CEO of NG admits 27th April 2018 revenue decline due to players leaving NML

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,802
    edited May 2018
    I believe that NG is listening and obviously @Kaz must pass on a fair amount of suggestions on. The sheer volume means that not everything can make it into the game, I can't say much for every suggestion made but a few that I have noticed have made it into the game. I asked for older challenge map sets and a little while later we had the graveyard challenge (sorry!). I also suggested an epic reckonin'/dixie BBQ in the trade store and that appeared a little while later. I remember reading a post asking for some ruthless armour being available for $£ and whilst I personally didn't buy it, I saw a ruthless armour bundle in the shop.

Subtle things, but they're there if you look for them.

anthony172Kazromeo
  • JeemPedJeemPed Member Posts: 155
    @Shut_Up I agree with what you said.
    But I think NG will listen this weekend.
    They will go into their way back machine to the time jackpot was voted on by the masses.
    xbamfxJadenDBonesArtisans
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 985
    Another boring week...........
  • RowensRowens Member Posts: 36
    Is anyone listening to these people? It’s insane trying to keep my outpost at the platinum level. My camp is getting robbed of twice what I can get from any raid that I do and I’m having to fight lvl 22, 23, and 24 survivors with lvl 26 walkers. WTH?
    Better concentrate on keeping your players and listening to them. I used to love playing this game, now I’m just feel used.
    The_OvercomerTroublemaker
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 567
    Rowens said:

Is anyone listening to these people? It’s insane trying to keep my outpost at the platinum level. My camp is getting robbed of twice what I can get from any raid that I do and I’m having to fight lvl 22, 23, and 24 survivors with lvl 26 walkers. WTH?
    Better concentrate on keeping your players and listening to them. I used to love playing this game, now I’m just feel used.

This is surprising, I'm at Platinum (III) level and barely get 1 attack a day - usually robbing me of very little. Maybe this has something to do with not upgrading my walkers (at all) making me a less valuable target?
  • DMPDMP Member Posts: 60
    Like most folks, for me it's the grind and the reduced rewards that have me on the edge. The Ultimate Challenge was a great concept and the trial runs were overwhelmingly well received. What wasn't to like? Round passes every three rounds, and double guild rewards.....Awesome right? I could live with the reduced rewards and just do raids on Mon and Tue, but for the love of god, please put the back the the 3-round Round Passes.

I'm not a huge spender, but I do spend every now and again. I've been teetering on the jagged edge of just uninstalling and being done for about a month now. I spend way too much time and effort trying to make minimum required stars for my guild, getting crap in gold crates, not enough tomatoes, not enough crates, and the list goes on. What's even the point anymore. My frustration with this game is maxed out.

And don't even get me started on radio phones. UGH!!
    Danski_46The_OvercomerTroublemaker
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    that was a very good response from that other game dev. 👍
  • rustynailrustynail Member Posts: 145
    While frustrated from struggling with unsolved NML connection issues on a G5 network a week back I tried finding solutions via google search. No help but did stumble over this financial loss announcement
    BRIEF-Next Games Q1 EBITDA Swings To Loss Of EUR 3.4 Million https://reut.rs/2Flezqy

If game problems never get addressed players will give up and move on. Its sad because it used to be fun and worth the time spent.
    Smooth but strong and on the rocks.
    romeo
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 567
    FWIW, maintaining such revenues is becoming generally more difficult - phone makers have made it easier for people to turn off notifications (a big factor in player engagement, especially if lapsed) and generally speaking people are installing less Apps on their devices.

Especially for older games, retention is becoming ever more difficult.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    I still love the game.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

anthony172
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Nope. I love the game and most the people I've met through it. Sorry it's not what every single persons wants.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,129
    @ShadowaceAz

What specifically do you enjoy about the game itself? Not using people or guildmates what makes this game so great to you?
  • PicPic Member Posts: 836
    How many post complaints does it take to fix a game that is apparently broke? I lead one of the most successful guilds in the game(I said ONE of the most =)) I have seen such a downfall in player satisfaction, and am just overall disappointed where this is heading. Whatever you are doing currently isn't working, I don't plan to play the new game. You still have a fan base here, and obviously this is your money maker to fund that game. Wouldn't you keep one boat afloat before you tested out a new one?
    DrunkenTroublemakerJapes87biter370
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,129
    @Pic

why I dipped out completely. Money is better spent on loose women and booze
    PicbigbeanoSPC_TORRESbiter370
  • PicPic Member Posts: 836
    You are still around the forums/line. One of us just plays, the other is more towards community.