CEO of NG admits 27th April 2018 revenue decline due to players leaving NML

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,252
    edited May 2018
    I believe that NG is listening and obviously @Kaz must pass on a fair amount of suggestions on. The sheer volume means that not everything can make it into the game, I can't say much for every suggestion made but a few that I have noticed have made it into the game. I asked for older challenge map sets and a little while later we had the graveyard challenge (sorry!). I also suggested an epic reckonin'/dixie BBQ in the trade store and that appeared a little while later. I remember reading a post asking for some ruthless armour being available for $£ and whilst I personally didn't buy it, I saw a ruthless armour bundle in the shop.

Subtle things, but they're there if you look for them.

anthony172Kazromeo
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,562
    @ShadowaceAz I am one of those you speak of regarding lvl 26 tanks, armored and normal walkers in outpost. Before NG did the nerf on the TG's (limiting how much you earn in challenges) I was earning some 30K+ a challenge. Plus I would actually play outposts. It was easy in a weekend with an hour of dedication to play some outposts, bang out challenges and be up 50K TG's.

At one point I was over 300K TG's, with nothing to spend them on. So I decided to spend some on outpost walkers for the mere fact that I had so many.

Since then, the number of rounds in the challenge is less and the TG's earned is less so in hindsight it's not the best investment.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    JadenromeoThe_OvercomersuzequeueTatdJdm
  • JeemPedJeemPed Member Posts: 159
    @Shut_Up I agree with what you said.
    But I think NG will listen this weekend.
    They will go into their way back machine to the time jackpot was voted on by the masses.
    xbamfxJadenDBonesArtisans
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,437
    Another boring week...........
  • RowensRowens Member Posts: 37
    Is anyone listening to these people? It’s insane trying to keep my outpost at the platinum level. My camp is getting robbed of twice what I can get from any raid that I do and I’m having to fight lvl 22, 23, and 24 survivors with lvl 26 walkers. WTH?
    Better concentrate on keeping your players and listening to them. I used to love playing this game, now I’m just feel used.
    The_OvercomerTroublemaker
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    Rowens said:

Is anyone listening to these people? It’s insane trying to keep my outpost at the platinum level. My camp is getting robbed of twice what I can get from any raid that I do and I’m having to fight lvl 22, 23, and 24 survivors with lvl 26 walkers. WTH?
    Better concentrate on keeping your players and listening to them. I used to love playing this game, now I’m just feel used.

This is surprising, I'm at Platinum (III) level and barely get 1 attack a day - usually robbing me of very little. Maybe this has something to do with not upgrading my walkers (at all) making me a less valuable target?

This is surprising, I'm at Platinum (III) level and barely get 1 attack a day - usually robbing me of very little. Maybe this has something to do with not upgrading my walkers (at all) making me a less valuable target?

I noticed when I don't play outposts I don't get attacked that often. When I do play outposts I get attacked frequently

TJSbigbeanoStalker20Jadenbiter370Gobold69
  • DMPDMP Member Posts: 60
    Like most folks, for me it's the grind and the reduced rewards that have me on the edge. The Ultimate Challenge was a great concept and the trial runs were overwhelmingly well received. What wasn't to like? Round passes every three rounds, and double guild rewards.....Awesome right? I could live with the reduced rewards and just do raids on Mon and Tue, but for the love of god, please put the back the the 3-round Round Passes.

I'm not a huge spender, but I do spend every now and again. I've been teetering on the jagged edge of just uninstalling and being done for about a month now. I spend way too much time and effort trying to make minimum required stars for my guild, getting crap in gold crates, not enough tomatoes, not enough crates, and the list goes on. What's even the point anymore. My frustration with this game is maxed out.

And don't even get me started on radio phones. UGH!!
    Stalker20The_OvercomerTroublemaker
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @Kaz

I know you have to defend the company and all, but you can not twist the numbers and say it looks promising. Stock is at an all time low for company nothing promising about that. Players like myself who spent leaving there is nothing promising about that, players not spending there is no positive spin about that.

The game simple was ruined for me by the mass amounts greed. I have stated it before the game isn't unique. It isn't different. Its the same thing over and over again, but most players play for their guild and friends. That being said decreasing rewards, decreasing bundle totals(while increasing price) running out a Council upgrade, failure to please the vast majority are all reasons the company is failing.

@Cronus

I think it is so ironic how you and I predicted this and now its come to light. The fact I was so quickly dismissed by NG when I posted my concerns makes me laugh pretty hard now. Gosh only if someone with the education and background in business could have predicted this.... Only if right seeing as you and I did predict this and I would love to find the initial thread and secondary thread to bump them.

To all:
    The original post hit it head on. Why would players invest heavily into any new NG product when vast majority of players have distaste. I know I have no desire to invest or play any new NG game or even play NML again. They burnt that bridge... But kudos to the team for staying with them. The ship will eventually sink and hopefully they have fall back plans.

@Shteevie
    Going back to my post from months ago. When I predicted this I was assured that wasn't the case, but it seems now that the stock is dropping faster than Cosby's dates. I just wanted to point out I was right. I will continue to be right unless a major underhaul is done

Back to Life Peace out ladies and gents
    paintbeastStalker20The_OvercomerTroublemakerR2runfast
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    that was a very good response from that other game dev. 👍
  • rustynailrustynail Member Posts: 154
    While frustrated from struggling with unsolved NML connection issues on a G5 network a week back I tried finding solutions via google search. No help but did stumble over this financial loss announcement
    BRIEF-Next Games Q1 EBITDA Swings To Loss Of EUR 3.4 Million https://reut.rs/2Flezqy

If game problems never get addressed players will give up and move on. Its sad because it used to be fun and worth the time spent.
    Smooth but strong and on the rocks.
    romeo
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,727

Thanks @Kaz. A radio phone drop event this weekend will distract me from any pessimism I may develop from the financial reports. :wink:

I am no longer pessimistic! However, my optimism is dampened by the loss of radios compared to previous radio phone drop events. I guess I should have been more clear when I suggested a radio phone drop event. :lol:
    JenngSCBMAbigbeanoMystiqueromeobiter370The_Overcomer
    @Governator

Good Sir the loss of radios is because they are striving to push or force you to buy them. @Kaz has said numerous times in forums that Radios are the most impactful resource. It is no wonder that NG keeps nerfing the Radios, but the problem is they push away customers that were spending to buy the bundles previously. Now they are pushing away players who bought gas or xp booster. There goal was to nerf shit so bad that they had hoped we would spend more, but instead they are losing. Their business strategy is beyond frustrating. Their logic is greed and its failing them. While back if you remember I noted that bundles were getting a little better after they massively nerfed them. This past double hero token I logged in and bundles were still a little better than last but not on pace of the first event. Ironically to me if you look at the Double Token events and the Quarter sales you can see the drop. First Call was last quarter 2017 sales were amazing bundles were good. First quarter 2018 sales dropped so greatly and bundles were pure trash for the event and everyday.

Yet NG doesn't understand or get their consumers.
    anthony172bigbeanoJadenStalker20TatdJdm
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    @nadecir You said the key word. TRUST get the trust of your clients and the business will come naturally. Customers will come to you when they have the need and they also will do the best marketing campaign for you. That's why we take our costumer out on dinners, drinks, Symposiums, soccer games.... Is not because we sales people want to hang out with them, no, we are trying to build a relationship, you cannot do that if there isn't trust.

DLichnadecirTroublemakerJadenThe_OvercomerGobold69
    Everyone knows already I'm terrible with analogies.. Like literally.. But I'll try...

I understand when I go to the supermarket (especially on weekends) they have staff there that will give out free samples of various foods with anticipation that you'll buy it. Free small sample. If you enjoy the product you pay for a box you can bring home and eat it when you want.

This is a normal business practice... One that has proven to work.

Now suppose you buy that box of snacks or whatever and 3 weeks later the packaging (or quantity) within the box is smaller but the price is the same. You might still purchase that product because it gave you enjoyment so you overlook the fact that the product is smaller.

Another 3 weeks go by and again the packaging (quantity) within the box has gotten smaller again, but this time the price has gone up. You can blame it on the product no longer being in season or the conversion rate from american dollar to whatever currency used is to blame on the increase costs and smaller quantity. You may overlook this because you really still enjoy the product.

Then another 3 weeks go by and you notice the store isn't replenishing the stock of said product. The price of the product has gone up again but this time it's double. The store tells you that it's in "high demand" and is why the price has increased (although you think it's just a tactic companies use sometimes to adjust the quantity of said product to increase it's demand by having less supply and thus raising prices). Would you still consider buying this product?

After months and months of this back and forth with this product you decide to try a different product. I mean in all reality every weekend there is another staff member giving out free samples of their product. Maybe it's time to try a different product...

Ok bad example? Let's try one more...

There's 2 women you are in love with.

The first one you have had a 5 year relationship with. You have had ups and downs, someone cheated on the other one, you have baggage with each other.

The second one you have met a handful of times and have gone on a few dates. You don't know much about eachother but you are both interested in learning about each other.

Which one do you think will be more successful? The one that has had a proven bad relationship or the one where there is still some unknown.

DLich's done rambling now.

nadecirbiter370bigbeanoGovernatorJadendeb1hdTatdJdm
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    FWIW, maintaining such revenues is becoming generally more difficult - phone makers have made it easier for people to turn off notifications (a big factor in player engagement, especially if lapsed) and generally speaking people are installing less Apps on their devices.

Especially for older games, retention is becoming ever more difficult.
  • biter370biter370 Member Posts: 133
    Some of the problems I have with this game is that NG always nerfs something.
    I started playing the game in 2015, I found survivors and gear with the best traits after searching for sometime so what does NG do, nerf the traits or the survivor class.

Then NG introduces new traits on survivors/gear & makes it almost impossible to find the best traits unless you spend money to obtain the set of traits you want.
    So you spend some money to stay some what competitive then NG nerfs the traits or does a new upgrade that forces you to buy new gear that you know will be obsolete in a few months instead of giving you a free or lower cost option to upgrade.

NG always tries to max their revenue instead of making things more affordable, if gear, phones or other bundle prices were reasonable and retain their value more people would buy them.
    NG customer satisfaction and revenue goes up, a win win for all.
    DLichMischaanthony172Raven2318TroublemakerStalker20romeoThe_Overcomer
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    I still love the game.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

anthony172
    edited May 2018

I still love the game.
    Do you love the game itself or the ideology of what the game represents?

Often times abused partners mistake the true meaning of love. They will often stay with their abusers because of what they believe is love. As an ex smoker, I never "loved" smoking cigarettes. But there I would be every 2 hours outside for a few minutes puffing my life away.

I had an addiction. I was used to the repetition of the event. A reason to take a short break at work for a few minutes (non smokers often don't get the same "get up and go outside" ability as smokers do) every few hours. Driving to work. Driving home from work. After a meal. After other physical activities.

It becomes a part of your everyday life activities. There's even friends you made while standing outside smoking.

Then you quit smoking...

The car rides to and from work feel different. You no longer see your smoking friends outside. You now no longer have an excuse to get out of doing work for a few minutes. You eat your meals and feel the indifference afterwards.

I'm losing my thoughts here. I think my TLDR (I'll bold it down here for @Bill_ZRT ) is that don't confuse "love" for repetition and stay for the wrong reasons.

#DLichGetsDeep

Japes87iamedgeTroublemakerromeoOneLessTitandeb1hd
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Hey @Kaz heres an easy one for you. What happened to Double Tap? What was it designed to do? I only ask cuz it sounded cool.

I keep hearing NG listens to its players. Its $$. Its player$$

If.... ifff NG had listened to its free brainstorming team (this forum) they would be swimmin in the $$$. I like to support my games and the company that makes those games so they can further produce the games I enjoy playing, but this game, this company lost my trust by nerfing not only traits but nerfing paid for items and not realizing the potential for making more $$ by letting weapons and gear become obsolete.

Some people never learn and NG is a perfect example of it.

My only hope is for new management.
    I've been wanting to spend $$ on this game for awhile but NG has done nothing to regain my trust. In fact, they have widened the gap with every horrible decision they put forth in NML.
    Japes87DrunkenbigbeanoTroublemakerMischaThe_Overcomerpaintbeastbiter370
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Nope. I love the game and most the people I've met through it. Sorry it's not what every single persons wants.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

@ShadowaceAz

What specifically do you enjoy about the game itself? Not using people or guildmates what makes this game so great to you?
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    How many post complaints does it take to fix a game that is apparently broke? I lead one of the most successful guilds in the game(I said ONE of the most =)) I have seen such a downfall in player satisfaction, and am just overall disappointed where this is heading. Whatever you are doing currently isn't working, I don't plan to play the new game. You still have a fan base here, and obviously this is your money maker to fund that game. Wouldn't you keep one boat afloat before you tested out a new one?
    DrunkenTroublemakerJapes87biter370
    @Pic

why I dipped out completely. Money is better spent on loose women and booze
    PicbigbeanoSPC_TORRESbiter370
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    You are still around the forums/line. One of us just plays, the other is more towards community.