cents here and there if a player wants to swap badges.

Your thinking is like many players. I considered it myself as well. Maybe NG should take note of that. $4 in gold weekly is better than 15 cents here and there from a business standpoint as well as the players benefit as well.

Or one gas missions. Even 2 has missions like outposts are is better than 4.

Second edit. I see now @JayZ you redid distance because of reduced gas costs. Even better for NG.

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    Got it, thanks for clarifying @DLich

I think we're making the same point, generally, that the carrot is better than the stick for everyone involved.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    bigbeanoJadenDLich
    When they offer gifts for 100 gold and sell some $5 bundle with gold and other stuff in it people buy it.

bigbeanoJadenmack22Zette
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    > @JayZ said:
    > On a side note. Holy crap man, you swap badges during the Distance? Swapping gear is already annoying enough, and sometimes I'll head into missions with sub-optimal gear. Swapping badges is a whole different level of time-consuming. The 15 gold cost to remove badges is actually not the worst thing in the world.

lol, when free badge swap comes, I remove all badges from all survivors. I then delete all the "equipped to" data in my spreadsheet. Once I get to where my survivors need badges in the distance, yes, I swap each time I change who goes in lol. I got the furthest last Saturday. I got the tokens after the legendary gear. Today the pit got me. Level 21's with a couple having 2 pink stars.

As for the 15 gold, I spend it when there's not a free event when I get a better badge. 15 gold isn't much, no.